Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Rad Racer Contest ends Sunday, 3/27/16 at 11 PM NA time

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:51:43 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: Commander Santa

Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Holy crap!!!
Score Updated!!

Best run of my life in Rad Racer!
Might actually place too.

SUPER PUMPED.

Nice! Congrats!

Thanks Stryphos and Mega Tank.
My adrenaline is flowing big time right now.

I've been stuck on Los Angeles Nightway all week (which up until a few minutes ago) was the farthest I've ever made it in Rad Racer.
Seaway Typhoon's background is really distracting (something Philosoraptor mentioned earlier this week). It was really jarring.

The snow track was a cake walk.

oh... And Mega Tank, how many pennies do you have man? 
You must have billions.

I was able to up my score some so I am happy with that. I doubt I will ever place, but it does not hurt to try!

As for the pennies... I like pennies!

-------------------------

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Edited: 03/27/2016 at 11:03 PM by Mega Tank

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:00:09 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Score update. I had a 67k run. Couldn't get the pic in time :/

id like to give a shout out to bertsampson' family, for keeping him busy this weekend giving me a chance to get a win.   

nice job everybody! Some close competition this week. 

I think ill practice ghost n goblins this off week. I have never beat the first loop : / 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Edited: 03/27/2016 at 11:13 PM by skinnygrinny

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:10:08 PM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

id like to give a shout out to bertsampson' family, for keeping him busy this weekend giving me a chance to get a win.   

You earned it skinny.
Congrats!

You and Bert are head and shoulders above the rest of us right now.

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:12:01 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Toxie will return for Pacman!

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:16:09 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Kudos to all the peeps this week! Some of y'all were clearly using the secret, amazing third car option, the Mach 5. Or something. But seriously, super impressive.

Re: the game. I had a lot of fun with this one. Again, it's another instance where I was surprised about that. But it's got a great level of challenge; it doesn't crush your spirit, but spurs you to try again, like the best games.

Oh, I also have some slight voter remorse. I ended up betraying my own beliefs and falling in love with Station #1. Scandalous.

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:18:12 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

You earned it skinny.
Congrats!

Thanks Santa. You know I still wanted to get bearcat! Fun game. I agree, the snow course is easier. Course 5 is the worst imo. 

update was great as usual. Your the best, dude. 

thanks again  

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:57:24 AM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington

I think ill practice ghost n goblins this off week. I have never beat the first loop : / 

HaHa!  Thanks Skinny, I'll let them know!  True enough, darn family anyway...

Great job everybody on the first leg of the weekly challenges, and I look forward to seeing more great weeks to come.  Taking the wife and kid to California this Friday, but I'll be back Thursday to whoop ya'll on some Pac-Man!

Happy Easter!!!

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:25:18 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

You earned it skinny.
Congrats!

Thanks Santa. You know I still wanted to get bearcat! Fun game. I agree, the snow course is easier. Course 5 is the worst imo. 

thanks again  

It looks like I was able to defend my Rad Racer title after all of the late scores. Maybe you'll get another shot in 2019 if it takes another three years for it to come up again.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:41:41 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: bertsampson

HaHa!  Thanks Skinny, I'll let them know!  True enough, darn family anyway...

Great job everybody on the first leg of the weekly challenges, and I look forward to seeing more great weeks to come.  Taking the wife and kid to California this Friday, but I'll be back Thursday to whoop ya'll on some Pac-Man!

Happy Easter!!!

I thought for sure that you would post another score or that Luke would show up to make up for his narrow loss last time. Great scores everybody, hope to see you all back on Sunday!

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:16:41 AM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
To wake up still in the top 8 today is great, but to wake up and be in the top 3 is awesome! I fully expected to be knocked back to participation 😋
This was a really fun week of racing great job everyone!

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:30:18 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: laddersandcakes

Ugh, I just had like three heart breaker runs. Just couldn't quite do it. I'm probably done for this week, unless the spirit moves me in the next hour to try again.

So are we doing the bye week optional game? Crossed fingers.

There were only about four people that expressed interest in having a bye week game, which seemed about as popular as the idea of handing out an extra credit assignment during spring break. There's already a "What game(s) are you currently playing" thread if people want to take the discussion over there about what they're playing during the bye week: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:32:28 AM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Ugh, I just had like three heart breaker runs. Just couldn't quite do it. I'm probably done for this week, unless the spirit moves me in the next hour to try again.

