Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

SNES video shaky

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:16:57 PM
Jake White (0)

< Cherub >
I have just bought a Panasonic CT-34WX53 HD CRT for my retro consoles. While I am very satisfied with it overall, my SNES 1 Chip model (last model before the slim) seems to be the only console giving me some trouble. When I first hooked up my SNES using composite RCA cables, I noticed that the whole image seemed to bob or shake slightly up and down, it's subtle but is quite noticeable and annoying. At first I thought it was maybe just the input on the TV, so I tried all 3 and they all did the same thing. So then I thought maybe it was the cable, so I tried using the RF adapter but it did the same thing. So I decided to buy a S-video cable thinking that maybe this would solve it, it did improve the picture quality quite a bit, but unfortunately the shaking was still there. I figured maybe it was my SNES that was to blame, so I tired to hook it up to my LCD using the S-video cable and the image doesn't shake on my LCD. I Googled the problem and some people said that certain TVs don't handle 240p well (causing the shaking), but I tried running ps1 games on my PS2 using component cables as I've heard it forces 240p, and it works flawlessly with no shaking on the PS2, so I don't think the TV doesn't accept 240p, but for some reason it shakes regardless of how I connect my SNES. The PS2 also worked well without shaking using S-video. So now I'm wondering, is there an easy way to fix this? Would it help if I modded my SNES to output component? What would be my best option at this point?