NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Switch Collectors Discussion Thread

LOCKED TOPIC

Dec 22, 2018 at 5:02:43 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Maybe DQ XI will be have english as an option like the Capcom games and you can just buy the import, if no North America release.

Dec 23, 2018 at 8:54:59 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia

-------------------------

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Dec 23, 2018 at 8:59:36 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

On the one hand - shmups on the Switch. Switch #1 Shmup console amen brother. 

On the other - this game doesn't look all that... good. At least from what I've seen. Looks like Baby's First Shooter. 

Anyone played this and able to tell me I'm wrong?

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:03:51 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
I thought it had a pretty good reputation, but I barely pay attention to digital titles

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:08:06 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Like, Nintendo Life says this:

"Danmaku Unlimited 3 is a brilliantly executed best of bullet hell shmup ideas wrapped up into a phenomenal package. It is the very best shmup money can buy in the whole Switch game library (plus it will cost you about half what it should!). Even if you don’t particularity like shmups - or if Japanese bullet hells are not your particular favourite flavour within the genre - exposure to the insane lightshows provided by this game might just turn you into a die-hard fan."

I just can't take their review seriously after reading that line above.

Odds are I'm wrong about my first glance at the game, and it's probably great. I will be happy to be proven wrong on this one. But I'd like to hear from some shmup afficionados.

Edited: 12/23/2018 at 09:09 PM by Gloves

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:14:44 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
I know Dave has it (along with everything else). He's also like me and loves everything though.

Dec 23, 2018 at 11:43:00 PM
sidewinderl (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Missouri

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:49:37 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Sounds like someone trying to get all djent on the soundtrack.  I'm down with that.

Edited: 12/24/2018 at 02:52 AM by Brock Landers

Dec 24, 2018 at 4:27:12 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Gloves

Like, Nintendo Life says this:

"Danmaku Unlimited 3 is a brilliantly executed best of bullet hell shmup ideas wrapped up into a phenomenal package. It is the very best shmup money can buy in the whole Switch game library (plus it will cost you about half what it should!). Even if you don't particularity like shmups - or if Japanese bullet hells are not your particular favourite flavour within the genre - exposure to the insane lightshows provided by this game might just turn you into a die-hard fan."

I just can't take their review seriously after reading that line above.

Odds are I'm wrong about my first glance at the game, and it's probably great. I will be happy to be proven wrong on this one. But I'd like to hear from some shmup afficionados.

Its great, actually played it quite a bit, i dunno about best shrimp in the switch library but i dig it! Looking forward to havin it physically!

Can be played with the Flip Grip so thats a plus!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 12/24/2018 at 04:28 AM by D~Funk

Dec 24, 2018 at 4:32:04 AM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
A ton of games on sale right now in the eshop. I grabbed Lumines for 40% off or so. Good puzzle game to have on Skrinch!

Dec 24, 2018 at 4:35:40 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other
Danmaku Unlimited 3 is wonderful! I've put a lot of time into it myself. I'd be down for a physical!

Dec 24, 2018 at 9:50:49 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Anyone else play LRG's release of Golf Story and experience a bunch of glitches? I have had to restart the game because i got stuck inside an NPC, the one set a drivers doesnt display on the screen just a white square, and ive had the ball land in "water" where no water was present.

Dec 24, 2018 at 1:32:29 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

Anyone else play LRG's release of Golf Story and experience a bunch of glitches? I have had to restart the game because i got stuck inside an NPC, the one set a drivers doesnt display on the screen just a white square, and ive had the ball land in "water" where no water was present.
I played through it and did not.  My ball once get stuck offscreen and basically ruined my round, but I'm not sure if that is a glitch or by design.

edit:  Actually, you're right.  I got screwed by the "water" once or twice as well.

Edited: 12/24/2018 at 01:32 PM by Brock Landers

Dec 25, 2018 at 12:57:36 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

I played through it and did not.  My ball once get stuck offscreen and basically ruined my round, but I'm not sure if that is a glitch or by design.

edit:  Actually, you're right.  I got screwed by the "water" once or twice as well.

Golf Story is generally buggy as hell. I played it shortly after release and had to reset the game due to bugs so many times, sometimes I couldn’t even figure out if what was happening was planned or a bug.

www.videogamesage.com...

Dec 25, 2018 at 6:03:06 PM
CharlieG (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
So far, I've been mostly using these NES Switch Controllers to play the Sega Ages version of Phantasy Star. I'm pretty sure that's a war crime in some jurisdictions.

Dec 26, 2018 at 9:32:37 AM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
Danmaku looks nice but I can't stand bullet hell games in the least bit, but I would watch someone just sail through it for the color explosion fun for free on youtube. I'm fast enough, good reaction time, but my memory is a joke when it comes to keeping up with patterns so games like that I refuse to waste money and temper explosions on too.

