Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Stadium Events NTSC

Aug 10, 2007 at 12:39:21 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I don't know about any of you, but i smell something fishy.

-------------------------
Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:28:16 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

I bid early as a place holder so people know I am interested in it. Then I usually won't bid again till near the end.

That's what I usually do to, but all bets are off when an item like this shows up.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:32:07 AM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
About time another one showed up! It looks legit to me, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be. My guess for this one is $1150.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:06:01 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: burnambill333

About time another one showed up! It looks legit to me, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be. My guess for this one is $1150.

yeah I like ngd's guess for this one too - everything else has been hitting new highs, I'm sure SE will too

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:14:01 AM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
Originally posted by: antofarabia

Does no one else find it strange that the receipt is from Montreal, Quebec and the guy lives in Marietta, Georgia?  I wouldn't find it so odd if the time frame was longer...but come on.

I'm sensing some mischief here.

Not one of you find this strange?  A Canada receipt and the guy lives in Georgia?  And does anyone else find it strange that he will not accept any other form of payment except Paypal....even if you pick it up in person?

They call me big Papa ....

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:14:08 AM
langenfeld (279)
(Michael Langenfeld) < El Ripper >
Alabama
I'm going to go ahead and place my bet on 1500+. Sounds crazy, but remember that thread that was something like "whose got it and how much". well, I listed my Stadium Events for 2000 and got 3 offers close to that from reputable NA members!

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:16:28 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Im putting in my guess at $1350,with a F2 selling for $345 you never know.

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:22:17 AM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
maybe he was in canada on vacation and found it. Makes a lot of sense really. Someone in CANADA sells it in a game store for nothing. Could possibly happen. Just send him an email and ask em about it. Looks real to me, although i did honestly find it strange that he needs to be paid in paypal only, but pickup is ok??? Now wouldnt paypal take one huge juicy bite out of $1,000 lol??? Whenever he could just get it in person.

Either way glad i got this one outta the way as well. And it was from a year ago and my parents paid $900.00 for it. So i wouldnt be surprised for this one to break that mark. wheww madness
-mark

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:40:58 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
Wisconsin
Damn your parents bought you a $900 video game that is sweet!!!

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:54:20 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Cripes almighty you know he got this for like $1.99 CDN or something silly like that. Goes to show, the "wild" is not a myth, it still exists...

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:57:50 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I think this is legit also. Just ask him for more pics with your s/n name and the date on it if you are concerned before bidding. He shouldn't have a problem doing it for you I am sure.

The seller is about 2.5 hours away from me, so for a healthy fee I could go pick it up for someone
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:17:02 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Yeah, I just noticed his location as well...only about 2 hours from me. If I should somehow find a way to bid on this and win it, I may end up arranging local pickup...although Express Mail sounds interesting enough.

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:35:04 AM
bradley2679 (23)
(Brad Denney) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Just talked to the seller. He said he would reveal his receipt after the auction and will do it on this website.

Thanks

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:52:05 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
Wisconsin
I bet he paid $2.99 for it any other guesses?

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:53:05 AM
Beaks (5)
< Tourian Tourist >
Ontario
I've got a question/comment that has been bothering me for a long while. And since it was brought up here, it seems like the perfect place and time.

Why is it that when something rare comes up everybody scrambles to put early bids? This is only driving the price up and emptying most of our pockets needlessly. Why not leave it bid-less and have a sniper war at the last few minutes. This would increase the chances of winning things at reasonable prices. It is us, the collectors, that are hurting each other (financially) by driving these prices up. If no-one had bid yet the SE might still be at a few bucks, and we could leave it as "may the best sniper win". I understand putting a bid to announce your intentions, but can't we do that here at NA. I already know through here that people have intentions of bidding without even looking at the auction. And if didn't win with a snipe, then maybe someone else from here could win with a higher snipe, and probably at alot less than it's at now. By driving the price up like this, we are just sending a message to those dirty re-sellers who see what collectors are willing to pay for this stuff, pay even more, and then re-sell at huge mark-up, knowing that some hard-core collector will eventually fold and pay their price, making it impossible for some of us to ever win anything rare.

My whole point is if we all agree on a truce (by not putting early bids) and let it be "may the best sniper win", then we can start getting rares at a reasonable price. If we all backed off bidding and the people who are clueless to this theory bid, this game would still be alot cheaper right now, then we knock off the clueless in the final moments with a snipe and get the game alot cheaper. Are we not all friends here, let's stop emptying each others pockets and work together.

