Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Help w/ gamereproductions.com Placed order 3/2017, still haven't received it!

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:00:02 AM
BostonItalian88 (69)

(Mike Corrado) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Hi All,

I placed an order on gamereproductions.com back in March and have still not received my purchase. I have followed up with the site numerous times and have only received automated messages and quick responses from one of the guys asking "What was your order number again?" or "What games did you order?" and then after telling them I get no further response. Is there anyone who is able to help with this? This is not a hit and I am not looking/wishing for any physical harm or anything to these guys (haha) but just some additional contact info or if someone does use this site a lot do they have more pull with them and could throw in a good word and help get this wrapped up? I've ordered from them before and have given tons of donor carts to them and while it has taken some time to receive those orders, it has never, ever been this bad.

Thanks for your time and support, it's greatly appreciated!

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:37:57 AM
MrPete1985 (43)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
From what I understand this practice is not uncommon from them. I remember they had an honorable mention in the old HoS thread because they were know for this but did not deal on this site.

I would contact bank or paypal and open a dispute

-------------------------
Just about anything you would want to know about SNES repros
The best SNES PCBs you can buy
Mask ROM Adapter Boards
Fixing stuff on my YouTube channel

I fix game cartridges and make repros.  Send a PM If you are interested in my services.

Dec 2, 2017 at 5:02:27 PM
BostonItalian88 (69)

United States
I used credit to the site for most of it so they wouldn't be much help I don't think, I appreciate the suggestion though

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:04:27 PM
ugopoopy (30)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Yeah I had the same trouble when I ordered from him a while back. Just keep pestering him.
Try telling him you're gonna open a dispute with the bank. He responded pretty quick when I told him that. 
Although even then I still had to make the threat a couple of times. 

My NES collection
Working toward a complete set. 
WTB/TF any and all games I don't have. 
FT/FO thread
WTB/TF for Sega Saturn games

Edited: 12/02/2017 at 06:08 PM by ugopoopy

Dec 7, 2017 at 9:56:40 AM
wiggyx (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: BostonItalian88

I used credit to the site for most of it so they wouldn't be much help I don't think, I appreciate the suggestion though

Originally posted by: ugopoopy

Yeah I had the same trouble when I ordered from him a while back. Just keep pestering him.
Try telling him you're gonna open a dispute with the bank. He responded pretty quick when I told him that. 

www.rosecoloredgaming.com     Instagram   Facebook     

Dec 7, 2017 at 10:03:54 AM
jacob... (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: wiggyx

"its not all about dat 'tendo   "

link to my wanted
link to my for trade

Edited: 12/07/2017 at 10:04 AM by jacob...

Dec 7, 2017 at 10:30:42 AM
wiggyx (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: jacob...

As in store credit, hence why the OP said "so they wouldn't be much help"

www.rosecoloredgaming.com     Instagram   Facebook     

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:49:38 AM
ugopoopy (30)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York

Originally posted by: ugopoopy

Yeah he also said "for most of it" which means he could dispute some portion of it. Besides that, if this guy can't keep track of his orders do you really think he can keep track of the payment methods people are using? It's worth making the threat even if it's an empty one. 

My NES collection
Working toward a complete set. 
WTB/TF any and all games I don't have. 
FT/FO thread
WTB/TF for Sega Saturn games

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:31:28 PM
BostonItalian88 (69)

United States
Definitely fair, my cash contributions were like 2 bucks but it's definitely worth the shot

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:43:05 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
I'm surprised no one has filed complaints with the FTC on these guys yet. I would if I were you.

Dec 8, 2017 at 1:35:49 PM
BostonItalian88 (69)

United States
Originally posted by: SwiftFrost

I'm surprised no one has filed complaints with the FTC on these guys yet. I would if I were you.

What's the FTC?

Dec 8, 2017 at 1:43:56 PM
Ice Man (22)

< Meka Chicken >
Germany

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:00:37 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
the content of their business is illegal, so reporting it to a government agency is kind of the nuclear option. it's likely nobody would come out ahead on that.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:02:07 PM
BigHero1006 (26)
< Meka Chicken >
Nebraska

Hi All,

I placed an order on gamereproductions.com back in March and have still not received my purchase. I have followed up with the site numerous times and have only received automated messages and quick responses from one of the guys asking "What was your order number again?" or "What games did you order?" and then after telling them I get no further response. Is there anyone who is able to help with this? This is not a hit and I am not looking/wishing for any physical harm or anything to these guys (haha) but just some additional contact info or if someone does use this site a lot do they have more pull with them and could throw in a good word and help get this wrapped up? I've ordered from them before and have given tons of donor carts to them and while it has taken some time to receive those orders, it has never, ever been this bad.

In March??  Wow! 

It’s a Nintendo Entertainment System….If I wanted to play Sega I’d call your sister!

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:21:09 PM
Meathook33 (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: BigHero1006

Hi All,

In March??  Wow! 

Hah, march...listen to my story. I registered to this forum just to leave a response here.

