NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Banned / Suspended Users

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:52:47 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
I do think there should be a distinction between users banned for scamming (like Jamesssss) versus other reasons. Maybe a "scammer" avatar instead of it just saying banned.

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:05:54 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Jobber8742

I do get a kick out of the fact that two banned members posted in this thread. Nice additions with these new avatars for deadbeats.

I was thinking the exact same thing! I do like the avatars. I also want to thank the mods for putting in safe gaurds to protect the members of this site. I may be only 1 transaction strong, but it was a pleasant process.

-------------------------
Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:58:51 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
The only change needed I think is marking the (!) icon as 'Hall of Shame' right on it because it's meaningless otherwise if the newbie or whoever is clueless of what the HoS is in the first place. The other says BANNED over it. If hall of shame is too much to fit nicely, deadbeat would fit better.

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:37:34 AM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee

I do get a kick out of the fact that two banned members posted in this thread. Nice additions with these new avatars for deadbeats.

Am I doing it right?  

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:45:27 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
I'd like to know. Even if the list starts with users who have been banned since the list began being populated. Before the icons, I just assumed users juzt left the site for good...

Mar 15, 2014 at 4:20:08 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Rengozu

Am I doing it right?  

So recycling the "banned" avatar for kicks, eh? Unless you have recently been banished within the past few hours, LOL!

I remember for the longest time the "I'm a thief" avatar that JAAMMEESSNNEESS had. I really miss that avatar...

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 03/15/2014 at 04:25 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:03:58 PM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Rengozu

Am I doing it right?  

About time they cleaned house around here.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:05:47 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
We need to make a distinction between users who are banned for scamming versus people who are banned for rule violations. I seem to recall the HOS and the banned user group are independant of each other. Occasionally I see forum members with a HOS badge actively posting, although most people who earn this infamous title are shunned by the community and slowly fade into obscurity. Maybe some people deserve a second chance? Satoshi Matrix comes to mind. He's a HOS member due to some past sour deals, yet has an awesome gaming blog on wordpress and occasionally pops in from time to time to comment on stuff. He's still very active on Digit Press. Seemed like a nice guy but I don't know him personally and never dealt with him before.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:49:54 PM
Dreadmoc (18)
(Iron Worker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado
I haven't been banned, so you must have to do something pretty serious. Hell, I've never even recieved a warning and I tend to speak my mind while sticking my nose in other peoples business.

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:56:47 AM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Dread

Hell, I've never even recieved a warning and I tend to speak my mind while sticking my nose in other peoples business.

Please don't say "Hell"

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:49:15 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: deathrock83

Hell, I've never even recieved a warning and I tend to speak my mind while sticking my nose in other peoples business.

Please don't say "Hell"
I believe the proper term is H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks.

Same goes for sh**, err, Sugar Honey Iced Tea!

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:56:57 AM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
I give you my 2,100th post dude. Also, is that like See You Next Tuesday? I like this game

edited because I can't do math right

Edited: 04/30/2014 at 05:58 AM by Jerbilly

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:14:49 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

I give you my 2,100th post dude. Also, is that like See You Next Tuesday? I like this game

edited because I can't do math right

I always preferred Can't Understand Normal Thinking, as it falls under the Hotdog and Spam Legislature

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 04/30/2014 at 02:14 PM by dra600n

May 3, 2014 at 5:06:41 PM
Dreadmoc (18)
(Iron Worker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado

Please don't say "Hell"

Sugar Honey Iced Tea, I guess that makes warning number one. 

May 4, 2014 at 5:33:13 AM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan

Sugar Honey Iced Tea, I guess that makes warning number one. 

Warning number two... I know you meant to say "poop".

May 4, 2014 at 10:51:40 AM
TheRetromancer (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

A reason why someone is banned never helps, just starts debates that won't end. However there should be some sort of notification when you try to pm/trade/whatever with someone that doesn't exist anymore. Could be as simple as an icon too.

This.  While I think a 'banned for x' thread would definitely be an interesting read for certain, I don't feel that it would be helpful.

