Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Local Dealer gets 5-Screw Stadium Events with manual! (Still under fire)

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:05:52 PM
CompleteSNES (164)
(I'm Naked) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: pegboy

These are both pictures from the seller right?  Are these not 2 different boards?

The traces above the right chip (top left corner) are different in both pictures...Am I missing something obvious here?

I honestly thought this was real, like I was 99% sure, until this picture match up. Unless I'm confused about the light shining through (which I don't think would make the traces or numbers disappear either) those are two different boards.

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:45:55 PM
Jon Solo (80)
(ジョン ・ソロ) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: CompleteSNES

These are both pictures from the seller right?  Are these not 2 different boards?

The traces above the right chip (top left corner) are different in both pictures...Am I missing something obvious here?

I honestly thought this was real, like I was 99% sure, until this picture match up. Unless I'm confused about the light shining through (which I don't think would make the traces or numbers disappear either) those are two different boards.

The traces are so very light probably due to taking the picture with bad focus and in front of a mirror.

I was able to almost duplicate the same results. If I could get a little more out of focus, you would not be able to make out the traces as well in my pic.

If you are still doubting the original pic, take a close look at the 8th pin and you can see the traces just so slightly. They match the more clear pic that the seller provided.

-------------------------
Dreamcast US collection - 83% complete. 
 42 games to go! 

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:50:02 PM
CompleteSNES (164)
(I'm Naked) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Jon Solo

Originally posted by: CompleteSNES

The traces are so very light probably due to taking the picture with bad focus and in front of a mirror.

I was able to almost duplicate the same results. If I could get a little more out of focus, you would not be able to make out the traces as well in my pic.

If you are still doubting the original pic, take a close look at the 8th pin and you can see the traces just so slightly. They match the more clear pic that the seller provided.

Wow! Touche haha yeah I zoomed way in on the blurry pic and you can see the traces. That makes sense and I'm back to believing its the real deal. Glad I didn't buy this, it would drive me nuts lol

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:52:09 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
bullshit! still fake.

eBay listings here

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:59:27 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: daillest

The reason for my speculation is the CHR chip. It is an A0 version ROM. My 3 screw SE has an A1 CHR rom. Since 5 screw are typical older than 3 screw that would make sense. 
Both A0 and A1 have been seen in around the same numbers.  That isn't a version number, it would have been NES-SD-1 instead.  Likely a date code or manufacturing line ID so they might just be one week apart.

I think you are just seeing weird backlighting effects.  In the first picture there are faint hints of the front traces.  The numbers are barely visible even where there is no backlighting.  Too crappy to see any details.  Nobody would spend so much work on an exact copy then just not bother with a simple section.

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:00:32 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Schiggidyd

Originally posted by: babywuchki

I spoke to the seller after the auction ended. A collector in Pennsylvania, who already owns a cart, won this to have the manual. He said he will be selling his extra, lesser-condition, cart eventually.

He received it 2 days later and was pleased, perhaps one of you guys could check the seller's feedback and get a buyer ID from him?
The listing has been removed even though its been less than 90 days, vampwolfgirl is no longer a registered user, and there was never any feedback left for that sale. Ruh Roh! Seems screwy to me

Wow you're right. I wonder why he removed his Ebay account. Well anyways, whether or not you believe me doesn't change what I was told. The buyer was happy with it.
The problem here being that the same guy who told you the buyer was happy with the sale is the same guy a lot of people think scammed someone out of over 8k.

The deleting of the profile so quickly is yet another red flag in this whole operation.

Edited: 12/05/2013 at 10:04 PM by ExplodedHamster

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:12:03 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: Parpunk

Yea this whole thing is pretty nuts.

Seller shows up out of nowehere,
NEEDS TO SELL ASAP,
WILL NOT RELIST,
WANTS TO SELL FOR WHATEVER IT ENDS FOR
DOESNT HAVE BIT TO OPEN IT
GETS BIT PHOTOGRAPHS WRONG SIDE
DELETES EBAY ACCOUNT AND DISAPPEARS AFTER SALE

ugh, i dunno about this whole thing anymore. And i guess we may never know.

