Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Long live the ezine! Winter 2015! We need articles or ads for upcoming releases!!! Exclamation points!!!!!

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:56:20 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
I promised, or at least said, that I wanted to try and get two issues out this year. I'm aiming to have the second one come out in December. But I need articles for this thing, at least 5 or 6.

Shane is interviewing a band and I have a couple ideas on something I could write about, but we need more content. Anyone out there wanna write something? It can be as simple as ranting or talking about something game related. Pretty simple, really, just tell us your thoughts on something or talk to someone else. Bam, article!

Shoot me a PM if you have ideas. Let's do this.

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 11/09/2015 at 06:01 PM by Ferris Bueller

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:58:57 AM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Not just any band man, mother f'n Vomitron! No NES for the Wicked!

Edited: 11/06/2015 at 10:00 AM by Shane

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:02:24 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: Shane

Not just any band man, mother f'n Vomitron! No NES for the Wicked!

I didn't mention the name in case you wanted it to be a surprise.  

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:05:23 AM
Shane (146)
United States
No worries broskie and I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Hopefully that'll help spark some interest and get people on board. Long live the Ezine!

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:08:34 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Vomitron? FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:09:19 AM
Shane (146)
United States
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Vomitron? FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

Hell yeah man!

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:27:15 AM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I'd be happy to write an article, just PM some details Ferris regarding approximate length and even some general idea regarding what to write about

Haves     |     Wants

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:41:31 AM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
I wrote an article 2 issues ago about Wii collecting. I'd love to write an article for the new issue about something new. I was thinking about doing a write-up about hunting in the wild tactics.

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:24:00 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Don't have an article ready this time around I had a few article ideas but none of them came close to completion, as I'm currently busy with programming and IRL stuff.

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:51:04 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Setting a deadline for articles of November 22nd. That'll give us time to do the layout and such and hopefully get it out before the end of the year, for those of you out there who are interested in contributing. And thank you to those that have already contacted me with interest in helping out or who pitched ideas!

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:52:54 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Setting a deadline for articles of November 22nd. That'll give us time to do the layout and such and hopefully get it out before the end of the year, for those of you out there who are interested in contributing. And thank you to those that have already contacted me with interest in helping out or who pitched ideas!
Not sure if I'm too late. PM'd

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Nov 9, 2015 at 6:01:03 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
If anyone has an ads they'd like to place for upcoming projects and what not, let me know!

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:40:25 AM
Shane (146)
United States
Get those articles in, let's make this issue a bitchin one!

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:41:09 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Somebody should do a "Rise and fall of amiibo" article.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:04:16 PM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Somebody should do a "Rise and fall of amiibo" article.

That would be a great one. 

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:09:11 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Bump!

Got two articles in so far and one ad is incoming. I need to write something, but that means space for at least two or three more articles to make it nice.

Nov 14, 2015 at 6:50:31 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Bump!

Got two articles in so far and one ad is incoming. I need to write something, but that means space for at least two or three more articles to make it nice.

I'd be interested in submitting an article. Been a writer for a while, but I've never been able to write about gaming or collecting. What kind of length are you look for, and what's the situation with pics included (allowed, limited, etc.)? 

I could send an idea or two your way for review, Ferris, if you want to approve before I get going on it. 

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:50:25 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: laddersandcakes
I'd be interested in submitting an article. Been a writer for a while, but I've never been able to write about gaming or collecting. What kind of length are you look for, and what's the situation with pics included (allowed, limited, etc.)? 

I could send an idea or two your way for review, Ferris, if you want to approve before I get going on it. 

For everyone, I'm looking for anything no shorter than five paragraphs and I'm cool with something a few pages long. Even longer and it could be a two parter, been done in the past.

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:41:16 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Need like two more articles to make this issue kick ass.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:42:45 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
I'm on a mission to get more articles. Need them by this Sunday so we can get this thing out!

Also, ads for new games or such would be nice. Got one set already!

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:37:13 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Couple days left before the deadline. Calling all articles and ads!

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:21:35 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I wrote 2 articles a few months ago for the eZine that was sent to UlyssesWolfgang since he was supposedly the one who was working on the last issue, or at least I was told to send articles to him, but I haven't seen him on here in a while. So he has the two articles I wrote, I don't know if I still have them but I'll have to search for them now.

EDIT: Well I found one of them. Not sure if it's too late to get them in for the ezine.

Edited: 12/04/2015 at 12:26 PM by AstralSoul13

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:27:27 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I just found out the ezine was revived. I've got a few unpublished reviews I wrote a couple years ago that I can rework for the ezine if you still need.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:54:30 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666
I just found out the ezine was revived. I've got a few unpublished reviews I wrote a couple years ago that I can rework for the ezine if you still need.

K. Going to shoot you a PM. This one is already in the works, but we can start stockpiling for another issue.

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:14:41 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
No worries man, first article sent Let me know if you need me to change anything up so I can get it done for the following issue (and get the other articles up to snuff as well).

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee