Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Discuss

May 3, 2013 at 10:12:14 PM
Ouendan (1)
(Go play Gun Nac right now!!) < Lolo Lord >
California
Great article. My first introduction with the blue bomber was in the summer of 1989 when I first got my NES. Mega Man 1 was one of the very first games I remember renting from the local video store. I would anxiously wait for my dad to get home from work on Friday and I would go with him and my younger brother to the video store to go rent a "Nintendo game". I'm actually shocked that I wanted to rent MM considering how horrible the box art is. I probably made the decision based upon looking at the screenshots on the back of the box. This game is one of my favorite gaming memories and I recall waking up really early the next day (Saturday) and playing the game for hours and hours. The first stage I picked was probably Cutman's stage since the cursor defaults to him, and the music and level design of that particular stage is extremely memorable for me. I believe the furthest I got in the game during the rental period was to the Yellow Devil. That's pretty good considering that MM was one of the very first NES games I ever played. Anyways, thank you for sharing your story and long live Rock Man!