Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors 2 Contest ends Sunday, 7/24/16 at 11 PM NA time

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:03:33 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of the Weekly Contests!  It is I, Sir Bimmy of Double Dragonia, and I am here to ask of your assistance in defeating a great evil that is attempting to grasp control of the Land of Sindarin.  It appears you brave warriors didn’t defeat the evil Malkil last year when you assisted the brave Kuros on his quest to slay the evil wizard.  Since your last encounter with Malkil, he has caused death and destruction across various kingdoms.  He devastated the Wicker People of the Pine Barrens by summoning a three-headed, fire-breathing dragon, which laid waste to the entire region.  Let me tell you, they were burning with desire to get away from the dragon that day, I can tell you.  Yeah, yeah, I know, bad joke.  Fine I will apologize for flaming those poor people made of wood and…oops, another bad joke.  Anyway, Malkil was responsible for the near mass extinction of the Lemmings Tribe from the Sunsoft Mountain range.  He took on the form of a large and moving Torr and drove millions of them over a cliff to their doom.  Luckily, a few thousand of them were able to hide in a cave and escape the genocidal purge.  Malkil even traveled to the land of Og and transformed into a giant dinosaur of some sort and attempted to eat all of the one-eyed Trogs there.  And now Malkil has mastered the four Elementals and is looking to totally obliterate Sindarin.  He has completely become a master at Earth and Wind and Fire and…wait, what was that?  No, not the famous funk band Earth, Wind, and Fire!  I’m talking about the four Elementals, Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.  You guys didn’t even let me finish.  Sheesh!  Anyway, it will be up to all of you to stop Malkil from carrying out his nefarious scheme.  Unfortunately, you guys will be without the help of Kuros this time around.  You see, he stepped on one of those Spiny Koopa things while exploring the Mushroom Kingdom and now he is holed up at home for a few weeks with cuts all over his feet.  So, don your furry bikini underwear, ditch the shirt, slather on lots of body grease, grab your big sword, and let your long, majestic hair flow in the wind.  Damn, you guys would be making Fabio proud of you right now.  Or maybe even jealous.  Anyway, here’s what you all need to know in order to defeat Malkil in Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors 2:

• Play until Game Over.  No continuing allowed
  • Using the glitch to allow yourself to keep your magic power after each level is forbidden
  • Furthest progression wins and lowest score takes precedence.
  • Participation: Reach the clouds sequence in the first level
  • GENRE: Action/Platformer

The contest ends Sunday, 7/24/16 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun  

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 07/17/2016 at 09:10 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:37:05 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Just so everyone is aware, guillavoie will be handling the duties for the Ironsword contest this week starting on Monday since I will be on vacation. Any questions that anyone has should be forwarded to him. I will return to active contest duty on July 24.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jul 17, 2016 at 3:16:35 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
OFFICIAL SCOREBOARD
Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
 photo Ironsword - Wizards amp Warriors 2 U-0_zpsbpyveoqo.png
(Action/Platformer)
Place Stage Score Username
1 Game Completed 491,692 skinnygrinny
2 Game Completed 499,377 gutsman004
3 Game Completed 530,796 Bea_Iank
4 Game Completed 547,113 bertsampson
5 5 516,704 Jandrem
6 3 150,657 Brock Landers
7 3 153,169 mbd39
8 2 91,814 JamesRobot
Participation
9 1 17,449 Commander Santa
10 1 18,885 Seppatoni
11 1 20,217 barrelsAndRivets
12 1 10,135 Ferris Bueller
13 1 12,014 ToxieRules
14 1 12,984 laddersandcakes
15 1 16,563 Krunch
16 1 17,669 SuperJimtendo
17 1 18,205 smick
18 1 0 arnpoly

Edited: 07/26/2016 at 06:47 AM by bertsampson

Jul 17, 2016 at 3:46:39 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

Just so everyone is aware, guillavoie will be handling the duties for the Ironsword contest this week starting on Monday since I will be on vacation. Any questions that anyone has should be forwarded to him. I will return to active contest duty on July 24.

Have a good vacation there buddy!

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jul 17, 2016 at 3:52:46 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

Finally, my reign of terror can finally begin, MOUHAHAHAHA...

Edited: 07/17/2016 at 03:54 PM by guillavoie

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:00:29 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil

What the heck are vacations?  

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:01:33 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Update.

Edited: 07/22/2016 at 01:34 AM by gutsman004

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:06:14 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: guillavoie

Woooooooowhoooooooo!!! Substitute teacherrrrrrrr!!!! Let's send him home crying!!!! Who's with me?!?!! 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 17, 2016 at 5:16:59 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Woooooooowhoooooooo!!! Substitute teacherrrrrrrr!!!! Let's send him home crying!!!! Who's with me?!?!! 

LOL, that's another way to see it I guess.

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:13:32 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

LOL, that's another way to see it I guess.

You know I love ya guillavoie   

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:14:53 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

This is all I could think of.  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Edited: 07/17/2016 at 06:16 PM by Mega Tank

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:12:42 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
So I guess point racking is allowed?

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:48:46 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
Originally posted by: gutsman004

I know most of the times it is hard to just point press without getting hit by random enemies, but maybe there's a few spots where point pressing is easy. If it is the case, we might have a problem.

We could switch rules immediately to furthest progression and low score, but this wouldmake the Sindarin's treasures useless. Maybe we could exceptionally do a furthest progression with highest score?

Thoughts ladies & gentlemen?

