Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zombies ate my Neighbours Sealed Alternate Box Art

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:37:39 PM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
Originally posted by: buyatari2

That is bullshit as well. 

I guess so long as no one here is burned do whatever you want. Problem is these games don't go away. We are shitting in our own pool and someone some where down the line will get burned with these very same games. When they trade hands two or three times and up buried in an untested as is lot on eBay we will see what people have to say then. The lot auction clearly stated as is untested no returns right?

Exactly. Although... if there's no definite proof that it's a reseal, we can't demonize the seller. He's been as honest as he can. On the other hand, that F2 should be destroyed (at least the label).

-------------------------

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:19:57 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: buttheadrulesagain

I guess so long as no one here is burned do whatever you want. Problem is these games don't go away. We are shitting in our own pool and someone some where down the line will get burned with these very same games. When they trade hands two or three times and up buried in an untested as is lot on eBay we will see what people have to say then. The lot auction clearly stated as is untested no returns right?

Exactly. Although... if there's no definite proof that it's a reseal, we can't demonize the seller. He's been as honest as he can. On the other hand, that F2 should be destroyed (at least the label).

I am so effing tired of explaining this.   Not directed at you or Jone in particular but my god snes seals are the most consistent thing and thus the easiest to predict in the fricking world.    

1.  ANY licensed made in mexico or made in japan game has the vertical seam, period, or its not legit.

2.   any assembled in mexico / ie majesco rerelease must have a NON-h seam, of which there are several varieties.

3.   Super Noah's ark being unlicensed has no h-seam.

4.    Frogger, having been a release by majesco directly, has a different seam, similar to other majesco games (see #2).

That's it.   Everything you need to know about the way the entire fucking library is sealed in 4 lines.    

The box presented here is made in mexico.  By definition it MUST have the h-seam.   THEREFORE THIS IS GAME IS A RESEAL THERE IS NO EFFING QUESTION.    ANYBODY THAT KNOWS SNES FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND WOULD REALIZE THIS. 

THERE IS NO CHANCE VGA WILL GRADE THIS.     When they find themselves a little unsure, you know who they consult?  Myself, and bucky.   Since neither bucky nor I are retarded, anybody that submits this to VGA will get it shipped right back them.

GIVEN THIS NEW INFORMATION, IF THE SELLER IS HONORABLE HE WILL DESTROY THE WRAP AND LET THE BUYER BACK OUT.   THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT THIS IS FAKE AND IF THE SELLER WAS UNSURE, THERE IS NO LONGER ANY NEED TO BE UNSURE.    IF THE SELLER DOES NOT DESTROY THE SEAL THEN WE WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HIS INTENT WAS ALL ALONG.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 10/22/2012 at 11:21 PM by Bronty

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:41:06 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Bronty

THERE IS NO CHANCE VGA WILL GRADE THIS.     When they find themselves a little unsure, you know who they consult?  Myself, and bucky.   Since neither bucky nor I are retarded, anybody that submits this to VGA will get it shipped right back them.

This is interesting. I hope you guys get paid a consultation fee!

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:32:23 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

I am so effing tired of explaining this.   Not directed at you or Jone in particular but my god snes seals are the most consistent thing and thus the easiest to predict in the fricking world.    

1.  ANY licensed made in mexico or made in japan game has the vertical seam, period, or its not legit.

2.   any assembled in mexico / ie majesco rerelease must have a NON-h seam, of which there are several varieties.

4.    Frogger, having been a release by majesco directly, has a different seam, similar to other majesco games (see #2).

That's it.   Everything you need to know about the way the entire fucking library is sealed in 4 lines.

So we don't know the history or origins of this game (promo, legit release, reprint, etc.), yet we are 100% certain that it only came H-seam sealed? 

Also, it's important to note that Frogger was the last SNES game released in North America, 1998.  N64 came out in 1996.  It is proven that there are N64 seals all over the place, I probably have at least 6 different kinds at this point.  Due to the overlap, I don't think it's that hard to envision a scenario where some late SNES games may have had odd seals. 

Obviously I agree VGA would err on the side of caution and render a "undetermined" grade.  It's all they can do, since it covers their ass.  I still think it's a reseal, just can't prove it.  I want to see some wear under the wrap, lack of ventholes or something that 100% confirms it beside the seal variation.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 10/23/2012 at 07:36 AM by jonebone

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:58:28 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

So we don't know the history or origins of this game (promo, legit release, reprint, etc.), yet we are 100% certain that it only came H-seam sealed? 

Also, it's important to note that Frogger was the last SNES game released in North America, 1998.  N64 came out in 1996.  It is proven that there are N64 seals all over the place, I probably have at least 6 different kinds at this point.  Due to the overlap, I don't think it's that hard to envision a scenario where some late SNES games may have had odd seals. 

Obviously I agree VGA would err on the side of caution and render a "undetermined" grade.  It's all they can do, since it covers their ass.  I still think it's a reseal, just can't prove it.  I want to see some wear under the wrap, lack of ventholes or something that 100% confirms it beside the seal variation.

