Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Super Mario Bros NES CIB Sticker Seal on eBay

Aug 11 at 6:26:47 PM
RDI (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Bronty

RDI - I don't think that's true tbh

Which part do you believe to be untrue? 

That a large amount of money poured into comics within the last 10 years from other collecting fields? Or that a good portion of this money is being put towards items simply because of their rarity, or more appropriately their "perceived rarity"? 

Look no further than the pricing and growth rate on modern incentive variants, the last newsstands, dcu editions, later print newsstands, and retailer/convention exclusives as evidence of new money chasing rarity and nothing else. You have modern variant covers featuring a character selling for more than a character's first appearance ffs.  

I think if everyone had the opportunity to see the percentage of people that have actually read the comic or played the game they are buying to "collect" that everyone would be stunned at how low that number ended up being. 

Aug 11 at 6:54:09 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
^ tbh, none of that. You’re talking about variants of new comics but New comics are not where the money is.  Something selling for 50 bucks is noise to the high end market, which has always been all about golden age and great condition silver age (all of which predates variants).

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 08/11/2019 at 07:06 PM by Bronty

Aug 11 at 8:12:48 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Boring finish. $11,500. Someone did well. IMO

Aug 11 at 8:45:52 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Buyer or seller?

Aug 11 at 8:55:25 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Buyatari

Buyer or seller?

Buyer IMO

Aug 11 at 10:39:33 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States

Buyer or seller?

Buyer IMO
Both did. Short term, awesome for seller, long probably for buyer. Not too many Mario stickers in that condition.

Aug 11 at 10:48:49 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Just for the box.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Aug 12 at 12:24:48 AM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Just for the box.

That is the way it goes.

Comic aren’t worth 10% without the cover. 
Baseball card is just a cover with a backside. 
Record albums aren’t worth much without the sleeve. 

Paper thin gold but it could be worse at least they aren’t digital. 

Aug 13 at 2:30:00 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada

Just for the box.

That is the way it goes.

Comic aren't worth 10% without the cover. 
Record albums aren't worth much without the sleeve. 

Paper thin gold but it could be worse at least they aren't digital. 

Is this the most expensive cardboard box in any hobby? I guess there are other boxes for Nintendo that would be super high like a mint Chubby Cherub or Stadium Events, but considering the manual and cart add negligible value to SMB that's one expensive box. Are there rare toys or anything that gets into 5 figures just for the box?

Aug 13 at 4:45:49 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States

Just for the box.

That is the way it goes.

Is this the most expensive cardboard box in any hobby? I guess there are other boxes for Nintendo that would be super high like a mint Chubby Cherub or Stadium Events, but considering the manual and cart add negligible value to SMB that's one expensive box. Are there rare toys or anything that gets into 5 figures just for the box?

For most toys I think of, the holy grail type crazy money stuff is prototypes or one offs that didn't have box but maybe something really vintage? I looked up an empty MTG Alpha booster box because I was curious but apparently Beta had the same boxes and they're "only" worth a few hundred dollars.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 08/13/2019 at 04:48 PM by DefaultGen

Aug 13 at 5:59:47 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Just for the box.

That is the way it goes.

For most toys I think of, the holy grail type crazy money stuff is prototypes or one offs that didn't have box but maybe something really vintage? I looked up an empty MTG Alpha booster box because I was curious but apparently Beta had the same boxes and they're "only" worth a few hundred dollars.

That is a good question but I'm not a toy guy.
Didn't someone here bring up toy trains?  Some older trains in the box have sold for 6 figures in the past. You would have to think the right toy train box is worth 5 figures.
If not that then what about a record sleeve? Records without sleeves are worth very little.
Covers for holy grail comics are worth 5 figures.

Aug 13 at 6:41:30 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Some Transformers boxes are worth quite a bit but it's going to be the Japanese exclusives like Black Zarak, Grand Maximus or dinosaur cassettes.

