Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Small Scores Thread / Mail Day Arrivals - part 2

Mar 16, 2018 at 2:28:14 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
I had a fruitful thrift store stop after work last night. Everything below cost me about $11 after sales tax.

-------------------------
My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:51:15 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Got this beaut in today. I had played it for maybe 5 minutes on Pi before but have wanted it for years. Pretty fun game, actually. Helmet Skull is kicking my ass.

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:09:55 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Went to a game store today and picked up M.C Kids, MULE, and Mutant Virus. Woo.

Mar 24, 2018 at 11:08:39 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
M.C kids is one of my favorites

Check out my game collection here:
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:41:57 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Just showing off the pair of games I picked up during Ebay's 20% off sale earlier this month.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Mar 31, 2018 at 6:01:18 PM
fusoyaff2 (44)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Just picked up Last Crusade Ubisoft CIB for $60 at Video Games NY. Box is a little beat up but manual and cartridge are mint. I'm guessing they priced it thinking it was either Taito version or maybe Temple of Doom?

Also got James Bond Jr CIB for $30 in same sale.

Apr 2, 2018 at 5:11:09 PM
knightriderce (115)
(I am Groot ) < El Ripper >
Minnesota
I ordered a "used- acceptable" Kirby Dream collection for the Wii and it arrived from Amazon prime sealed. The outer cardboard box was worn and stickered but the contents were untouched... swish!

Apr 4, 2018 at 11:35:53 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
I took my lunch hour from work today to make a run to my bank. On the drive back, I stopped in a Savers I was passing by to take a quick look around. I lucked out in that the store must've just restocked the media aisle, I got first pickings on some good stuff. The games averaged out to about $7 each, I paid $80 overall.

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:49:52 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Over the weekend I swung by the new Land of Electronics South Easton location to check out their stock. I brought some stuff to trade and after looking around for a bit, grabbed some games I don't own yet. Prices were as expected, no deals here except decent trade value and I have about $60 of a pre-paid debit gift card from last x-mas I had forgotten about until this week.

Edited: 04/22/2018 at 10:56 PM by teh lurv

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:47:57 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Kinda a small score: While I was at a game shop over the weekend, I noticed the store had a repro of Rendering Ranger R2 on sale for $20. Not a bad deal considering repros generally cost that much to make IIRC.

May 1, 2018 at 7:56:39 PM
RabbidRabbit (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Found this today think I might have overpaid.

May 1, 2018 at 9:05:23 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: RabbidRabbit

Found this today think I might have overpaid.

You definitely overpaid for Super Bomberman 2. I will buy it off you for the same amount amd pay for shipping so you can erase the bad purchase of Super Bomberman 2 from your mind.  

Nice finds.  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

May 12, 2018 at 1:44:41 PM
RabbidRabbit (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Today my local game store( Video Game Trader Buford, Ga.) held its 2nd annual free game day. They basically put some stuff in a bag with one game of your choice of platform. Pretty much stuff that hasn't sold and probably wont(not complaining). This is a really good way to get rid of stuff sitting around for them, plus people were buying stuff also. They had a 20 sided die and based on your roll you could win other prizes. I took my wife and kid so we got 3 bags and 3 rolls of the dice(very exciting). My wife rolled a 17 which netted one of the top prizes she(I) chose a Hyperkin Super Retron HD(My Super took a poo). The kid rolled a 18 which also netted a top prize he didn't see anything he really wanted so I chose a ET NES cart(I'm not big on non licensed but I wanted ET and didn't want to buy an ATARI). I rolled a crappy 14 which was 40% off any used item. I didn't really have anything in my want list so I just used it on a GameGear $2 bin cart. I wanted a Gamecube Gameboy player but he didn't have it. We chose to get 2 Xbox1 bags and a NES bag. The Xbone bags had the same game and I already have the Fabio game but it was fun and we really had a good time. It was well worth the couple hours and waking up early.

On with the pic.