No offense man but didn't you just get burned buying a sealed Megaman? You even sent it to VGA after you had it in your hands. It had these same issues you asked about and you still sent it off for grading. If it takes VGA to say it is a reseal for you to believe then fine you can say that you don't know for sure. Some of us have been collecting a long time and have seen dozens of reseals in our hands over the years so we know for sure. This one is a reseal. Not even close.

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:10:08 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

No offense man but didn't you just get burned buying a sealed Megaman? You even sent it to VGA after you had it in your hands. It had these same issues you asked about and you still sent it off for grading. If it takes VGA to say it is a reseal for you to believe then fine you can say that you don't know for sure. Some of us have been collecting a long time and have seen dozens of reseals in our hands over the years so we know for sure. This one is a reseal. Not even close.

Time flies bud.  That was about 15 months ago, and Mega man was the first sealed game I had ever submitted to VGA.  It was an excellent learning experience and yes that was a clear as day reseal in hand.  Marker touch ups under the wrap, cellophane was off, seams were ugly, etc.  Touching reseals in hand is a far better learning experience than seeing photos and listening to other people.  Same concept as give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime. 

And funny you are giving anyone a VGA lecture, all you did was submit some 85 NES stuff and try to cash in on the NES hype.  You hardly have any VGA experience yourself, yet you're a certified expert!

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:24:51 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Time flies bud.  That was about 15 months ago, and Mega man was the first sealed game I had ever submitted to VGA.  It was an excellent learning experience and yes that was a clear as day reseal in hand.  Marker touch ups under the wrap, cellophane was off, seams were ugly, etc.  Touching reseals in hand is a far better learning experience than seeing photos and listening to other people.  Same concept as give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime. 

And funny you are giving anyone a VGA lecture, all you did was submit some 85 NES stuff and try to cash in on the NES hype.  You hardly have any VGA experience yourself, yet you're a certified expert!

If you have a game in your hands with magic marker touch up and can't tell its a fake then it doesn't surprise me that with just pics over the net that you can't tell the difference. Not your fault really as you have had 1 resealed game in your hands and I've had dozens. Bronty? Who knows? a hundred?

VGA isn't the end all be all. When they don't know the answer they go to long time sealed collectors for the answer. I don't need VGA experience to know this a reseal. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:39:55 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
I obviously noticed the marker touchups once I looked closely... but when you're new / naive / excited about a find, you gloss over those things. That was the best $70 I ever spent, just getting a reseal rejected by VGA.

I just know that I've seen a seal similar to this on N64. I'll have to go through my games and look. That's why I mentioned that games late in the SNES lifespan may possibly have strange seal variations. I can't prove either way, but I think it adds more to the discuss than "No, because I said so."

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:37:26 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Jone, you should just stick to what you know instead of muddying the waters.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:46:20 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

I obviously noticed the marker touchups once I looked closely... but when you're new / naive / excited about a find, you gloss over those things. That was the best $70 I ever spent, just getting a reseal rejected by VGA.

I just know that I've seen a seal similar to this on N64. I'll have to go through my games and look. That's why I mentioned that games late in the SNES lifespan may possibly have strange seal variations. I can't prove either way, but I think it adds more to the discuss than "No, because I said so."

Jone,

Here is what you do know. You have all the top sealed game collectors saying this is a fake. Not maybe a fake they all are saying this is 100% a fake. So if this was your game what would you do ?

A) Sell it as fast as possible.
B) Find out for sure if it was real or not before you sold it for over a grand.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:58:05 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Well I wouldn't have bought it in the first place, unless it was at a CIB price. That was the initial mistake here. You don't pay a sealed premium for a questionable seal that you've never seen before. But paying a Mint CIB price, sure, I'd roll those dice and assume the contents were legit. On this one, all of the value is in the box... manual / cart are generic swaps anyway.

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:10:56 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Well I wouldn't have bought it in the first place, unless it was at a CIB price. That was the initial mistake here. You don't pay a sealed premium for a questionable seal that you've never seen before. But paying a Mint CIB price, sure, I'd roll those dice and assume the contents were legit. On this one, all of the value is in the box... manual / cart are generic swaps anyway.

Man answer the question.

It doesn't matter what you paid or how you got it. If you owned a game (any game) that had real value ($1000 or more) if factory sealed but all the long time sealed collectors said it was fake would you sell as soon as you could or find out for sure.

What kind of place is this? Do the right thing or buyer beware?

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:14:30 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

Man answer the question.

It doesn't matter what you paid or how you got it. If you owned a game (any game) that had real value ($1000 or more) if factory sealed but all the long time sealed collectors said it was fake would you sell as soon as you could or find out for sure.

I would keep it as is in that case if cost is not a concern.  Remember there's some people here who actually collect (I know, hard to believe it!) instead of just buying to resell.  I resell dupes but usually I'm buying for keeps.

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:16:57 PM
USFLegend (63)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida

Man answer the question.

