Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Would you join us for NA 2 - electric boogaloo A complete refresh to a site for modern times

Oct 18 at 12:05:16 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Outdoormongoose

Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Originally posted by: B.A.

^That's not how I read it Jone. "I'm not getting the same quality/pricing as I use to" He's mad that he gives out deals and other people don't.
I also read it as someone complaining they aren't getting killer deals as a buyer (despite giving them out as a seller).

Personally I haven't noticed that at all with the FS forum, but rather the fluctuations that happen when the market rises/lowers.  I've been here for quite some time and have dealt a ton, pricing has always seemed a hair under ebay.  Trading here is really where it was at (for me).

That's not what I meant.

We're all collectors and players. We're all looking to help eachother out either build their collections or find good games. It's just not a complaint, just what I've noticed happening in the time I've been here.

I can go to ebay or the local store and get the games for only a few dollars more with a warranty and instant return if something is wrong. 

Well to be fair, you labeled it as a "current problem" of the site with some form of expectation that it gets changed/resolved. 

And IMO, NA is literally no different than ebay when it comes to returning goods, both backed by Paypal unless you're sending as gift.

-------------------------

Oct 18 at 12:16:18 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Test test.

Oct 18 at 12:20:08 PM
Outdoormongoose (15)

< Little Mac >
Arizona

^That's not how I read it Jone. "I'm not getting the same quality/pricing as I use to" He's mad that he gives out deals and other people don't.
I also read it as someone complaining they aren't getting killer deals as a buyer (despite giving them out as a seller).

Personally I haven't noticed that at all with the FS forum, but rather the fluctuations that happen when the market rises/lowers.  I've been here for quite some time and have dealt a ton, pricing has always seemed a hair under ebay.  Trading here is really where it was at (for me).

That's not what I meant.

We're all collectors and players. We're all looking to help eachother out either build their collections or find good games. It's just not a complaint, just what I've noticed happening in the time I've been here.

I can go to ebay or the local store and get the games for only a few dollars more with a warranty and instant return if something is wrong. 

Well to be fair, you labeled it as a "current problem" of the site with some form of expectation that it gets changed/resolved. 

And IMO, NA is literally no different than ebay when it comes to returning goods, both backed by Paypal unless you're sending as gift.

I injected an example into it without fully marking it as problems is refering to all problems:

"It's just a new coat of paint with the same problems. The sale forum as largely dried up and I'm not getting the same quality/pricing as I use to. I was cutting dang good deals when I sold games and paid for half shipping. How is the new site going to change any of the current problems?"

I don't see how just making a new forum with the same people will solve any of the current issues plaguing the forum from what I said. It's just moving the problems to a new area. 

I mean if most people here now view this as another ebay, I'd rather just use ebay and have more buyer protection and the retail store for in person quick return/warranty. 

Oct 18 at 12:25:40 PM
3rdstrongestmole (19)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Anyone got a working link for discord invite?... Just in case

Oct 18 at 12:28:59 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Outdoormongoose, we can't solve the problems you're talking about with a new forum. I don't think anyone can. That ship sailed the moment Facebook collectable trade groups became a thing.

The new forum talk is simply because this forum is vulnerable to an attack that could bring it down, and some want to move to a more secure forum to continue discussions and maybe do some small scale buying/selling. And that's about all the plan is.

Oct 18 at 12:32:09 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois

That's not what I meant.

I injected an example into it without fully marking it as problems is refering to all problems:

"It's just a new coat of paint with the same problems. The sale forum as largely dried up and I'm not getting the same quality/pricing as I use to. I was cutting dang good deals when I sold games and paid for half shipping. How is the new site going to change any of the current problems?"

I don't see how just making a new forum with the same people will solve any of the current issues plaguing the forum from what I said. It's just moving the problems to a new area. 

I mean if most people here now view this as another ebay, I'd rather just use ebay and have more buyer protection and the retail store for in person quick return/warranty. 

When someone wants full eBay price on here I simply move on. I haven't really encountered much of what you're saying. However, I'm also trying to be fair compared to market value rather than trying to get an amazing deal. I had someone on here once try to significantly undercut me on something I had to sell. Needless to say, I just blocked them.

Oct 18 at 12:33:25 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota

Did we forget to mention?  No one who was ever a member on NA will be welcome on the new site... 

We have outlined in the first post and throughout the thread what making a new forum would accomplish.  There will also be an enhanced marketplace if that is all you care about. 

Oct 18 at 12:53:43 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Are you already complaining about the sales forum in a site that isnt even up yet?

The idea that there is some enforced "bro deal" that can be applied its fundamentally bullshit.

As soon as something is offered at a low price, some asshole will buy it to flip it.

Unless we end up like the neogeo forum where you harass every single new user to shows up to buy/sell and make them "prove" themselves with some ridiculous post qty or something.

Oct 18 at 1:04:43 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Gloves

Test test.
Could this have been to test the responses that don't display on a new page?  Such a weird prob.

Oct 18 at 1:10:31 PM
Outdoormongoose (15)

< Little Mac >
Arizona
Exactly what I'm talking about.

Asking a legit question, that will the same problems happening here also be occurring there... and I get snarky responses.

Good luck with the new forum.

Oct 18 at 1:16:08 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
My responses weren't snarky.

What you're talking about has plagued all forums. If you have a viable solution, I think we would all like to hear it.

But the more pressing issue is the lack of SSL and other outdated features that makes this forum vulnerable to any bored script kiddie that might happen along.

Oct 18 at 1:17:25 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

Asking a legit question, that will the same problems happening here also be occurring there... and I get snarky responses.

Was there a legit question?  Maybe I missed it, I saw the complaint about the sales prices and umbrella'd it under "current problems" - what other problems are you seeing?  That actually would be valuable info for the folks coordinating the new site, honestly asking on their behalf.

As for B.A.'s response, he was clearly joking and said there would be an enhanced marketplace which might be a great alternative to buying/selling on ebay.  The more the merrier, we need input from the community for helping to layout a forum that attempts to address any known problems within reason.  Be a part of the solution and the new community  .

Oct 18 at 1:18:01 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Honestly it's the internet. You get out what you put in, and you came off pretty negative in your posts. In fact you opened with saying that you don't intend to move over to the new forum.

I'd suggest in future trying to see the bright side of things, and rather than asking how a new site is going to help you, consider asking what you could do to make the new place better. It could be as simple as offering up a solution to the problems yeu perceive to be in the current forum or community.

We've taken to heart a lot of what people have asked for in planning the new place and I think people are going to like it a lot.

Oct 18 at 1:19:21 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky

Not getting a certain price point that you're looking for in the FS threads isn't a forum problem... Not sure why you'd think that it was?

The latest post not showing/page rollover issue IS a forum problem and IS the type of thing that will be addressed on the new "Non-NA" site. (we aren't permitted by ownership to fix anything on this current site)

Oct 18 at 1:22:13 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota

Was there a legit question?  Maybe I missed it, I saw the complaint about the sales prices and umbrella'd it under "current problems" - what other problems are you seeing?  That actually would be valuable info for the folks coordinating the new site, honestly asking on their behalf.

As for B.A.'s response, he was clearly joking and said there would be an enhanced marketplace which might be a great alternative to buying/selling on ebay.  The more the merrier, we need input from the community for helping to layout a forum that attempts to address any known problems within reason.  Be a part of the solution and the new community  .

Exactly.  I mean if a person doesn't like the people here and considers the community in general to be the "problem", then yeah, I guess nothing would be fixed by building a new site. 

Oct 18 at 1:37:25 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
This has been happening a lot lately:

User: "x" sucks about new site/this site/ mods/ other users
And
Im not going to join

Everyone: Jokes about User, comments about user's post

User: See this is why everyone sucks and Im not going to join. People on the internet are mean, and on NA are the meanest on the whole internet because I wasnt coddled and my behavior wasn't instantly positively enforced

Edited: 10/18/2019 at 01:38 PM by MrWunderful

Oct 18 at 1:53:06 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

And
Im not going to join

User: See this is why everyone sucks and Im not going to join. People on the internet are mean, and on NA are the meanest on the whole internet because I wasnt coddled and my behavior wasn't instantly positively enforced

Isn't that the point of this thread, though? To find out if people would be on board and if not, why?

The last part of your post is a valid complaint. Mods should have better tact than that. I get you guys are frustrated and all that, but there really isn't a reason to antagonize folks like that.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Oct 18 at 2:01:47 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: dra600n

And
Im not going to join

Isn't that the point of this thread, though? To find out if people would be on board and if not, why?

The last part of your post is a valid complaint. Mods should have better tact than that. I get you guys are frustrated and all that, but there really isn't a reason to antagonize folks like that.

Not sure how complaining about prices accomplishes that, but OK. 

And what I said (or BA or whatever) is considered Antagonistic? Because we commented about someone not getting bro deals anymore? Oh well. 

Oct 18 at 2:04:09 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

And
Im not going to join

Mods also shouldn't be shit on all the time, yet here we are.

Oct 18 at 2:08:19 PM
Outdoormongoose (15)

< Little Mac >
Arizona

And
Im not going to join

I was responding to a user that stated this community isn't well liked by other gaming communities. I gave an example of why this community isn't well liked from my perspective involving the sale forum. There are other reasons including the snarky comments and this post right here from a moderator.

if everyone doesn't like a person in the room, it's probably what that person is doing that causes it. If that person just goes to another open room and sets new rules, it doesn't stop people from disliking that person and no one is going to follow or very few. That person needs to fix their problems first then going to the new room if they want it to succeed. 

Again, my complaint about the Fs area is not about prices per se. It's about people no longer treating it like we're a community. If it's now like ebay or retail...I'll just go to ebay or retail for better protections. If I can't trust people won't try to scam or understate the quality of the item here then I have little faith in taking a chance with less protections.

Oct 18 at 2:10:13 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

And
Im not going to join

I was responding to a user that stated this community isn't well liked by other gaming communities. I gave an example of why this community isn't well liked from my perspective involving the sale forum. There are other reasons including the snarky comments and this post right here from a moderator.

if everyone doesn't like a person in the room, it's probably what that person is doing that causes it. If that person just goes to another open room and sets new rules, it doesn't stop people from disliking that person and no one is going to follow or very few. That person needs to fix their problems first then going to the new room if they want it to succeed. 

Again, my complaint about the Fs area is not about prices per se. It's about people no longer treating it like we're a community. If it's now like ebay or retail...I'll just go to ebay or retail for better protections. If I can't trust people won't try to scam or understate the quality of the item here then I have little faith in taking a chance with less protections.

What communities are these? Im a member of a lot of gaming communities, and its more specific "people" that I find dont care for NA. are you the spokesman for these communities? I would love to reach out to them. 

Edited: 10/18/2019 at 02:10 PM by MrWunderful

Oct 18 at 2:14:54 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Stupid quote feature. This is why we need to get a new home.  

Edited: 10/18/2019 at 02:18 PM by Tulpa

Oct 18 at 2:19:03 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

And
Im not going to join

Whether or not the mods have tact, the general vibe from some are that they want totally new management, even though the current mod group is spearheading the creation of the new place. I guess create a new forum, but then hand over the day to day to an unproven group?

Oct 18 at 2:21:26 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York

And
Im not going to join

dude, use the block function and you won't see any of the crap from User!

hey, so instead of everyone freaking out, calling everyone out on freaking out, rebuffing, corncobbing, etc.- can we get an update? 

1. Have we settled on a site name? 
2. what's the ETA? and this isn't a 'wtf why isn't it done already' question (before developers start crying)- I'm asking in an effort to manage expectations. a year? six months? when school's over? OR are we still in the planning phase?
3. outside of security improvements, what other features are you considering? what worked here on NA that you'd like to keep?

edit: ah balls capt stepped on me and this'll be lost. updates will keep chatter focused and productive!  

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Edited: 10/18/2019 at 02:23 PM by zi

Oct 18 at 2:21:40 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

And
Im not going to join

In fairness, it's always been like that for some people.   You're just seeing it more now since there's a smaller pool of sellers overall.

Well before you joined, there used to be a good 4+ pages of daily FS threads.   Pretty much since your join date, it's suprising to see a post fall to the second page before the day is out.

Also, there are still plenty of deals to be had.   You must have missed Sargon's killer deals on WiiU stuff.

Who knows what the new place will bring?