May 13, 2018 at 10:14:11 AM
yecul (17)

(Cameron ) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Random garage sale yesterday with a random assortment of nick nicks and the like had exactly one dvd, Mulan 2, and one video game, Phantasy Star gamecube. Complete and in great shape.

May 17, 2018 at 12:03:45 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
A woman at my workplace was looking to sell her kid's old 3DS and library. I got in contact with her and agreed to buy the lot for $110. Not a bad price considering everything is in decent shape and CIB.

Jun 13, 2018 at 1:08:18 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
I had a game-hunting first yesterday: I found my first sealed Gameboy game in the wild. The seal/box is in pretty good shape except for a dent on one side in the back. Unfortunately, the thrift store in question has been checking prices online and I had to pay $45 to get it. Still, that isn't a bad price and when am I going to find another sealed Gameboy game in the wild again?

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:04:18 PM
fusoyaff2 (44)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Thrift Store down the street from me got a set of CIB Genesis games in, each was priced at $3.49. Picked up the whole lot, aside from some duplicates:

Altered Beast
David Robinson's Supreme Court
Dynamite Duke
James Buster Douglas Knockout Boxing
Outrun
Sonic 3
Super Thunder Blade
Twin Cobra
World Championship Soccer

I don't really do much Genesis collecting, aside from the games I specifically seek out to play, but according to collection.gamevaluenow.com some of these are going for $20-30

Jun 16, 2018 at 1:57:58 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: teh lurv

Over the weekend I swung by the new Land of Electronics South Easton location to check out their stock. I brought some stuff to trade and after looking around for a bit, grabbed some games I don't own yet. Prices were as expected, no deals here except decent trade value and I have about $60 of a pre-paid debit gift card from last x-mas I had forgotten about until this week.

Belated congratulations. W&W III is super tough to find and that label doesn't seem bad for a Acclaim label either.

May the force be with you.

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:40:43 PM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Pick ups from today at my local game store. This was my first trip to the store as I'm new to the area and was surprised by their selection. They even had a homebrew/hack section. They also has a CD-i Zelda game if anybody really needs it.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Edited: 06/25/2018 at 08:47 PM by dragonwarrior83

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:53:28 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: dragonwarrior83

Pick ups from today at my local game store. This was my first trip to the store as I'm new to the area and was surprised by their selection. They even had a homebrew/hack section. They also has a CD-i Zelda game if anybody really needs it.

Nice, Fire n' Ice is awesome  

SW-6786-5095-2210

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:59:15 PM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Originally posted by: empire

Originally posted by: dragonwarrior83

Nice, Fire n' Ice is awesome  

I was surprised by the 8 bit x-mas for $40, lol. I've never even played Solomon's key yet so I'll give it a whirl, I bought it just because I've never seen it before. My wife grilled me, "so, your saying you spent $160 on a game you've never played and your not even a fan of the genre?", ummm yeah I did.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:47:34 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Going threw a friends family attic. Asked about the crate. They said take it. Free. Not 10,000 bucks worth of drugs being smuggled, but it’s my first Atari lot!! 
Ps: if you didn’t watch that finders keepers golf and roller games find its NUTS!
https://imgur.com/a/Ik32Ecm

“Be quiet brain, or ill stab you with a Q-tip” ~Homer Simpson 

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:00:06 PM
Laseki (75)
(mooga moon) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Snagged these 4 from a local shop for super cheap, 50 cents for a tail gator manual seems like a solid find lol

All I do is speedrun Megaman X games honestly.
http://www.twitch.tv/laseki...
https://twitter.com/LasekiSP...
https://www.youtube.com/user/Lase...

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:46:27 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Laseki

Snagged these 4 from a local shop for super cheap, 50 cents for a tail gator manual seems like a solid find lol

Id say so.

sick

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:22:29 AM
Lando452 (9)
< Meka Chicken >
Nevada
Scored this new 3DS XL with charger 4GB microSD card and 4 games the only thing missing is the stylus, Majoras mask was still sealed, all for $80.

NO CART LEFT BEHIND
My collection.
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...
My Trades
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 07/09/2018 at 12:15 PM by Lando452