Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Have you noticed a rise in flakes or backing out since the HoS closed?

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:38:00 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Totino

I've had at least 3 sellers (that I can think of off hand) back out of verbally accepted deals via PM and I haven't even been on the site a year. It's a dirtbag move to accept my offer and then sell the item to someone else FYI.
Ugh, yeah I had a buy/trade where the guy straight up just changed his mind and said that it was never binding since we hadn't set up a transaction yet.  Different perspective I guess  

-------------------------
Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:44:37 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
HoS was great. I personally think it was removed due to liability issues, think I had seen some comments that implied that too.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:26:19 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: fcgamer

HoS was great. I personally think it was removed due to liability issues, think I had seen some comments that implied that too.

You are personally incorrect, but please keep those rumours afloat!  Don't let pesky things like the truth get in your way.

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:54:28 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

You are personally incorrect, but please keep those rumours afloat!  Don't let pesky things like the truth get in your way.

Will do!  

On another note, always interesting to examine the way others write.     "Rumours" instead of "rumors" yet living in Ohio.  "Personally incorrect" is quite an odd phrasing likewise, man it's fun studying words and patterns.  

-----

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:57:20 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska

Will do!  

On another note, always interesting to examine the way others write.     "Rumours" instead of "rumors" yet living in Ohio.  "Personally incorrect" is quite an odd phrasing likewise, man it's fun studying words and patterns.  

I think youre reading too much into it.  I thought it was a misspelling and possibly autocorrect that lead to his odd response.   

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:02:33 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Will do!  

Personally incorrect was a direct dig at your "personally".

Also been dealing with many outside of the US peeps lately, hence the U.

The reason was put here, in the Queen's fucking English, the day we shuttered the HOS.   But still believe whatever you want; I have a dark cloak to put on and retro markets to manipulate:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:02:39 PM
dballin (22)
(Dave Balls) < Meka Chicken >
Rhode Island
I don't know about here, but when I sold off a large portion of the collection (400 items?) via ebay 4 years ago I didn't have nearly as many bid cancellations as I did selling 50 items recently. Some of them were just stupid too. Why cancel your $5 bid on CIB Tengen Tetris? You weren't going to win buddy. Only had one cancel after winning the auction though.

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:13:07 PM
Nes Gangsta (90)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
Wish they never got rid of the HOS. But, on here compared to other places I find a lot less time waster/tire kickers or bad buyers. Maybe going forward have separate HOS for bad buyers on here and another one for bad buyer's elsewhere if you ever do bring it back I would love to share my list of blocked buyers on ebay has over 500 names I would never in my life sell to again for various reasons -inappropriate feedback/scammers etc etc...

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:41:49 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania

Will do!  

Personally incorrect was a direct dig at your "personally".

Also been dealing with many outside of the US peeps lately, hence the U.

The reason was put here, in the Queen's fucking English, the day we shuttered the HOS.   But still believe whatever you want; I have a dark cloak to put on and retro markets to manipulate:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&...

Thanks for being a good sport captmorgandrinker, you're a good and just mod    

I figured as much about the odd phrasing being a dig.  I love the rest of your post as well, I bet you must have quite a sense of humor IRL.  

Regarding the link with explanation, at least I'm not the only one!   

-----

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:56:58 PM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
I'm not gonna lie - I miss the HoS thread, but I understand closing it down. It was kinda like the negative energy from Ghostbusters 2.