You also see it somewhat with some NES boxes, I know a Donkey Kong Jr. Math box alone is worth over $1000. I have the cartridge and manual, they can usually be found for relatively cheap but a complete copy is always closer to $1500.

Aug 13 at 6:56:33 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
A handful of sellers now are rushing the market now and pushing down each others' prices haha. I’ve seen one DK Math gloss in a year on Ebay and now there are 3 lol.

Edited: 08/13/2019 at 07:19 PM by ExplodedHamster

Aug 13 at 8:26:21 PM
klv123 (0)
(Biff Webster) < Little Mac >
Ohio
yea, who ever is twobothersgaming is screwing the price for his own self. I am positive it screwed up my sale for the sticker seal Mario, the buyer was unhappy. I think he got cold feet because one got listed for $9999.99, and tried to tell me mine was not complete because it did not have the poster or the order form.

I have never seen an order form in a box, it is for ROB parts I don't think it was originally in the box, also the poster is from 1987 it is incorrect.

If the lister was smart he would only list 1 at a time.

Aug 13 at 8:31:28 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: klv123

yea, who ever is twobothersgaming is screwing the price for his own self. I am positive it screwed up my sale for the sticker seal Mario, the buyer was unhappy. I think he got cold feet because one got listed for $9999.99, and tried to tell me mine was not complete because it did not have the poster or the order form.

I have never seen an order form in a box, it is for ROB parts I don't think it was originally in the box, also the poster is from 1987 it is incorrect.

Damn, that really sucks to hear.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 13 at 8:34:16 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
I refunded a good amount to the buyer to keep him happy, so I did not have to deal with a return. I guess I am just a little salty....

Aug 13 at 9:16:00 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio

Avoid dealing in words that are absolute and anything that is subjective when selling on eBay. Never say games are complete instead list the contents. Don’t make judgement calls on condition instead take a ton of pictures. Etc etc. You need to play a good defense if you sell on eBay these days. 

Aug 13 at 9:35:16 PM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
CIB means Box, manual, and game. This is what is defined on Wata website when they grade them, I know a lot of the early games didn't have inserts. If it doesn't have the ROB poster it doesn't make it not complete, as it may have never had one in it from the factory. I took good pictures, and said I have more available on request, the buyer sent me an offer and no questions I accepted, then came 5 figures in my PayPal. I was quite unreal. I guess this is why it pays to get them graded as there is no questions about condition.

Aug 13 at 9:42:41 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan

CIB means Box, manual, and game. This is what is defined on Wata website when they grade them, I know a lot of the early games didn't have inserts. If it doesn't have the ROB poster it doesn't make it not complete, as it may have never had one in it from the factory. I took good pictures, and said I have more available on request, the buyer sent me an offer and no questions I accepted, then came 5 figures in my PayPal. I was quite unreal. I guess this is why it pays to get them graded as there is no questions about condition.

I'm sure they were just looking for any reason to get a refund / return after seeing more pop up for sale.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 13 at 11:53:34 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States

I refunded a good amount to the buyer to keep him happy, so I did not have to deal with a return. I guess I am just a little salty....
You should be, that’s bullshit. Mind letting hs on to the Ebay username, as the Hall of Shame is now defunct?

It’s also pretty easy to get a 1986 Rob poster, so clearly a buyer’s remorse. Somehow people have convinced themselves $11,500 was a BAD result for a gloss Mario and it’s freaked some people out lmao. I mean a 7.5 went on HA for like $2000 in May. 

Edited: 08/13/2019 at 11:58 PM by ExplodedHamster

Aug 14 at 2:59:02 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Yeah 100 percent buyer's remorse.

Aug 14 at 5:30:22 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Sorry to hear

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 14 at 7:37:27 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

That was yours that sold for 11,500?

Aug 14 at 8:17:36 AM
klv123 (0)
Ohio
I listed mine for 25K and took best offer in for just over 10K, it was only listed for like 12 hours.

Aug 14 at 8:30:09 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

I listed mine for 25K and took best offer in for just over 10K, it was only listed for like 12 hours.

Gotcha!