Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bionic Commando Rearmed BC Remake

Jan 26, 2008 at 5:15:39 PM
pacowles (3)
(Phillip C) < Crack Trooper >
North Carolina

I'm sure many of you have heard about the upcoming Bionic Commando game being released for Xbox360/PS3, but I haven't seen anyone mention the 2D remake (BC Rearmed) yet. From what I understand, it is a remake of the NES version of BC that will have 2-player co-op and some new weapons/arm actions. The trailer (See link) shows it in action and it seems like it's gonna be pretty awesome. It will be released on PSN (ps3's store) and Xbox Live sometime in 2008 (I assume close to the release of the new BC game). Looks like a must-have for any classic NES fan, although I get the impression that many of you aren't really into the "next-gen" games/consoles. Personally, I can't wait for this one. The new BC game looks like it might not live up to it's NES predecessor's legacy, but this remake should be a blast. Anyone else excited about this?
Article Link
Trailer link for the lazy

-------------------------

Edited: 01/27/2008 at 01:53 PM by pacowles

Jan 26, 2008 at 6:35:41 PM
nesdude (122)
(Matt Yanders) < Ridley Wrangler >
Iowa
Dude I LOVE Bionic Commando... Why are they not releasing it on Wii? This is exactly the game I have been wanting for years but I cant buy another $300+ system for one game... Man it looks like its going to kick total ass too...

Jan 26, 2008 at 8:33:09 PM
Nintendonut1983 (26)
(Mark g) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
looks feakin sweet!!! i need a ps3

NES Game Count: 151

WTB: Flintstones: Surprise at dino peak - cart only-

Jan 27, 2008 at 1:00:27 AM
Muresan (12)
(Muresan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
Bionic Commando is the best game ever released. I will most definitely be picking it up in any format for any system anytime anywhere.

-Muresan

Jan 27, 2008 at 1:53:04 PM
pacowles (3)
(Phillip C) < Crack Trooper >
North Carolina

I assume it's not coming out for Wii because the new "next-gen" incarnation of Bionic Commando isn't going to be on Wii either. I think Rearmed is meant to be a hype-builder for the new BC. It's also being released exclusively (I think) on the console networks (Live/PSN) for download, and it will probably be a pretty large file (which wouldn't work well for Wii due to it's extremely limited internal storage capacity). Unfortunately, I think the Wii will miss out on a lot of cool games like this due to it's memory restrictions and being stereotyped as a "casual gamer's platform." Nintendo is also pretty picky about what they release and when they release it when it comes to the virtual console, which creates another hurdle for games like this to be available for download on the Wii.

Maybe by the time Rearmed is released they will have dropped the price of the ps3/xbox360 enough to make it possible for more poeple to check it out. It may be worth it to pick one up if there are other games you are interested in.

Feb 15, 2008 at 3:51:22 PM
Michael the Great (2)
(Michael the Great) < Little Mac >
United States
I read the title really fast and I saw "Bionic Commando Reamed", which is what I guess we will call it if it sucks. Hope it doesn't..

Reminds me of my favorite prank at college. Someone stole the i off the old "recital hall".

Feb 15, 2008 at 3:58:54 PM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
I'm not so hyped for the new Bionic Commando game, but I'm really excited for this. After watching the trailer, I think it looks like a pretty good blend of the old and the new.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

Feb 26, 2008 at 7:40:50 PM
Tirant77 (0)
(Thomas Shoults) < Cherub >
Tennessee
It will be available via XBox live and PSN, and on PC apparently. Only the PS3 will allow you to transfer it to your PSP remote play.

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:40:49 AM
Metroid (1)
(Bobby Yanders) < Cherub >
Iowa
It looks totally awesome! Too bad I have a Wii... It's all good though, I'll just con my friend into getting it then spend lots of time there

Snackidee... Snackaday... SNACKI-DIDLY DOOOO!!!!
I have delectible snackage on the line!

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:42:50 AM
nesdude (122)
(Matt Yanders) < Ridley Wrangler >
Iowa
I gotta play this game. I could care less about the 3D game I want to play the 2D one!

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:00:23 PM
NESJohnny (52)
(Johnny Johnny) < Kraid Killer >
California
Originally posted by: NES_Dude

I gotta play this game. I could care less about the 3D game I want to play the 2D one!

haha, agreed, though I'm excited to see the 3d nonetheless.

I love the "3d" sidescrollers--duke nukem manhattan project is one of my favorite post-SNES releases!