Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

2018-2019 NFL season

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:12:48 AM
Strikezone1 (1)
(Steve ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
It's always fun when you start off the fantasy season playing against a team who had 2 guys combine for 80 pts (Brees & Kamara (PPR)). Good times.

Best start for the Cleveland Browns since 2004! lol

Go Pack Go!

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:26:15 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Strikezone1

It's always fun when you start off the fantasy season playing against a team who had 2 guys combine for 80 pts (Brees & Kamara (PPR)). Good times.

Best start for the Cleveland Browns since 2004! lol

Go Pack Go!
I had the Mahomes and Hill connection on my team but had Mahomes on the bench.  I think they were around 85 points combined too.  Several players went off this week, but some studs also under performed. 

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:40:00 AM
Strikezone1 (1)
Michigan
Originally posted by: jonebone

I had the Mahomes and Hill connection on my team but had Mahomes on the bench.  I think they were around 85 points combined too.  Several players went off this week, but some studs also under performed. 

Always tough (but still good) when someone on your bench goes off. But it's near impossible to foresee Mahomes blow up like he did yesterday, and start him over whoever QB you drafted first. He's looking like that great late round pick. Tyreek alone should be enough to carry his team to a week 1 W.

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:41:59 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Only the Browns can end a listing steak without winning. Hoping we can close the deal next week and finally get another win

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Sep 10, 2018 at 2:03:31 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Originally posted by: TheFinder

My Bears just gave away that game. Thought they could pull it off, but nope, they had to blow it. Getting sick of Michaels and Collinsworth acting like this is the most amazing thing ever, too. The Bears were major underdogs, and they almost pulled off the upset. But no, according to the announcers, this is comparable to Willis Reed returning for the NBA FINALS! This is week 1 for a team that's supposed to push for a Super Bowl vs a team that's supposed to be 8-8 at best. Gah! So frustrating!
You kidding me?  That was an absolute AMAZING comeback by Rodgers on 1 leg!  Bears were underdogs?  Sure, but week 1 means nothing with lines and as you saw in the beginning the Bears are CRAZY IMPROVED - especially on defense.  You gotta give credit where credit is due, that was a legendary comeback, period.

It was an incredible comeback, and Rodgers is a phenomenal QB. Heck, I wish the Bears had taken him that draft instead of Cedric Benson (wonderful foresight, that).

The point was that the Bears gave that game away, though Rodgers certainly made some plays. Nevertheless, a week 1 win is not comparable to coming back from injury to win a championship, which is what Collinsworth and Michaels were comparing it to.

As for the lines, if the Packers had blown out the Bears, no one would’ve been surprised. The fact that the Bears were in a position to win with barely over two minutes left to play is a big deal.

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 10, 2018 at 2:29:04 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

My Bears just gave away that game. Thought they could pull it off, but nope, they had to blow it. Getting sick of Michaels and Collinsworth acting like this is the most amazing thing ever, too. The Bears were major underdogs, and they almost pulled off the upset. But no, according to the announcers, this is comparable to Willis Reed returning for the NBA FINALS! This is week 1 for a team that's supposed to push for a Super Bowl vs a team that's supposed to be 8-8 at best. Gah! So frustrating!
You kidding me?  That was an absolute AMAZING comeback by Rodgers on 1 leg!  Bears were underdogs?  Sure, but week 1 means nothing with lines and as you saw in the beginning the Bears are CRAZY IMPROVED - especially on defense.  You gotta give credit where credit is due, that was a legendary comeback, period.

It was an incredible comeback, and Rodgers is a phenomenal QB. Heck, I wish the Bears had taken him that draft instead of Cedric Benson (wonderful foresight, that).

The point was that the Bears gave that game away, though Rodgers certainly made some plays. Nevertheless, a week 1 win is not comparable to coming back from injury to win a championship, which is what Collinsworth and Michaels were comparing it to.

As for the lines, if the Packers had blown out the Bears, no one would’ve been surprised. The fact that the Bears were in a position to win with barely over two minutes left to play is a big deal.

Fair enough  .  To be honest, the Bears feel to be legit now and the sky is the limit with so many young playmakers.  That D-Line is straight scary.

Between the Bears and the Vikings defenses, this is going to be a long year for my beloved Pack.

Sep 10, 2018 at 2:42:53 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois

Fair enough  .  To be honest, the Bears feel to be legit now and the sky is the limit with so many young playmakers.  That D-Line is straight scary.

Between the Bears and the Vikings defenses, this is going to be a long year for my beloved Pack.

Seriously. At least you have Rodgers slinging it around back there. The jury is still out on Trubisky. I have hope that he will develop, but he’s still got a ways to grow, and two games against the Vikings aren’t going to make that easier.

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:23:36 PM
ForDarkseid (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Originally posted by: Trevor

Feels good to be watching football all day again. Browns ended the losing streak! Unfortunately for them the winless streak continues.

