Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Yoshi's Cookie Contest ends Sunday, 5/15/16 at 11 PM NA time

May 8, 2016 at 2:06:57 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of the Weekly Contests!  Man, it has been a very busy week for me.  Your good old pal, Chef Boyar-Bimmy, have been busy slaving away in the kitchen baking up some of my award-winning Blueberry Butterscotch Bimmeroons for the Hyrule Cookie Bake-Off taking place in Kakariko Village this weekend.  And let me tell you, the competition is going to be stiff this year!  I have to go up against Chef Peter Pepper from BurgerTime Kitchens and his legendary Hamburger Cookies!  I mean, just look at these things!

I also have to deal with Cookie and Ohdove of Panic Restaurant and their blue ribbon Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Cantaloupe Cobbler Crunch Bars.  Oh, and how can I forget about Samus and her always tasty Metroid Meringue Meltaways.  And then there’s going to be Mega Man with his Mega Marshmallow Mallomars that are always a big hit with the Hylian judges.  Dino Riki will be there with his Stegosaurus Shortbread Cookies, but all us competitors know he won’t win because they taste like dino doodoo!  I also found out there’s going to be some newcomers this year:  Q-Bert and his No Bull!#?@! No-Bake Cookies, Ren & Stimpy and their Veediot Vanilla Wafers, Pit from Kid Icarus Delights and his Eggplant Newtons (sounds gross), Professor Hector and R.O.B. (short for Robotic Operating Baker) with their Gy-ro-MITE! Ginger Snaps, and Kitana and her Peanut Butter Kiss-of-Death Cookies (sounds deadly).  And last, but not least, the reigning champions: Mario and Luigi with their famous Super Koopa Troopa Snickerdoodles.  I wish Simon Belmont could be there this year with his famous Fang-a-licious Fortune Cookies and their fun and kooky fortunes, like “Don’t look into the Death Star, or you will die” or “Hit Deborah Cliff with your head to make a hole,” but apparently he has an appointment down at the blood bank with a Dr. Acula and can’t make it.  He was told before his appointment to not eat anything with garlic, not to wear a crucifix necklace, and wash his neck really well…whatever all that means.  Anyway, I just discovered this afternoon that I have one slight problem: all my cookies for the bake-off are gone!  What happened you ask?  Well, I kinda sorta maybe let my pet Yoshi sample one of my Bimmeroons fresh from the oven and he REALLY liked it!  So, with that in mind, let me ask you all a quick question.  If you give a Yoshi a cookie, will he want a glass of milk?  Hell yes!  And he’s going to want more damn cookies, too!  If you couldn’t figure it out by now, Yoshi ate all my cookies!  This is where I need everyone’s help.  I need you all to bake up Yoshi some cookies so he will stop eating my Bimmeroons!  And sorry, you guys can’t cheat and get Oreos from the grocery store because they are all sold out.  Bo Abobo ate them all a couple weeks ago in the after-game victory party when Team Abobo beat Team Bimmy in a very lopsided baseball game, remember?  Anyway, here are all the ingredients you will need to bake Yoshi’s Cookie:

• Choose 1 player game
  • Start on Round 1
  • Set your speed to HI
  • Play until Game Over
  • When you get a Game Over, take your picture on the Continue screen
  • You cannot play any further than level 10-10 (beating the game)
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 5,000
  • GENRE: Puzzle

The contest ends Sunday, 5/15/16 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 05/08/2016 at 02:07 PM by bimmy_lee

May 8, 2016 at 2:35:55 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
My favorite thing to do on Sunday afternoons is sit on the toilet with a beer and read these awesome contest write-ups by Bimmy ๐Ÿ˜œ
Good luck everyone!

May 8, 2016 at 2:50:20 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Richardhead

My favorite thing to do on Sunday afternoons is sit on the toilet with a beer and read these awesome contest write-ups by Bimmy ๐Ÿ˜œ
Good luck everyone!

Yup that is usually how it goes....day drinking Sundays reading Kevin's write up and then it is usually Sunday morning hangover from Saturday Santa write up.

This one should be a breeze.....I use to play this on Game Boy when I wasn't playing it on NES.

Forcing points can be tedious but eh fuck it...

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 05/08/2016 at 02:53 PM by Uncle Meat

May 8, 2016 at 2:58:21 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Good luck everyone!

Yup that is usually how it goes....day drinking Sundays reading Kevin's write up and then it is usually Sunday morning hangover from Saturday Santa write up.

This one should be a breeze.....I use to play this on Game Boy when I wasn't playing it on NES.

Forcing points can be tedious but eh fuck it...

I don't start drinking Saturday until almost midnight when I get off work so yeah..... Hangover for sure on Sunday๐Ÿ˜ 
I absolutly hate this game, so not such a breeze for me!

May 8, 2016 at 3:07:37 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
OFFICIAL SCOREBOARD
Yoshi's Cookie
 photo Yoshis Cookie_zpsulwsmxqy.jpg
(Puzzle)
Place Score Username
1 98,400 Alder
2 79,280 ToxieRules
3 75,400 bertsampson
4 72,740 Brock Landers
5 68,940 mbd39
6 63,260 smick
7 61,130 arnpoly
8 60,680 Richardhead
Participation
9 59,900 skinnygrinny
10 58,090 barrelsAndRivets
11 44,310 Ferris Bueller
12 37,090 Seppatoni
13 31,600 SuperJimtendo
14 23,200 Mega Tank
15 21,830 JamesRobot
16 21,510 Stryphos
17 21,180 xtremegamer
18 20,380 EgasKrad
19 19,490 Jandrem
20 19,380 dirk12121212
21 17,480 laddersandcakes
22 7,550 TWarwick07
23 6,740 zobber

Edited: 05/15/2016 at 11:55 PM by bertsampson

May 8, 2016 at 4:37:48 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Update: 0031600

UPDATE: 0021470
Early participation score: 0015390

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Edited: 05/14/2016 at 10:00 AM by SuperJimtendo

May 8, 2016 at 5:32:10 PM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York
Damn bimmy.