Right now I'm working on Diablo III and also doing a slow chipping at Dark Souls and Monster Boy.

I am at a loss though as I've been curious about Golf Story and it's more my fault. I keep reading how great it is, but then half the stuff I read says it's like Mario Golf, and the other says it's more just wordsy and lots of stuff going on but not so much golf which seems to contradict each other. I was going to snap it up thinking it would be like some Gameboy Color Mario Golf clone but I went cold on it. The thing is my only modern systems I play on are Switch and PC and usually the Switch is off the dock too.

Oh and put me in line for an import if there's an engrish option for Dragon Quest if those loafers refuse to release it here. I've done this on a few games now like I Am Setsuna and Capcom Belt Action having bought them out of an east asia region release online just so I could get the physical version of the game. I'm just getting really po'd that Square-Enix is dragging out not talking about the Switch game or an english version as I want to play it badly enough yet I keep skipping those bigger nicer sales for the PC release on Steam and it's annoying me.

Dec 26, 2018 at 9:39:42 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I just want to say that I got Sonic Mania for Christmas and I love it. I'd been disillusioned with Sonic games since they went 3D and never managed to get any of the 2D games that were ever released. That said, I'm loving it! It's not perfect and it's no Sonic III but it's a great ride. Generally, I keep my cover inserts as they are when they are reversible but in this case, I had to make an exception.

I just figured I'd give a shout-out to it. It's not a big blockbuster title and it's been out for a while but, still, it's old 2D Sonic and it's done rather well.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:02:01 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: VmprHntrD

Danmaku looks nice but I can't stand bullet hell games in the least bit, but I would watch someone just sail through it for the color explosion fun for free on youtube. I'm fast enough, good reaction time, but my memory is a joke when it comes to keeping up with patterns so games like that I refuse to waste money and temper explosions on too.

Right now I'm working on Diablo III and also doing a slow chipping at Dark Souls and Monster Boy.

I am at a loss though as I've been curious about Golf Story and it's more my fault. I keep reading how great it is, but then half the stuff I read says it's like Mario Golf, and the other says it's more just wordsy and lots of stuff going on but not so much golf which seems to contradict each other. I was going to snap it up thinking it would be like some Gameboy Color Mario Golf clone but I went cold on it. The thing is my only modern systems I play on are Switch and PC and usually the Switch is off the dock too.

Oh and put me in line for an import if there's an engrish option for Dragon Quest if those loafers refuse to release it here. I've done this on a few games now like I Am Setsuna and Capcom Belt Action having bought them out of an east asia region release online just so I could get the physical version of the game. I'm just getting really po'd that Square-Enix is dragging out not talking about the Switch game or an english version as I want to play it badly enough yet I keep skipping those bigger nicer sales for the PC release on Steam and it's annoying me.

You are seriously missing out on Golf Story by staying on the fence about it. The chances of not enjoying it regardless of which review you’re envisioning in your mind is about 3%. Biggest bang for the buck on the Switch imo. 

www.videogamesage.com...

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:04:51 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: CharlieG

So far, I've been mostly using these NES Switch Controllers to play the Sega Ages version of Phantasy Star. I'm pretty sure that's a war crime in some jurisdictions.

Yeah, that’s almost as bad as the time I saw a friend of mine mixing Coca-Cola and Pepsi in a Big Gulp at a 7-Eleven. I tried to warn him that doing crazy shit like that would make him sick, but he didn’t listen. He collapsed dead to the floor after 2 sips, before he ever even paid for it.

www.videogamesage.com...

Dec 26, 2018 at 2:12:25 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I received Starlink for Christmas and WOW did Ubisoft pretty much rip straight from No Man's Sky(NMS). Im like one of the 5 people who actually enjoyed NMS when it was released and put about 140hrs into it since and if you took NMS and threw a more concrete story in with Starfox, you get Starlink.

Dec 27, 2018 at 11:46:44 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Started to organize my entire game room recently and first time organzing the Switch collection on the first shelf. Still got a long way to go with so many collector's editions that I need to figure out how to display, but finally got all the games organized A - Z at least with the Super Rare Games separate since they have a number on them! Working on top row right now for some collector's editions that will go there. Bottom right was not able to fit anything there, so just decided to keep some NFRs there.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:45:30 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Sweet collection Skorp! Looking Good!

Dec 29, 2018 at 7:28:23 AM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Finally popped in Dead Cells. This game is hard. I can speed to the second boss but can't beat him.

Dec 29, 2018 at 2:07:10 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Hi all, due to the awesome popularity of this thread we will be moving it to a "part 2". I will link to this thread in that one, and will keep all the data from the first post (and finally update it). Thanks!

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:28:09 PM
Gutling (133)

< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Been working on making it all fit

Edited: 12/29/2018 at 03:34 PM by Gutling