Comments?

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:53:12 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I'm going to guess $.99

Aug 10, 2007 at 12:02:40 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Great idea in principal but impossible to but into actually use. Each person uses a different bid strategy on ebay that suits their personality and that can't be fundamentally changed very easily. Plus this thing would go for over a grand whether anyone on NA bid it up or not. There are a TON of other gaming forums and this type of items rarely if ever goes under the radar.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 10, 2007 at 12:53:49 PM
burnambill333 (0)
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Well, chances are somebody on this board is going to win it. And since all the guesses for it's final value have been around $1200 or higher, then it's probably going to go for more than that. But who knows, really. It'll be VERY interesting to watch.

-Nick

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:13:23 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Beaks

...then we knock off the clueless in the final moments with a snipe and get the game alot cheaper. Are we not all friends here, let's stop emptying each others pockets and work together.

Comments?

I agree with ngd - never work on something this rare. If you're calling a truce on a gun nac or something that's one thing but on SE forget it. Too many random people will be interested for a truce to work. And besides even in this group I bet there would be backstabbing. Seriously.

I don't understand the people that bid early either mind you.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 08/10/2007 at 01:14 PM by Bronty

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:19:27 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Beaks

I've got a question/comment that has been bothering me for a long while. And since it was brought up here, it seems like the perfect place and time.

Why is it that when something rare comes up everybody scrambles to put early bids? This is only driving the price up and emptying most of our pockets needlessly. Why not leave it bid-less and have a sniper war at the last few minutes. This would increase the chances of winning things at reasonable prices. It is us, the collectors, that are hurting each other (financially) by driving these prices up. If no-one had bid yet the SE might still be at a few bucks, and we could leave it as "may the best sniper win". I understand putting a bid to announce your intentions, but can't we do that here at NA. I already know through here that people have intentions of bidding without even looking at the auction. And if didn't win with a snipe, then maybe someone else from here could win with a higher snipe, and probably at alot less than it's at now. By driving the price up like this, we are just sending a message to those dirty re-sellers who see what collectors are willing to pay for this stuff, pay even more, and then re-sell at huge mark-up, knowing that some hard-core collector will eventually fold and pay their price, making it impossible for some of us to ever win anything rare.

My whole point is if we all agree on a truce (by not putting early bids) and let it be "may the best sniper win", then we can start getting rares at a reasonable price. If we all backed off bidding and the people who are clueless to this theory bid, this game would still be alot cheaper right now, then we knock off the clueless in the final moments with a snipe and get the game alot cheaper. Are we not all friends here, let's stop emptying each others pockets and work together.

Comments?

The problem is, not only would a "truce" of this size be impossible to organize (especially since not *all* NES collectors are members here at NA) but an item like this is going to command a certain premium whether the bidding is early, late, or somewhere in between. SE is a thousand dollar game now, and holding off all of our bids to the last second is definitely not going to change that.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Edited: 08/10/2007 at 01:20 PM by Dr. Morbis

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:28:39 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Dain

I'm going to guess $.99

the price is right bitch! (happy gilmore)

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:33:21 PM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
Actually judging based on who he picked this up from...I'm guessing he paid around $15 for it...which is still a steal.

They call me big Papa ....

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:44:51 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
$15 is less than the ebay fees will be, look at it that way

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:48:20 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
OK based on the 'doomsday' scenarios of 1150-2000 we are all throwing out for cart guesses, let's play more more guessing games.... (hey, its free, plus you can't be wrong )

SE box - based on the apparently rabid interest for this cart, I can only imagine the bitchslapping that would happen for a box given a lot more people need the box than the cart. Sounds like hounder had people lined up to pay four figures for a box he never even showed, for example. Guesses? Assume nice condition but not perfect.

6 in 1 complete nice condition with matching #s if on ebay right now - guesses?

f2 complete nice condition and with inserts if on ebay right now - guesses?

..and just for shits and giggles, value of a loose SE in 2015? (this one will be fun to look back on, if any of us remembers, which I doubt, to see how wrong we were, low or high).

Edited: 08/10/2007 at 01:52 PM by Bronty

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:04:40 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I'd say the box would sell for 1.5 times the cost of the cart, so perhaps $1,500-ish. Myriad, it's hard to say... maybe $2,200-$2,500. Personally, I think it would be worth more, but realistically, I doubt it would fetch much more than that. There's something about it being unlicensed that causes people to perceive that it's less valuable than SE (which I think is BS).

F2, CIB, I'd say $550.