Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

*ENDED* Armed For Battle Homebrew Limited Edition Auction Ends Thurs, June 5, 10pm (NA Time) -- High Bids $420 & $410

LOCKED TOPIC

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:58:27 PM
suicideseason (2)
< Little Mac >
Colorado
all i can say is in the rules it says one bid . it doesnt specify anything about when you can request 1 or 2 copies its just available for ppl who pay more than 300. i worked for my money...

-------------------------
i love you and miss you fratz my girl

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:01:52 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: rizz

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRETY OF THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU BID!!!!

For the big collectors out there, anyone putting in a bid of $300 or more can specify “2 Limited Edition copies.” 

Whether or not 2 bids was claimed could affect future bids. I'm with everyone else in saying that it should have been specified at time of bid. Whoever gets bumped will be ticked.

Also, I'm sure all most of us work for our money.

Edited: 06/05/2014 at 11:03 PM by mattbep

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:05:21 PM
icarwngs55 (67)
(Michael D) < El Ripper >
United States
Yeah. At first I was on your side getting 2 copies since you bid over $300.

But the rules clearly state (in quotes) that bid should specify "2 copies" if that's what you want.

Rules are rules

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:06:01 PM
aNinja (1)

< Cherub >
Rizz said he has more copy's just sell Mathew one of those to advoid controversy

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:08:32 PM
mattbep (107)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: aNinja

Rizz said he has more copy's just sell Mathew one of those to advoid controversy

Adding a copy to this auction is changing da rules. Was originally stated those would be auctioned at a later date. Just selling it now would be different.

I'm gonna stop commenting though. Sorry for adding to the dilution of the auction post. rizz will handle it as he sees fit.

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:40:01 PM
Dreadmoc (18)
(Iron Worker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado
What about numbers? Do the highest bids get the lowest numbers? I'm bidder #6. Does that mean I get LE #7 or what?

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:55:34 PM
CaptainPiracy (11)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Aww, sad.. Saw my name on the table and thought "Woo!". Then I saw the last 3 pages of this thread! Sad! I'll grab a regular copy I guess!

NES: Licensed (671/677) - Unlicensed (58/91) - Consoles - (2/2)
NEED: Sharp NES TV, Famicom AV

N64 - Carts:(296/296), Consoles:(9/9), Controllers:(14/20)

TRADE THREAD!

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:10:40 AM
suicideseason (2)
< Little Mac >
Colorado

hes cool. he messaged me i was just simply sticking up for myself i respect his decision i dont feel he should be pressured for his work. At the end of the day its his wallet right. i just feel a tad bit bullied for having the money or being new.

i love you and miss you fratz my girl

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:18:01 AM
jashcr1 (8)
(Justin ) < Little Mac >
Illinois
Hey rizz, I suppose you're going to compile an official list of the auction winners? Also, where would I send payment? Through paypal, right?

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:20:11 AM
rizz (9)
(Frank Westphal) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: Dreadmoc

What about numbers? Do the highest bids get the lowest numbers? I'm bidder #6. Does that mean I get LE #7 or what?

After the top 2 guys choose their numbers, then yes, I'll just go in order.  Highest bids will get the lowest numbers.

My Development Blog

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:20:20 AM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Sweet just made the cut!!!

My Wanted to Buy/Trade Thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

My Ebay Listings
http://www.ebay.com/sch/daillest/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&a...

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:21:22 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Mathew Hawn

hes cool. he messaged me i was just simply sticking up for myself i respect his decision i dont feel he should be pressured for his work. At the end of the day its his wallet right. i just feel a tad bit bullied for having the money or being new.

I don't see where you were being bullied.  We just try to play by the rules.

Plus why do you keep bringing up your money?  From what I have read, no one has said anything about you paying that much.  I for one, am happy Rizz is getting this much for the LE's.

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:25:44 AM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: jashcr1

Hey rizz, I suppose you're going to compile an official list of the auction winners? Also, where would I send payment? Through paypal, right?

Good news - the list is prepared on the first post.  If anything is wrong with what I tallied, please let me know.

Payment is due in a week.  Paypal and personal checks are acceptable.  I'll PM you with paypal info.  I'm new to this part, but I expect I should send my info to the 29, rather than the Paypal Request Payment option, since I would have to collect emails in order to do that.  If this is not the norm, please fill me in.

My Development Blog

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:32:38 AM
mattbep (107)
Pennsylvania

No hard feelings, hopefully. I just didn't want to see any kind of drama develop on this release. Congrats on top bid. I look forward to defeating your custom-named king on the bonus levels 

rizz, just PM us your PayPal e-mail address and we'll send the funds. Congrats again on your auction.

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:41:25 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

The only reason we were contesting your intention of buying two copies was for respecting the egality of all bidders in front of the rules of the auction. The facts that you're new here or you have money (in all seriousness, this situation gives nobody here any clue on your wealth, there are bigger purchases in this hobby all day long) have absolutely nothing to do with the contestations.

The only concern was that you didn't had the right to circumvent the rules of the auction in detriment of the 29th copy current bidder. I hope you understand this has nothing to do with you personally, and that you're more than welcome to stick around with us if you share our passion for Retro NES games.

Edited: 06/06/2014 at 12:59 AM by guillavoie

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:57:34 AM
LucasWeatherby (42)
(Lucas Weatherby) < El Ripper >
Florida
Was there a post of the paypal address for the funds to be sent?

Jun 6, 2014 at 1:12:58 AM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: LucasWeatherby

Was there a post of the paypal address for the funds to be sent?

I'll contact you through PM, possibly tonight yet.

My Development Blog

Jun 6, 2014 at 1:20:54 AM
LucasWeatherby (42)
Florida
Ok. Sorry no rush. I just dont check N.A. as frequently as I used to becuase of time issues. Dont want to get left behind

Jun 6, 2014 at 2:47:50 AM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
Invoices have been sent to the Top 29 bidders via PM. If you are in the Top 29 bids and did not receive a PM from me, or received the wrong information, please contact me.

Thank you all for your generous bids. It was really terrific to see usernames that have been following the game for a LONG time, and also seeing a few that I know in person from the Midwest Gaming Classic group. It was also fascinating to see so many different country flags - it looks like Armed for Battle is going to be *very* widely distributed.

Happy to see some of you looking forward to the general release. I have a notification list if you'd like to get emailed when that time comes in the near future. You can also keep an eye on my blog, and infiniteneslives.com

My Development Blog

Jun 6, 2014 at 2:45:12 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
well dang, looks like this went for more than double what I thought it'd go for.

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:30:05 PM
LucasWeatherby (42)
Florida
monies sent! super excited

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:36:13 AM
Stan (81)
(Demonologist and Linguist Supreme) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
NOOO I WAS DEFEATED.

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:54:02 AM
supra1 (18)
(guillaume c) < Crack Trooper >
Quebec
Congrat on the auction and thanks you put a end date it really a better format then the other one where no one know when its ending...

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:06:23 PM
rizz (9)
Wisconsin
Time to lock up the thread I suppose.

Any additional comments can be put in the Armed For Battle topic in the Brewery forum.

Thanks everyone!

My Development Blog