Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Interview with Color Dream + Scan

Jul 29, 2018 at 7:45:36 PM
LJL Kunio (0)
< Cherub >
I share an interview with Color Dreams for its beginnings, published in July 1989 at VideoGames & Computers.
Mention several games without launching: Pegasus, Outpost, Warbotics and Code Blue.
Also the idea of including an extra processor in a cartridge used later by the Super Cartridge.

Aug 6, 2018 at 12:57:57 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
This is awesome, I read it last week while on my lunch break.

Thanks for sharing!

-------------------------
-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Aug 6, 2018 at 1:15:28 PM
Brachabre (9)
(Weiner Tacos) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Hey I have one of those cart caddies! lol Nice read thanks for sharing OP!

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:49:42 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Thank you for sharing this. Here are my thoughts about the content.

Wow. Fascinating profile. It sounds like they had a really innovative process. But from what I know, it did not live up to the ambition described here. I played the DOS version of Captain Comic when I was a kid. It's a pretty unique game, although I would make it a double feature with Metroid. When I first learned there was a Nintendo version (via ROMs, many years later), I was excited to check it out. It's not a great port. For all their talk about graphics expansion, it's not successful in Captain Comic. Just compare the player sprites. 6 colors in the computer version, same old 2 or 3 in the Nintendo version. And it's less color all around.

I am interested to look at more Color Dreams games. Does anyone know what happened with the Outpost project?

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:06:36 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
i bought jason smiths stuff and there is information and some documents from Brenda Huff about Code Blue and a whole guide to what Warbotics was going to be about. I imagine code blue got pretty far along - they were talking about in a 1989 ad alongside baby boomer and captain comic.

also found a label and box mock sheet with pms color calllouts up  hellraiser if anyone cares...

eBay listings here

Edited: 08/15/2018 at 12:06 AM by qixmaster

Aug 31, 2018 at 9:05:54 PM
LJL Kunio (0)
< Cherub >
What does Warbotics look like, is it a shooter? How it looks?

Maybe they did not get programmed, of those mentioned at least Atlantis was programmed, although in the end it was not released.

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:55:11 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
There was a lot of vapourware coming from Color Dreams, however I wouldn't be surprised if some of these were actually programmed and were somewhere at some former Color Dreams employee's attic

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"