It must suck to be a Steelers fan today.

Oh you better believe it. Also right after halftime my power went out so I had to finish the game at a friend's house. Power didn't come back on until noon today so I couldnt watch any other games to get my mind off of it haha. It was just horrible. We gave the browns the game on a silver platter and they couldn't win. I would rather a loss than a tie to be honest because at least I'd get to see the browns fans really happy. A tie just feels like a waste of time.

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:47:56 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: ForDarkseid

Feels good to be watching football all day again. Browns ended the losing streak! Unfortunately for them the winless streak continues.

Oh you better believe it. Also right after halftime my power went out so I had to finish the game at a friend's house. Power didn't come back on until noon today so I couldnt watch any other games to get my mind off of it haha. It was just horrible. We gave the browns the game on a silver platter and they couldn't win. I would rather a loss than a tie to be honest because at least I'd get to see the browns fans really happy. A tie just feels like a waste of time.

They need to do away with ties. They get 5 weeks in the preseason now, but they can't play until a team wins? Field Goal show down or something, make a kicker be worth more. Sheesh.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:53:47 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
The Lions will be a disappointment, yet again.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:04:19 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Damn that reciever from the lions put the bang on johnson after that int

www.videogamesage.com...

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:20:37 PM
ForDarkseid (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: ForDarkseid

They need to do away with ties. They get 5 weeks in the preseason now, but they can't play until a team wins? Field Goal show down or something, make a kicker be worth more. Sheesh.

I've always preferred the NFL's way of doing overtime over college but if it means getting rid of ties, bring in the ncaa way of doing it. It's the only game out of hockey, baseball and basketball to keep it and it's stupid. Once again, I'd rather have a loss.

I remember years ago Donovan McNabb didn't even think they still had ties when the Eagles tied Bengals (who have 3 under Marvin Lewis. Pretty much sums up his career in Cincinatti)

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:35:54 PM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
The Jets actually look good. I'm shocked.

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:50:48 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
How bout dem jets

www.videogamesage.com...

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:11:16 AM
Strikezone1 (1)
Michigan
SOL - same ole Lions. The Detroit Lions franchise is a complete and utter embarrassment. They're comical to watch.

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:30:20 PM
GhostOfSparta (123)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: americasteam7

Well. I have given up. Dak Prescott is not a franchise quarterback. I've figure it out. He is really good if he has a top 3 offensive line. Like in 2016. Fantastic year for him. But if his offensive line is middle of the pack like ours is right now, he is TERRIBLE. If you cannot play well in this league with a mediocre offensive line, you are not a franchise quarterback. I am now looking forward to the search for the next starting QB in Dallas next year. 6-10.

To be fair your receivers are garbage. Who's the number one, is it Allen Hurns? Gallup looks good but hes too raw to be a #1 yet. Plus you take away the security blanket of Whiten and what do you expect. Stack 8 in the box to stop Zeke and make the Cowboys beat you in the air. Gotta gameplan better next week.

dak had everyone last year and he was still bad. So inconsistent. He just holds onto the ball too long and doesnt throw anyone open. He waits for open players. Hes just not that special. We forced our special qb to retire before he had a chance to play with the team they built around him. Gave it to dak who wasted it and its just getting worse. No excuse for scott linehan only getting zeke 15 carries in a one score game for 90 percent of the game. Build the offense around zeke. Get him the ball in space. My god its frustrating.

Remember when you thought Dak was god hahaha. He's not inconsistent hes garbage lol. 

My FS Thread

My WTB Thread

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:26:38 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: GhostOfSparta

Well. I have given up. Dak Prescott is not a franchise quarterback. I've figure it out. He is really good if he has a top 3 offensive line. Like in 2016. Fantastic year for him. But if his offensive line is middle of the pack like ours is right now, he is TERRIBLE. If you cannot play well in this league with a mediocre offensive line, you are not a franchise quarterback. I am now looking forward to the search for the next starting QB in Dallas next year. 6-10.

To be fair your receivers are garbage. Who's the number one, is it Allen Hurns? Gallup looks good but hes too raw to be a #1 yet. Plus you take away the security blanket of Whiten and what do you expect. Stack 8 in the box to stop Zeke and make the Cowboys beat you in the air. Gotta gameplan better next week.

dak had everyone last year and he was still bad. So inconsistent. He just holds onto the ball too long and doesnt throw anyone open. He waits for open players. Hes just not that special. We forced our special qb to retire before he had a chance to play with the team they built around him. Gave it to dak who wasted it and its just getting worse. No excuse for scott linehan only getting zeke 15 carries in a one score game for 90 percent of the game. Build the offense around zeke. Get him the ball in space. My god its frustrating.

Remember when you thought Dak was god hahaha. He's not inconsistent hes garbage lol. 