Eh, not all dealers are as bright as we are.

I'm speaking from experience and knowing the seller from the flea market, he isn't any where near as smart as you guys assume he may be. The guy didn't even know he could open an NES game without damaging it.

There will be skeptics no matter what.

Yeah he's dumb like a fox. Took money and ran back to the flea market.

VideoGameSage.com

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:14:44 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
I'm still going with the assumption that the board is legit but the shell/manual are possibly fake.

This cart is forever tainted regardless.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:33:37 AM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Why bother any more, really. I can sit here every day and defend my self and the item, it won't matter.

Take it or leave it, ya know? The collector who bought it didn't have a problem with it.

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:35:48 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

Why bother any more, really. I can sit here every day and defend my self and the item, it won't matter.

Take it or leave it, ya know? The collector who bought it didn't have a problem with it.

What do you know about this? You know the seller but you're not the seller. He could simply lie to you about that.

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:45:17 AM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: guillavoie

What do you know about this? You know the seller but you're not the seller. He could simply lie to you about that.

What I know doesn't matter to any one on here, through this thirty-three pages of posts, I've been dragged through the mud and "IN ON THE FAKE!!1!!1".

I can tell you all what I know about the sale, what I know about the dealer, and what he told me pre/post purchase and sale.

NONE OF IT WILL BE BELIEVED, because for some reason, I am not trusted and what I say isn't verifiable by any one but me.

I accept that and will stop trying soon enough.

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:47:03 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
We're not dragging YOU down, we're dragging down the seller. Way too much weird stuff to be called legit and move on about that.

Dec 6, 2013 at 2:15:26 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
we're not dragging anybody down. Just pointing out some reasonable and justifiable doubts.

schiggidyd you're right that people will doubt no matter what - but there's no sense being defensive about it either. There are some serious questions about the item, whether you like it or not. Maybe its real maybe its fake, but that's the whole point. We're dealing in uncertainties here so questions are to be expected.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Dec 6, 2013 at 2:54:05 AM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Fake until proven otherwise, nothing else to say about it.

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:37:31 AM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Thread of the year?

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:38:56 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
See, World Class Track Meet is looking very attractive right now. No need to worry if my $2 cart is real or fake.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:02:13 AM
Schiggidyd (75)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: stardust4ever

See, World Class Track Meet is looking very attractive right now. No need to worry if my $2 cart is real or fake.

Agreed!

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:04:30 AM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Real or fake? Real or fake?

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:52:46 AM
Ray Bot (82)
(Ray Bot) < Lolo Lord >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: daillest

For what it is worth, I believe it is a legitimate early release of Stadium Events, I was keeping my opinion quiet during the auction, because I was hoping to get it for a reasonable price, keep the manual to complete my licensed NES manual collection and sell the cart. The reason for my speculation is the CHR chip. It is an A0 version ROM. My 3 screw SE has an A1 CHR rom. Since 5 screw are typical older than 3 screw that would make sense. Also maybe the end label was correct at first but was miss printed during the 3 screw revision. All just my opinion, but it adds up. The deleting of the ebay auction and account is shady, I have to admit. Maybe he did not want the craigslist person to be able to track him down if he got wind of the sale?

And no I am not the person in PA who won this.

i've been feeling this all along. the seller's activities are mighty shady though.

Super Nintendo Sega Genesis, when i was dead broke man i couldn't picture this.

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:00:03 PM
wrk (69)
Tennessee
So, has this been added to the variant list?

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:17:21 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: wrk

So, has this been added to the variant list?
TBD - To Be Determined

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:18:05 PM
wrk (69)
Tennessee
How will it be determined?

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:47:09 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
I'm not sure that it can be, It seems like it probably went to a non member?

Either that or someone is being very QUIET

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:51:24 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Maybe someone bought this to give for secret
Santa and dont want to ruin the surprise.

Dec 6, 2013 at 4:05:27 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Maybe it didn't actually sell. That would be my guess at least.