In Februar 2016 (yes, really) I placed two orders for a SNES game + multicartridge and the other order was for a NES game which cost me ~156$ in total. I payed via Amazon gift card because I live in Germany and thought it would be the easiest method for me. I've ordered from gamereproductions.com before and received my orders back then so I trusted them.
The NES game actually arrived a few months later! However it didn't work   so I told him and well...it took him a while to respond. He wanted me to lift the side of the cartridge slightly if I was playing with a toploader (so I guess if I was using the original US/PAL NES, I was fucked?!). Well, I actually bought a Famicom toploader with an adapter not long after, tried the NES game with it and...didn't work. So I tried to contact him again about this but didn't receive a response for months.
At some point, a year passed and I haven't gotten my other order and I still had a nonfunctional NES game. And on top of that, the information on their website about my order disappeared! Apparently every order gets deleted after one year. But at the same time, I finally received a response. The person told me to place my orders again and send them the broken NES game. At some point I asked if the NES game arrived and I received a mail simply saying "Yep its here". that was on 05/10/2017. I haven't received any responses since then.
When I now try to contact them via mail, I always get an automated response saying "Will have limited email access for a few days.  Will reply when I can. ". Heh, a few days...it has been MONTHS ffs!!
And if I try to contact them via the "Contact" tab on their website, I get an error message to my mail account that the message could not be send.

So just fyi, do not order from gamereproductions.com. Way too unreliable and a waste of money. I'm just gonna order repros from aliexpress from now on.

Dec 14, 2017 at 6:34:22 PM
BostonItalian88 (69)

United States
We should report this guy, he's brutal

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:26:42 AM
BostonItalian88 (69)

United States
I emailed him again last night letting him know that if this isn't resolved by the end of the year then I'd be reporting him to usps and his local authorities. Someone on another site was able to help me find personal info on the guy, are you interested in seeing it?

Dec 18, 2017 at 2:03:36 PM
Meathook33 (0)

< Cherub >
Thanks, but I know where he lives. He gave me his address when I had to send back my NES game.
Unless that's a different one?

Also, what happens when you write him a mail? Do you also get this automated response?

Dec 19, 2017 at 12:27:31 AM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California

Hi All,

I've been waiting years for my order! xD

This is a common practice from GameReproductions.com, and at this point perhaps we should all take some kind of legal action?

http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Edit: I should metion he asked me those same exact question before never responding to me again. Only after a ton of messages and threatening legal action did he send me about 6 reproductions which is far from the $1,200 in store credit I spent.

Edited: 12/19/2017 at 12:28 AM by Armageddon Potato

Dec 19, 2017 at 12:50:56 PM
BostonItalian88 (69)

United States
I told him I was contacting his local authorities as well as godaddy.com if he doesn't send me my stuff by the new year.

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:31:18 AM
disgruntledbuyer (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
Yep, I haven't received my order yet either. I placed an order earlier this year and I've emailed him many times since then. The last few months I've mostly just gotten his auto-away response.

I wonder if we all need to take legal action?

Edited: 12/22/2017 at 04:43 AM by disgruntledbuyer

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:01:54 AM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Wow, some really shady shit going on over there huh. I was going to order from them but decided to go with OCD repro instead for this exact reason. I asked a couple members on the board and the first question asked was "do you need the games in a specific time frame, if not I wouldn't use gamereproductions.com. I ordered my first hack 14 days ago from OCD repro (super Metro phazon hack, black clear case with holographic label), and I got it about 2 days ago. He said it would take longer but beat his own advertised turn around time. That really sucks as that must have been A lot of donor carts and shipping, I'll make sure to keep my limited repro business at OCD then.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:03:04 AM
NathanOfLight (67)
(Nathan H.) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: disgruntledbuyer

Yep, I haven't received my order yet either. I placed an order earlier this year and I've emailed him many times since then. The last few months I've mostly just gotten his auto-away response.

I wonder if we all need to take legal action?

I wonder just how much action a person could take, given that reproductions aren't exactly legal, and one could argue that most buyers knew this beforehand... which I'd imagine could get the buyer in some trouble too, depending.

Not that I'm saying any of you deserved this - I'm genuinely curious how it'd go, is all.

Regardless, when I had issues I sent him messages on AOL Messenger and eventually it was resolved. But that service just went away, so it won't help you much. Perhaps contacting him via FB (his personal page or if GR website has one) multiple times would help?

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:20:44 AM
MrPete1985 (43)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
If you guys know his web hosting service and payment service you could report him there.

Stop others from getting robbed

Just about anything you would want to know about SNES repros
The best SNES PCBs you can buy
Mask ROM Adapter Boards
Fixing stuff on my YouTube channel

I fix game cartridges and make repros.  Send a PM If you are interested in my services.

Dec 22, 2017 at 7:28:34 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Lincoln

the content of their business is illegal, so reporting it to a government agency is kind of the nuclear option. it's likely nobody would come out ahead on that.

who would've thought profiting off someone else's intellectual property would be bad

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032