There were only about four people that expressed interest in having a bye week game, which seemed about as popular as the idea of handing out an extra credit assignment during spring break. There's already a "What game(s) are you currently playing" thread if people want to take the discussion over there about what they're playing during the bye week: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&th...
i wanted a bye week game just didnt post cause i thought it was already a thing. 

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:35:37 AM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: TWarwick07

There were only about four people that expressed interest in having a bye week game, which seemed about as popular as the idea of handing out an extra credit assignment during spring break. There's already a "What game(s) are you currently playing" thread if people want to take the discussion over there about what they're playing during the bye week: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&th...
i wanted a bye week game just didnt post cause i thought it was already a thing. 

Yeah, I assumed that, too. I mean, who doesn't want another game?

No worries, though! Thanks for all you do, b-d, and the other contest mods.

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:49:23 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

I figured either most people have backlogs to work on or simply would want to use the bye week to take a break from the contests. I think a lot of schools are on spring break this week (at least they are around here), so the players with kids might enjoy the time off.

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:02:34 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I was expecting a thread already as well, but it's no big deal either way.

I was assuming that Doug would just choose a game out of his own backlog as an excuse to finally play it.

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:07:31 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arnpoly

I was assuming that Doug would just choose a game out of his own backlog as an excuse to finally play it.

I'm actually all caught up! I was going to pick River City Ransom for the bye week game since it should be fairly easy to finish in a week since passwords/continues would be allowed and players could choose either difficulty setting since it's not an official contest.

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:21:53 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois

I'm actually all caught up! I was going to pick River City Ransom for the bye week game since it should be fairly easy to finish in a week since passwords/continues would be allowed and players could choose either difficulty setting since it's not an official contest.

Haha, well that's good!  RCR is a pretty good choice though I haven't gotten into it myself.

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:39:30 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Originally posted by: TWarwick07

If you guys are interested in playing RCR this week and want a discussion thread, let me know and I'll get something posted. Otherwise, I'll just leave it as my recommended game that's worth trying during the bye week.

Edited: 03/28/2016 at 12:57 PM by bearcat-doug

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:34:24 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Dang I don't have it

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:10:18 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Haha, well that's good!  RCR is a pretty good choice though I haven't gotten into it myself.

My only issue with it is that there's no way to tell what the food/items do to level up your stats short of trial and error or looking up a chart online. I'd probably like it better if it was like Double Dragon where you level up by gaining experience points from defeating enemies. It's still a fun, unique game for anyone that's never played it.

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:32:38 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

You earned it skinny.
Congrats!

thanks again  

It looks like I was able to defend my Rad Racer title after all of the late scores. Maybe you'll get another shot in 2019 if it takes another three years for it to come up again.

Well, bearcat. Actually, I am currently the official NA rad racer champion (points thumbs at chest) "current title holder. WWWOOOooo...!". 

and although I never did get 67,5xx I did score a 67,2xx but I guess you'll have to take my word for it  

that said, nothing but respect for the former champion  

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:45:11 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Well, bearcat. Actually, I am currently the official NA rad racer champion (points thumbs at chest) "current title holder. WWWOOOooo!". 

and although I never did get 67,5xx I did score a 67,2xx but I guess you'll have to take my word for it  

I guess it depends if the "xx" was higher than 17. I wish I had more time to play during the week, so I could've taken a shot at my old score. I was on pace for 68k+ in each of my attempts, but it seems like I never could finish course 6 or 7 with enough points to keep my average up.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:14:34 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Did my last score submission not count?

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:21:26 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Well, bearcat. Actually, I am currently the official NA rad racer champion (points thumbs at chest) "current title holder. WWWOOOooo!". 

I guess it depends if the "xx" was higher than 17. I wish I had more time to play during the week, so I could've taken a shot at my old score. I was on pace for 68k+ in each of my attempts, but it seems like I never could finish course 6 or 7 with enough points to keep my average up.

5 seemed to be the course where I really had to be cautious. I wrecked into a car in the far right lane once and when my car got placed back on track, a car in the far right lane was literally not moving?!?!!

6-8 seemed more forgiving to me. 

ya, I hated not getting that pic. But regardless of what the "xx" (ha,that's a band) could have been, your better than me at rad racer. But, with more time, I see no reason why I couldn't get a 67,500. I dunno about 68k. 

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:30:04 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

Dont poke the bear with a stick......

you can add the winston cup trophy to your signature now