Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How about a "Wanted" sub-forum in buying and selling?

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:27:29 AM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
They have one on AtariAge and I really like it. Its an easy way for people to fill holes in their collection and for others to get rid of extras without having to start a thread for sale or trade. What do you think?

-------------------------
Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:02:04 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Good Idea!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:25:20 PM
michael242 (43)
(King Neptune) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I agree so I can finally get my DK Math

I played Milk and Nuts today...... Boy does that suck!

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:12:45 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
There will be no need for this once the new update goes into effect. Each person will be able to have want lists, trade lists, and be able to keep track of there collection. That way anyone can you what you need at any time by doing a quick search.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:40:08 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
This new stuff seems almost too good to be true. I cannot wait for it to go live.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:23:49 PM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Hmmmmm......I think I know someone with a DK Math.They told me its going to take something special to get it though....LOL

Nov 7, 2007 at 1:01:59 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

There will be no need for this once the new update goes into effect. Each person will be able to have want lists, trade lists, and be able to keep track of there collection. That way anyone can you what you need at any time by doing a quick search.

~~NGD

RFgeneration has what I believe to be the best collection tool around (of course because NA's isn't up and running yet ), and they have a have it/want it sort of thing going on with their collection tool. I know personally that I have used it maybe once ever, it isn't very helpful. There are a few reasons for this:

1. It isn't dated. A member who hasn't logged in for 8 months could have a wanted item and forget that they ever even "wanted" it in the first place.

2. People rarely update. In a wanted subforum, old wants would be moved on and forgotten. In a wanted section of a collection tool, I foresee many members getting the items on their want list and then forgetting to update.

3. What about hardware? Need an extra Genesis 2 power supply? What about a RF adapter for your new top loader? Stuff like this may not be able to go into the collection tool wants list.

4. Stuff outside of NES wants won't be fulfilled. I understand that the main purpose for members here is to talk about the NES, but what about those that collect for other systems? I know I have gotten a ton of good NES items for trades at AtariAge, the same can and has been done here as well. If the collection tool spans multiple systems, then ignore this point.

Definitely a few things to consider, I think it could be a great help for members who want to easily fill gaps in their collection and for people to get rid of some doubles they've had sitting around. Just my 2 cents!

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:04:22 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
^ I totally agree with Mr. Mark, especially his points 1 and 2. Building "wants" into your profile is a nice idea in theory, but it'll fall by the wayside in practice. A small sub-forum would keep all the most recent wants in one place with the newest at the top so that a prospective trader/seller would have one simple location to look through.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...