Edited: 07/17/2016 at 08:52 PM by guillavoie

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:02:39 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

I know most of the times it is hard to just point press without getting hit by random enemies, but maybe there's a few spots where point pressing is easy. If it is the case, we might have a problem.

We could switch rules immediately to furthest progression and low score, but this wouldmake the Sindarin's treasures useless. Maybe we could exceptionally do a furthest progression with highest score?

On IceFire mountain there are spots,one in particular,where you can literally just hold down on the controller and just squat there and rack up points with absolutely no fear of dying.

I did this earlier and got over a million points. I had about 570,000 prior to point racking....so it makes a huge difference!

The caveat to this is you have to get to the very last stage,so in a way you earned that right by slogging through the rest of the game,but then again this particular point racking spot essentially breaks the scoring since you could literally sit there and do it for as long as you wanted. It took me roughly 2 hours to point rack to one million.

While it would be cool to post a million point score,(I didn't even beat the game   ) it would not hurt my feelings if point racking were not allowed.

Edited: 07/17/2016 at 09:06 PM by gutsman004

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:08:40 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

On IceFire mountain there are spots,one in particular,where you can literally just hold down on the controller and just squat there and rack up points with absolutely no fear of dying.

I did this earlier and got over a million points. I had about 570,000 prior to point racking....so it makes a huge difference!

The caveat to this is you have to get to the very last stage,so in a way you earned that right by slogging through the rest of the game,but then again this particular point racking spot essentially breaks the scoring since you could literally sit there and do it for as long as you wanted. It took me roughly 2 hours to point rack to one million.

While it would be cool to post a million point score,(I didn't even beat the game   ) it would not hurt my feelings if point racking were not allowed.

Well, we'll have to go with lowest score then, which is quite challenging.

I'LL CHANGE THE RULES NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:11:56 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Can't say I have played this one much.
Lowest score and furthest progression will be a mighty challenge for me this week. I need to check if I have the cart here, but I will surely give this one a spin.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:14:12 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta

That might be best...I've been walking around not knowing where to go but killing tons of birds along the way out of necessity. Seems like this game lends itself to furthest progression.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:20:20 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Honestly point racking is not an issue until you get to the last stage and there are times when you have to do it somewhat if you run out of magic and you've ran out of places to find a cache of them. Of course most enemies give you jack squat for points. Like the frogs in the water stage give you a massive 8 points although they occasionally will drop magic bubbles which are worth 500.

I'm down with low score,progression,no point racking the last stage....whatever.

Edited: 07/17/2016 at 09:23 PM by gutsman004

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:36:00 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

Honestly point racking is not an issue until you get to the last stage and there are times when you have to do it somewhat if you run out of magic and you've ran out of places to find a cache of them. Of course most enemies give you jack squat for points. Like the frogs in the water stage give you a massive 8 points although they occasionally will drop magic bubbles which are worth 500.

I'm down with low score,progression,no point racking the last stage....whatever.

Indeed, I had hope that it wasn't an issue at all since you can get hit a lot in most places if you stay still, but I wasn't 100% sure cause I didn't completely test the game before choosing the rules. Since you found an easy spot, even in the final level, we're better to go with progression and low score. Anyway it is a good way to pllay the game, it is just sad that the Sindarin's treasures won't be important.

Edited: 07/17/2016 at 09:36 PM by guillavoie

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:58:57 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
I do not understand this game at all...definitely gonna sell it once this week is over.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:09:25 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

Indeed, I had hope that it wasn't an issue at all since you can get hit a lot in most places if you stay still, but I wasn't 100% sure cause I didn't completely test the game before choosing the rules. Since you found an easy spot, even in the final level, we're better to go with progression and low score. Anyway it is a good way to pllay the game, it is just sad that the Sindarin's treasures won't be important.

Do they do anything other than give you points? Also wondering if upgrading equipment does anything at all. For the most part it does not seem to,but again I haven't dug deeper into it. Just from playing it seems to be pretty much for visual aesthetics.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:19:59 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
They just give points, but a shitload of them compared to anything in the game. As for the equipment, it is really hard to get if they do something, but I think they do. The most obvious way to get it is by purchasing the diamond sword in the shop located in the forest in stage 2. It is much easier to kill stuff with that sword than with the one you have at this time of the game. The reach is obviously longer.

The shield and helmets seem to make it more likely that you don't get hit by projectiles. Some helmets might even help killing stuff with your head.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:21:27 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
I haven't played this game since I was a kid, and I didn't recall it being this unplayable. The combat is atrocious. I'm jumping around getting swarmed by enemies that I can barely hit with my stupid attack. And no jump attack? Really?

EDIT: Looks like you kill enemies when you jump as long as your sword touches them... ?

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Edited: 07/17/2016 at 11:52 PM by mbd39

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:25:18 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
he dOriginally posted by: guillavoie

They just give points, but a shitload of them compared to anything in the game. As for the equipment, it is really hard to get if they do something, but I think they do. The most obvious way to get it is by purchasing the diamond sword in the shop located in the forest in stage 2. It is much easier to kill stuff with that sword than with the one you have at this time of the game. The reach is obviously longer.

The shield and helmets seem to make it more likely that you don't get hit by projectiles. Some helmets might even help killing stuff with your head.

The diamond sword definitely is nice to have. If you find most of the secret rooms in the wind stage,you'll have enough to buy it provided you find a couple of secret rooms in the water stage. I'm playing a low score game right now and it looks like you'll save about 2,000 not collecting the money for that sword. Not sure if that's worth it or not. I shall find out.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:27:21 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Krunch

I do not understand this game at all...definitely gonna sell it once this week is over.

You might get a dollar for it.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion