Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

After years of waiting...it is here and it's beautiful! Nothing to see here, just a case of Stadium Events

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:17:55 AM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Prices go up and prices go down. I remember when JPrex was unloading sealed games weekly. Prices dropped for a little but they are back where they were. As for SE there are 4 sealed/VGA out there and 1 cases as drcurtis said probably will stay sealed unless the current owner breaks it up. Most who would buy the case would leave in the current state, I know I would.

I'm not sure how much it relates to loose and CIB since sealed games are in a realm of their own but we have seen a pull back in loose carts. Either way I'm happy this has popped up as it has brought more attention to the game everyone loves to hate

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:15:29 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: jonebone

I don't want to derail the conversation with my +/- $5k comment. Some play in the number is normal statistical variation. Saying $40k +/- $5k is like saying a $100 game is $90-$110. Sure, you can give a point estimate of $100, but a range estimate gives a better indicator of value. The higher the value of the item, the more of a dollar wise fluctuation you can see.
Fair enough.

I was just pointing out that even thought the percentage range you're talking about is the same... $5k difference in value is real money.

The other interesting thing is that everybody assumes the contents of the carton are pristine...

We have no idea what condition they are actually in, beyond the obvious lack of water damage or crushing/impact damage to the carton.

But that says nothing of what condition the shrink wrap itself could be in... I could imagine range of storage conditions where the corrugated cardboard looks fine but the shrink wrap might shrink further and poke corners.

-------------------------

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:23:52 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
That's some mighty strong shrinkwrap. It doesn't happen arch. Corner pokes are from wear. LIke a coin where the first thing to get scratched is the point in highest relief, or a comic book where the first thing to get blunted is the corners, the wrap pokes the corner from handling. I've never seen a game in a sealed case that had a poked corner when the case was opened.    Unless he's storing them in a kiln or in a lake they are going to be just fine.    granted I've only opened so many cases, but I've never seen anything other than perfect contents unless someone used the case as a soccer ball or otherwise mistreated it.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 03/28/2016 at 12:25 PM by Bronty

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:42:10 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada
Originally posted by: Bronty

That's some mighty strong shrinkwrap. It doesn't happen arch. Corner pokes are from wear. LIke a coin where the first thing to get scratched is the point in highest relief, or a comic book where the first thing to get blunted is the corners, the wrap pokes the corner from handling. I've never seen a game in a sealed case that had a poked corner when the case was opened.    Unless he's storing them in a kiln or in a lake they are going to be just fine.    granted I've only opened so many cases, but I've never seen anything other than perfect contents unless someone used the case as a soccer ball or otherwise mistreated it.
now who in there right mind would play soccer with a sealed case of video games! LOL

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:48:20 PM
maximus_clean (147)
(Curtis S) < King Solomon >
Canada
Originally posted by: jonebone

If a sealed SE was $40k +/- $5k before this, it is still probably the same price after this. My point is that value isn't just market value today, it is market value + potential for future appreciation. When you see anything listed at a BIN with markup (like a $72k CIB SE), that seller is trying to price in some of the potential future appreciation into their ask price today. I'm arguing that the future appreciation has been impacted somewhat. Of course it is impossible to quantify, just my opinion.

But confirmed population does matter 100%. That is why many people would ask about a VGA population report before buying a VGA game. If I know a game is rare and I find out there's only 5 VGA copies, I'd be willing to spend more than if there were 20 VGA copies out there. Regardless of the population there will be a market price for the item, but buyer demand is the variable that will fluctuate.

Also, plenty of sealed collectors, possibly some of the same ones in this thread saying that "this case doesn't matter!", are on record as saying they hate Uncirculated stuff. I've seen comments like "I won't buy a U game, because I know there's 5 other copies in a similar grade out there." So in that case, they've admitted that knowing about the case has directly impacted their interest in the item, yet when it is SE, that logic goes out the window. People can believe what they want, I just find the hypocrisy amusing.

I'm in the camp of not wanting games with 'U' but do have some because at that time it was my only option. I think you and I had a discussion about this before. But that's when there are cases and cases coming out of the wood work. N64 titles pulling $125 for a 95grade (perfect Dark, yoshi, Hydro thunder) or SNES (Doom, SSFII) or NES (Friday the 13th etc). If a sealed case of something I really wanted came up that I need for my collection, crappy or rare, I'd buy the case or a copy of the game without hesitation.

Looking for VGA NES, SNES and more, have cash and many VGA to trade!

“Well, there is actual loss of cardboard in a spot or two”

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:53:30 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: maximus_clean

Originally posted by: Bronty

now who in there right mind would play soccer with a sealed case of video games! LOL

You're right, we should have played football with it instead

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:48:40 AM
Johnny5alive (2)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
In the best Brad Pitt impersonation possible, "WHATS IN THE BOOOXXXX?!!?"

NES - 120
N64 - 94
N.A N64 systems. - 7/9
CIB Famicom System & Disk Drive
Daiei Hawks and Jusco 30th Anniversary consoles
Nintower of Power (CIB Radnet N64DD - CIB CD64 - Z64 - Tristar)

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:15:12 AM
Ryder4864 (196)

(Michael D) < Kraid Killer >
Pennsylvania
I see that I'm late to the party. Absolutely amazing that someone has discovered a sealed case of Stadium Events (no matter when in time). I have a sealed Timewalk reproduction of SE only because I've come to terms that I won't own (nor pay the high prices for) a genuine SE CIB. Even my Timewalk SE was $400, but I needed a space holder in the collection.

But now there is hope for us collectors. By collectors, I mean those who only have one copy of a game and don't buy with the intent to resale. I am trying to get a full CIB NES set and I'm a hair under 70%. The next 30% will cost me at least 5 times what I have in the games now, especially if I purchase from eBay.

EDIT:  I forgot to thank Tim for allowing the picture to be posted.  Very awesome that he did that and I hope he realizes that there are people who appreciate the effort to protect us from those who collect for profit.

Everything is better CIB.

Edited: 03/30/2016 at 08:16 AM by Ryder4864

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:22:35 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
I've been lurking and this is a great little reveal! This wasn't much of a surprise as I always gave the OP the benefit of the doubt. Now if only I could find the warehouse that's full of sealed SE boxes I'd be set!

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:38:03 PM
PokemonVGA (2)
(Chris ) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
By any chance would you guys be selling one?? I am interested.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:21:20 PM
16BitBricks (1)
(Josh ) < Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Forget the SE case, I want to see proof of Tim Atwood! Is he real or just a myth? His collection sounds legendary! I think we'll find out who really shot JFK before we see the truth in this matter. It'd be cool if someone could make a documentary/book about him or at least the collection. This thread is the best read I've had in a while.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:31:23 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: PokemonVGA

I think they said earlier in the thread that there was no way Tim was going to open it. I believe the fact that he literally has something no one else does is worth more than the money to a sealed collector like him. 

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:03:41 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

I think they said earlier in the thread that there was no way Tim was going to open it. I believe the fact that he literally has something no one else does is worth more than the money to a sealed collector like him. 

Correct, they are not for sale. None of his cases are. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:01:00 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

If he has one, more than likely another exists out there, somewhere.  

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:03:31 AM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Till that proves true, I don't see why it should be assumed. I don't understand the logic.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:13:37 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
How many of the NWC golds do we know of? I think it's 12 of 26? That's a little less than half...I like to believe the same of sealed Stadium Events.

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:17:48 AM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
I got a call the other day. Someone had a find they thought I'd be interested in. They're not a video game person. They gave me the name and number to call. Turns out is was appx 50 cases of Atari 2600/7800 games. There's a lot out there yet to be found. Or, found and not known by the rest of us.

Edited: 03/31/2016 at 12:22 AM by MinusWorlds

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:31:01 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: tracker465

Well until someone else steps up with one, Thats the only one. 

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:35:40 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

Originally posted by: tracker465

Well until someone else steps up with one, Thats the only one. 

You don't get it, if one exist, a full pallet is likely to exist somewhere (kidding).

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:42:01 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
If a pallet exists, do we leave all the cases on it, or split them up?

Edited: 03/31/2016 at 12:42 AM by Tulpa

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:43:28 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Tulpa

No it goes directly to VGA right away....we need a sealed pallet graded.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:04:05 AM
compile_6502 (4)

< Eggplant Wizard >
It might be worth it to just sail the boat/container the pallette is on directly to the VGA graders and just grade the entire boat after clearing out all non stadium events items of course

Edited: 03/31/2016 at 01:04 AM by compile_6502

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:20:21 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Haha, the joke already met its full capacity.

Edit : Looks like compile 6502 found a way to put it even further, but the bubble is about to burst for sure now.

Edited: 03/31/2016 at 01:22 AM by guillavoie

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:32:06 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: guillavoie

Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Haha, the joke already met its full capacity.

Edit : Looks like compile 6502 found a way to put it even further, but the bubble is about to burst for sure now.
What about getting the guy who actually drove the lift that carried the pallets corpse graded?

"Only guy known to lift a pallet of sealed SE cases corpse....graded".

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:36:36 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
POP! (the bubble officially bursts)