Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wii NDEV Developer's Kit. Anyone know anything?

Aug 11, 2018 at 9:59:12 PM
N3Dr. Gonzo (0)
< Cherub >
So, the picture attached is of a Wii NDEV kit that I bought recently from a retro store I frequent. Not gonna go into how much it cost me, because DANG. But literally all I know about it is the following:

1) It sat in a glass case in the store for about 7 years.
2) Prior to that, it was purchased by the storeowner at a retro game explo, where he said the unit was hooked up and being demonstrated when he purchased it.

Now, I have looked, and I can't find a whole lot of specifics on this device. I would like to know how I go about checking on the provenance of this device, as, at a minimum, I'd like to know if I can find out what developer it belonged to, so I can guess at what games were made on it. Beyond that, I'd like to know what stage in development it was used for, what might be needed to hook it up and get it working, and, most importantly of all, how do I check and see if there might be, hope against hope, any kind of data left over from the original developers. If there is something on here that can be yanked and preserved, it should be, and I don't want to mess to hard with this until I know that I'm not going to be destroying anything precious in its memory. Now, you'll see in the pic a CD in a white sleeve, the store owner who sold this to me says that is the software needed to use the device, but I haven't been able to get the disc to be read in either my laptop or my main PC.

TL;DR: I got this thing, and I don't know much about it. Anyone willing to teach me?

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:00:59 PM
N3Dr. Gonzo (0)
< Cherub >
Also, have no idea why my attached picture is upside down. Is that a regular thing around here? o.O

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:57:25 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Hopefully you didn't spend more then a couple hundred on it? There'snothing To be pulled off the device and the software you have is probably copied files off the internet that were online public leak. It's not the original cds or does it ya e the dev key you need. Most developers have in house I'd tags on the machines to keep track of inventory while in use. So other then that tag you are not going to have much luck finding out who owned it. The store ow we didn't get that info? If he had it in a glass case for 7 years it would make sense that he would have the most info on the previous owner being likely that he's the second owner.

-------------------------
FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.