I personally would send a lot of close of pictures to rarebucky if I had any real question about it. In this case I could tell from the start in my opinion it was fake. I really do not agree with someone selling a game in this manner. If the seller was unsure in the first place I have to agree and say he should of asked the community first. Once we proved it to be fake, the seller should have done one of two things:
1. Sent it in to VGA to get the final opinion
2. Took of the plastic, checked contents, and sold as used.

These things should really not happen as they are really trying to cut their losses on another buyer and that is not right. I really have to agree with buyatari2 on this entire topic. Things like this and repro labels for the f2 and other games should be frowned upon.

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:05:24 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Man answer the question.

I would keep it as is in that case if cost is not a concern.  Remember there's some people here who actually collect (I know, hard to believe it!) instead of just buying to resell.  I resell dupes but usually I'm buying for keeps.

You want to jump into the middle of a discussion of seller ethics and then refuse to answer a point blank question on if you would do the same thing if you were the seller.

If you have something (anything really) perhaps something for a system you don't collect and all of biggest long time collectors of that type of item all say it is fake. Imagine you have no desire to keep this item. It could be worth lots of cash if it real and if you list it with the I dunno excuse there is a chance it will sell. 

Do you sell it quickly and get what you can while you can or do you wait until you know for sure if it is real?

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:36:28 PM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Someone did something similar with a DarkStalkers on their ebay account a while back. I think the verbage was "this may be a vintage reseal" in the auction description.

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Edited: 10/23/2012 at 01:37 PM by wrk

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:46:43 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

You want to jump into the middle of a discussion of seller ethics and then refuse to answer a point blank question on if you would do the same thing if you were the seller.

If you have something (anything really) perhaps something for a system you don't collect and all of biggest long time collectors of that type of item all say it is fake. Imagine you have no desire to keep this item. It could be worth lots of cash if it real and if you list it with the I dunno excuse there is a chance it will sell. 

Do you sell it quickly and get what you can while you can or do you wait until you know for sure if it is real?

Well to be honest, I've been in a conversation about this being a reseal, and haven't said a word about the seller ethics.  I'm not offended by the manner in which he sold the item, it's always buyer beware. 

I would have preferred to see a true auction so it would take two buyers to determine value rather than an overpriced BIN, but what can do you.  As long as there are disclaimers posted in the auction that are clearly visible, leave him be.

It'd be different if it was listed as Factory Sealed without any hint of a reseal possibility. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:53:33 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

I would have preferred to see a true auction so it would take two buyers to determine value rather than an overpriced BIN, but what can do you.  As long as there are disclaimers posted in the auction that are clearly visible, leave him be.

That's BS.   Sure, he made some disclosures and maybe he was genuinely unsure at the time of the listing as to the item's validity.    But there's no reason for him to be unsure any longer, so he can't use the "maybe its real" defence when its clearly not.

Btw, you still haven't answered adam's question

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:01:36 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Well I think he posted it on SGH too but I can't find the thread now. Comments there were indicating that people thought it was legit... though it was mostly newer collectors (I.e. not bucky). I think the pitchforks are a little premature when the seller is obviously not a sealed guru.

And no one has answered my questions either, other than "Obvious reseal". Yeah the seam is wrong, but is anyone seeing wear under the wrap? Top right front corner maybe? I would just like confirmation on wear under the plastic as the "smoking gun". The seam isn't doing it for me.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:03:04 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Jone what more do want, a fricking signed letter from Miyamoto? GTF out of here! Your muddying the waters is selfish and argumentative; you are losing sight of the fact that someone is out $1200. How would you like to be out $1200? Its not a good feeling.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:06:14 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Selfish? How exactly is this argument helping me? Heaven forbid I actually want to learn more about sealed collecting so I can ensure I'm not the guy spending $1200 on items I can't confirm. I digress though, just say it's a fake and crucify this guy.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:08:15 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
You say you want to learn but when presented with information on how the library is sealed you just dismiss it.

As for selfish, yes its selfish to muddy the waters because you are not helping the buyer's chances of getting his $1200 back. Every person that wrongly states this might be legit just gives the seller another reason to hold the money.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:09:43 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Selfish? How exactly is this argument helping me? Heaven forbid I actually want to learn more about sealed collecting so I can ensure I'm not the guy spending $1200 on items I can't confirm. I digress though, just say it's a fake and crucify this guy.
seriously, exactly why are you spouting off on a system you haven't collected?     You have never nor will you ever see me posting opinions about n64 seals.   I don't know enough about it and the seals are all over the map.   It would be nice if you'd extend the same courtesy and keep to what you know.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:10:55 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Or, if you want to learn, ask serious questions by pm instead of confusing the issue for some poor schmuck that's out 1200 bucks. Someone is out real money and your idle curiosity and arguments are hurting him.

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:21:26 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
I am not jumping on either side of this discussion but I am curious about something. What is ebay's stance on returning an item "not as described" if the description says the item might not be new from the factory? If the description on any random item says that it might not be new can the buyer return it because it was not new? Also, I have seen many items sell for way more than the "current market value" but it may be worth that amount to the buyer. I am not saying this is what happened here but I have seen it happen. Just a random thought...

Has anyone else seen Brewster's Millions?