Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew Convention Quest Only at Let's Play Gaming Expo

Jul 30 at 6:32:20 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Everything is boxed up and protected. Just waiting for the carts to arrive!

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jul 30 at 9:18:28 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

HYPE!!!

Aug 04 at 3:31:41 PM
Nicbball22 (11)

< Little Mac >
Alabama
Anyword if any extras made it past the convention?

Aug 04 at 3:40:31 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
I think it's this coming weekend but if I'm wrong I'm also interested.

Aug 04 at 3:54:24 PM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia

And just a week to go! If we want to meet you to say hi, can we find you at the merch booth or anywhere else in particular?

Aug 04 at 5:04:31 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: Nicbball22

Anyword if any extras made it past the convention?

It's August 9-11, so one week to go!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Aug 04 at 5:06:24 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: Scrobins09
And just a week to go! If we want to meet you to say hi, can we find you at the merch booth or anywhere else in particular?

I will most likely be at The Wizard tournament or the main stage/stream all weekend. Convention Quest will be available at the merch booth and since I won't be there, they will be on there own and if they sell out, I won't know till the end of the day! That'll be interesting.

I believe the plan is to put out 100 each day, 50 of each color.

Aug 07 at 8:14:49 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I fly out tomorrow for Texas. Woot!

Aug 07 at 4:54:44 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

Originally posted by: Scrobins09

I will most likely be at The Wizard tournament or the main stage/stream all weekend. Convention Quest will be available at the merch booth and since I won't be there, they will be on there own and if they sell out, I won't know till the end of the day! That'll be interesting.

I assume there is no way to reserve a copy? I am going, but I am famous for getting to places just in time for someone to tell me "we just sold the last one."

Aug 07 at 9:57:05 PM
Indo (4)
(Chris ) < Crack Trooper >
New Jersey
I won't be able to attend, but like some others said, I am also interested in a copy. If someone grabs an extra, send me a message.

Deadeye.bit        Twitter       Instagram

Aug 08 at 2:23:08 AM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Put me on the list of if anyone can grab an extra copy for me. I would kill to have a copy especially with a little detail I know about the game.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Aug 08 at 1:28:29 PM
eric.of.troy (99)
(... Eric?) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Make that another! Id love a copy if anyone is able to pick up an extra. Unfortunately I cannot make it.

I do custom things!!  -->  Eric's Sales Thread

Aug 11 at 3:00:44 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Played a bit of it at LPGE. Picked up a copy of both colors. Very neat game!! Love it.

Aug 11 at 4:00:16 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
You got the extra to sell to me right for a small profit  

Aug 11 at 7:55:05 PM
Indo (4)
New Jersey

Did they sell out or are you taking some orders on NA?

Edited: 08/16/2019 at 12:56 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Aug 12 at 6:19:41 PM
Nicbball22 (11)

< Little Mac >
Alabama
 I know im chomping at the bit

Aug 15 at 9:02:39 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Convention is over and I still have some copies left. While I tried to get you all to come out because it was amazing, I did write down everyone's name and made a list of who wanted copies and set them aside. I'm still exhausted from the weekend and load-out in the Texas heat, but I'll get orders going next week.

Also, finally got to play it. Gotta say, nothing out there quite like it. I don't like being hipster, but damn if this thing isn't meta. References to other conventions, jokes about working cons, guest appearances from other homebrews?! There is a lot in here, Beau did a great job and I'm not even close to halfway through it. A lot to explore. Couldn't be happier with the final result.

Italics for everyone!

Edited: 08/15/2019 at 09:03 AM by Ferris Bueller

Aug 15 at 10:34:14 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Hipster... hahaha. Only you and my grandma think so  . Thanks for the comments though!

Just to note, Tim from Retrotainment helped with nearly every aspect of the game as well, from writing to drawing graphics to laying out rooms and making design decisions. He also did the sfx, while HumanThomas nailed it with the main soundtrack. I also have to give a huge thanks to INL for helping me finish the physical production on time. I was one click away from buying a plane ticket to Texas and assembling the games at the show, but Paul really came through and worked out some fixes. The kicker? I wasn't even using his boards! Talk about a swell guy.

I have been pretty quiet in this thread in order to focus on finishing on time, but also because the scope of the game was changing on a daily basis. I was still tidying up some things the morning that the first 100 games shipped, and writing things like the intro text. There was a lot more that I had planned, and tons had to be cut to hit the date target, but I'm happy with how it turned out. The goal was to create an engaging virtual experience of a convention, and in that I think we succeeded. My hope is to grow the series in fundamental ways with each installment, but the base is solid at this point. Where will the Convention Quest go next, and what will be added? Time will tell, but for those that play it feel free to reach out to me with comments, concerns, criticisms, and any and all feedback. Thanks for the interest all, and thanks for playing!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Aug 15 at 10:58:04 AM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Convention Quest 2: The Conventioning!

Aug 15 at 11:08:14 AM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California

Convention is over and I still have some copies left. While I tried to get you all to come out because it was amazing, I did write down everyone's name and made a list of who wanted copies and set them aside. I'm still exhausted from the weekend and load-out in the Texas heat, but I'll get orders going next week.

Also, finally got to play it. Gotta say, nothing out there quite like it. I don't like being hipster, but damn if this thing isn't meta. References to other conventions, jokes about working cons, guest appearances from other homebrews?! There is a lot in here, Beau did a great job and I'm not even close to halfway through it. A lot to explore. Couldn't be happier with the final result.

Italics for everyone!
Put me on that waiting list  

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Aug 15 at 11:18:45 AM
Indo (4)
New Jersey

I did write down everyone's name and made a list of who wanted copies and set them aside.

You da the man!

Aug 15 at 11:32:50 AM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: Indo

I did write down everyone's name and made a list of who wanted copies and set them aside.

You da the man!
Save Ferris!

Aug 15 at 1:04:01 PM
DarkKobold (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Utah
Hit me up too please.

Aug 15 at 1:04:55 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
attempting to end the italics train.

Aug 15 at 7:46:49 PM
Ausden (13)
(Jonathan ) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina

Nice! Ready when you are.