THat has got to be a world record for the number of game references in a single clip.
I'll also go so far to say that I'll bet in the history of earth - nobody has ever made that many game references in a story about cookies.

You got a snicker out of me with Simon Belmont.
Love these.

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

May 8, 2016 at 6:10:04 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

Edited: 05/15/2016 at 02:59 AM by barrels

May 8, 2016 at 7:40:19 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Remember how people use to play Tetris a lot.......I played Yoshis Cookie.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 8, 2016 at 8:08:19 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Remember how people use to play Tetris a lot.......I played Yoshis Cookie.

I did too, but I'm super rusty. If I was using my Gameboy as a kid, I was playing either Yoshi's Cookie or Kirby's Pinball Land 95% of the time.

May 8, 2016 at 8:49:29 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

I just started playing this. It's kind of fun.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Edited: 05/15/2016 at 09:37 PM by mbd39

May 8, 2016 at 9:09:57 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Hopefully skinny sucks at this worse than me

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

May 8, 2016 at 9:30:55 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Hopefully skinny sucks at this worse than me

My mom bought this game "for me" (kinda hit home that it is the game on Mother's Day) but we both knew it was for her (she always played Tetris and I hate tetris). I have never been a fan of puzzle games. 

So, anyway, I'm terrible at this game. If she didn't live 4 hours away I'd have her post a score this week

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

May 8, 2016 at 9:31:51 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Well in that case I'm playing SWAT Kats tonight and will just wing this eventually

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

May 9, 2016 at 9:47:51 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
It does never really get hard on high speed until the 7th level or so.

Until then you should be able to rack up some points but it turns into a survival game after that.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 9, 2016 at 11:16:59 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I forgot this was on the docket! I won Yoshi's Cookie the last time but I don't know if I have the time to crank out a winning score this time. I think I could place at least!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

May 9, 2016 at 11:24:22 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: arnpoly

I forgot this was on the docket! I won Yoshi's Cookie the last time but I don't know if I have the time to crank out a winning score this time. I think I could place at least!

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Yikes. I have a lot of improving to do

May 9, 2016 at 11:31:07 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&th...

This time it's high speed instead of low, so that does make things different.  I remember spending a lot of time getting a really high score on the first 3 or 4 levels and then just surviving the rest of the game.  I'm not so sure that strategy will fly this time around.  Doing all 100 levels took around 2 hours or more though which is absolutely my limiting factor here.

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

May 9, 2016 at 12:58:06 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

I'm hoping to get a score of over 50,000 by Sunday, but we'll see.

May 9, 2016 at 2:30:40 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

This time it's high speed instead of low, so that does make things different.  I remember spending a lot of time getting a really high score on the first 3 or 4 levels and then just surviving the rest of the game.  I'm not so sure that strategy will fly this time around.  Doing all 100 levels took around 2 hours or more though which is absolutely my limiting factor here.

That is going to be my strategy as well, I usually let the board build up on both axis until it starts to get 1 line away from a game over and then start cranking them out and repeat up until the 6th or 7th level.

I have had years of practice on this game so I feel pretty confident placing high.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

May 9, 2016 at 5:29:08 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Score updated.

i'm not sure what the best strategy would be, trying to get higher scores in the early levels seems logical and easily doable for a while but i usually dick around too long and the speed gets the better of me and i fucker it all up. certainly didn't play this one a s a kid. tetris attack on snes was my shit when it came to puzzlers. but i wanted to update my score before i head over and see what kind of grub Richardhead has in his fridge, and if SenorGobot is anywhere in the area then i'll have some banana ready for that tailpipe!

May 9, 2016 at 5:51:00 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

Score updated. i'm not sure what the best strategy would be, trying to get higher scores in the early levels seems logical and easily doable for a while but i usually dick around too long and the speed gets the better of me and i fucker it all up. certainly didn't play this one a s a kid. tetris attack on snes was my shit when it came to puzzlers. but i wanted to update my score before i head over and see what kind of grub Richardhead has in his fridge, and if SenorGobot is anywhere in the area then i'll have some banana ready for that tailpipe!

And I'm not sure why you even talk! So there's that๐Ÿ˜

May 9, 2016 at 5:55:17 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado

Score updated. i'm not sure what the best strategy would be, trying to get higher scores in the early levels seems logical and easily doable for a while but i usually dick around too long and the speed gets the better of me and i fucker it all up. certainly didn't play this one a s a kid. tetris attack on snes was my shit when it came to puzzlers. but i wanted to update my score before i head over and see what kind of grub Richardhead has in his fridge, and if SenorGobot is anywhere in the area then i'll have some banana ready for that tailpipe!

And I'm not sure why you even talk! So there's that๐Ÿ˜

I'm not sure why I do half the things I do, yet here we are.

May 9, 2016 at 6:23:52 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

This game seems all about point racking on the earlier stages and knowing when to get the hell out of Dodge before things get too hectic.

May 9, 2016 at 6:57:32 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Edited: 05/15/2016 at 12:29 PM by Mega Tank