? When have I ever said Dak was god? I have been anti dak decision since day 1. Ive said I am rooting for him to succeed. Ive probably talked about being impressed with him on a few occassions,  but I think you have me confused with someone else. Ive never thought dak was great

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 09/11/2018 at 05:28 PM by quest4nes

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:30:53 PM
GhostOfSparta (123)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana

? When have I ever said Dak was god? I have been anti dak decision since day 1. Ive said I am rooting for him to succeed. Ive probably talked about being impressed with him on a few occassions,  but I think you have me confused with someone else. Ive never thought dak was great

lol you are crazy man. 

My FS Thread

My WTB Thread

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:51:19 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

lol you are crazy man. 
IIRC he was a mega Romo supporter and was not happy when Dak took over.  I even argued with him that Dak was better a year or two ago and he 1000% disagreed.  I still think Dak gives them a better chance to win, but no idea what happened to them on Sunday...

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:05:51 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Yeah quest is crazy with some of his viewpoints but he was 100% on the Romo train and never a Dak supporter. I'll give him that.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:34:32 AM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado

Yeah quest is crazy with some of his viewpoints but he was 100% on the Romo train and never a Dak supporter. I'll give him that.

Romo was getting hurt every year and was on his last leg going into 2016 anyway. It's a huge stretch to think Romo would still be playing today if he took the team back in 2016.

I won't buy into Quest and his revisionist history that Romo was ever a great quarterback because he simply never was and never showed any signs that he was. Romo was just a talented QB that would excite you but he isn't the guy you want to carry a franchise like a Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. Not saying you can't win with him but you need to build a team around Romo to win like in 2014 when we became a run first team. I'm not convinced that the 2016 outcome would have been any different because Dak played about the perfect game in that playoff game and it wasn't enough because Rodgers lit our defense up too hard in the 1st half and had a God tier pass to Jared cook to win the game at the end. Same deal as 2014. Sure the catch no catch was a thing but Rodgers still had 5 minutes to respond against our mediocre defense. Same outcome.

Romo was more in the air of a Matthew Stafford, who I think is a good QB despite this recent Jets game.

So in the end the Dak vs Romo debate doesn't really matter because the Dallas Cowboys wouldn't have made the NFC championship game with either QB because the rest of the team was mediocre. The real problem with the Dallas Cowboys is Jerry Jones and his puppet coach the clapper that ensures that the Dallas Cowboys have a decent team but not a great team. If we had a top 10 defense in any of the last 5-10 seasons the Cowboys would have made an appearance in the NFC championship game.

Now we have a top 10 defense when the offense has fallen off the cliff. Oh the irony. So we won't ever have a great team under Garrett. And if Jerry Jones replaces Garrett with another scrub the cycle continues.

Sep 13, 2018 at 7:52:51 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
If you couldnt tell the difference between the last 2-3 years of tony and the previous portion of his career then i cant trust your dallas opinion. Tony wasnt on some last leg. He retired because he wanted to start for dallas or not play. Give tony this defense we win it all. Even with no receivers. He made even miles austin somebody. Witten also doesnt retire out of the blue. Tony had a good 2-3 years left. And he was playing his best ball. His last injury was isolated and doctors said it wouldnt inhibit him in amy way once healed. Jerry jones was simply too spineless to switch back qbs. Dak has turned back into a pumpkin just like i thought he would.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:33:45 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Here I was hoping we'd have a fantasy league!  

My Wants! | Add me on Switch: SW-3356-2808-2889
 ​

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:36:30 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
we do, you're a bit late

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 09/13/2018 at 01:36 PM by quest4nes

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:54:08 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado

If you couldnt tell the difference between the last 2-3 years of tony and the previous portion of his career then i cant trust your dallas opinion. Tony wasnt on some last leg. He retired because he wanted to start for dallas or not play. Give tony this defense we win it all. Even with no receivers. He made even miles austin somebody. Witten also doesnt retire out of the blue. Tony had a good 2-3 years left. And he was playing his best ball. His last injury was isolated and doctors said it wouldnt inhibit him in amy way once healed. Jerry jones was simply too spineless to switch back qbs. Dak has turned back into a pumpkin just like i thought he would.

And once again you are sucking on the crack pipe.

There were multiple teams ready to sign Romo in 2017 when he was to hit FA. He would have made more money in 2017 than he is making annually at CBS. The chance to compete for a super bowl one more time, that is tough for a guy like Romo to pass up. But he knew it would be a huge risk to play because he would likely be injured again and it wouldn't be worth it. So he took the booth job and made the right call. 2-3 years is unicorn stuff. He had 1 year at most and even then he didn't risk it.

Point being, it doesn't matter that we started Prescott over Romo in 2016. Either pick we don't come away with the hardware. We needed a good defense in 2014 or 2016 and never got one when we needed it. That is the more important factor.