I would expand on your idea, bunnyboy, of pm/etc blocking of banned members, and actually have a script that replaces or superimposes a 'banned' icon on the avatar of the user.  Hell, maybe even a .GIF stating 'This user is banned' - after all, moving displays attract more attention than static ones.

I am DoctorDan, making a second account which is completely against NA's rules.

May 4, 2014 at 2:26:13 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

I haven't been banned, so you must have to do something pretty serious. Hell, I've never even recieved a warning and I tend to speak my mind while sticking my nose in other peoples business.
It's all in how you do it.   Debate and disagreement are fine, as long as it doesn't spiral into namecalling and condescention. 

May 5, 2014 at 12:34:23 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

It's all in how you do it.   Debate and disagreement are fine, as long as it doesn't spiral into namecalling and condescention. 

You're doing it wrong. You gott scream it at the top of your lungs from the mountain tops...

BAANN MEE!!!

May 6, 2014 at 4:55:15 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Originally posted by: stardust4ever

You're doing it wrong. You gott scream it at the top of your lungs from the mountain tops...

Or you could just do what i did and wait until April 1st

May 6, 2014 at 7:40:11 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

Originally posted by: stardust4ever

Or you could just do what i did and wait until April 1st

But that's nearly 11 months away! Pity really, I made the font 72 pt for the "Baann Mee" and did rainbow colors and the formatting got lost when I posted. NintendoAge needs to fix that, as well as stop making us manually type out emoticons. Because they don't show up if embedded.

Edited: 05/06/2014 at 07:40 PM by Kosmic StarDust

May 11, 2014 at 3:26:05 AM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
I for one find it confusing to see various users suddenly appear banned. Wasn't that Retromancer guy posting reviews of games? What?

And yeah it'd be nice to have some distinction for banned users, whether they scammed and what not.

Speaking of banned, I find the usage of an avatar to be a problem. People can easily just wear that avatar. It'd be better to make a banned group like moderator or admin, something nobody can change. Do you guys ban anyone wearing the banned avatar on sight?

May 11, 2014 at 1:41:58 PM
N64 Gamer (17)
< El Ripper >
Other
Originally posted by: Guntz

I for one find it confusing to see various users suddenly appear banned. Wasn't that Retromancer guy posting reviews of games? What?

And yeah it'd be nice to have some distinction for banned users, whether they scammed and what not.

Speaking of banned, I find the usage of an avatar to be a problem. People can easily just wear that avatar. It'd be better to make a banned group like moderator or admin, something nobody can change. Do you guys ban anyone wearing the banned avatar on sight?

An easy way to tell if somebody is truly banned or just wearing the avatar is by clicking on their avatar. If you click on the avatar of a person who isn't banned, you will be redirected to their profile page.
If they are truly banned, then it will redirect you to the "banned" page.

My WTB thread
Buying Zelda CIB NES/SNES/N64 games in mint conditions! (Both NTSC and PAL)

Also looking for Phantom Hourglass NFR Demo (PAL) and Twilight Princess NFR Demo (PAL)

May 11, 2014 at 4:42:37 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Guntz

Probably because there have been several people banned lately for various reasons. While we stated earlier that we don't normally disclose banning reasons, Retromancer's sig should give you a hint as to what happened.

May 11, 2014 at 5:21:04 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
There is at least one user that has been posting frequently who copied the "Banned" avatar. I forget the username though, probably several people doing it. I guess if they wanna be like that, let em. Kinda dumb if you ask me, especially if you try to buy/sell/trade with people.

Thanks for the pro tip to click on the avatar to see who's really banned or just faking it.

Does NA have a policy for temporary banning users? Some forums give people second chances after a temporary ban if they broke rules. Most leave; those that stay behave or get permanently banned.

May 11, 2014 at 7:20:26 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
Yeah his sig didn't say anything special before. I can understand why he did it, it's virtually impossible to fix your rep after being entered into the hall of shame. Though, it would have been nice to know why he suddenly had problems and had to go AWOL.