http://www.andynes.zoomshare.com

Edited: 10/19/2007 at 05:26 PM by 350f

Oct 19, 2007 at 5:28:48 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
bet it doesnt last long

-------------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Oct 19, 2007 at 6:01:54 PM
Little Samson (27)
(D H) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Oh, this looks familiar! This is the one I bought and returned (original auction here). Looks like he used an actual picture this time -- if you look on the left side of the cart, you can kind of see the marker vestiges and scrubbed surface.

Oct 19, 2007 at 6:13:37 PM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin

its sold allready, someone bought it now...  why did u return it??? u can clearly see the marker in your auction pick! and it was only $96 not a bad price...

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Oct 19, 2007 at 6:17:10 PM
Little Samson (27)
(D H) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
In the original auction pic? Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't see any marker at all. Are you sure we're talking about the same picture? (I attached the one I'm talking about below)

The reason I returned it is that the last several BB2's in good condition had averaged below $90; his auction made no mention of the marker/surface issue, and the picture really is different from the actual item. Notice the silver sticker in the picture, and there were also some remnants of other rental stickers elsewhere on the cartridge I received, which made it pretty clear to me it was a different cart.

I asked him to knock a few bucks off the price, but he was only willing to do a full refund. I normally wouldn't be so picky about this, but for $100, the item should match the description. In the end, I'm happy with the way it worked out, and I'm sincerely happy for him that he listed it with an actual picture and got a good price for it.

Edited: 10/19/2007 at 07:10 PM by Little Samson

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:13:49 PM
skem (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(jared ayo) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
So what exactly is wrong with this cart?  I am the person who just bought it

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:23:02 PM
Little Samson (27)
(D H) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Originally posted by: skem

So what exactly is wrong with this cart? I am the person who just bought it

It plays very well, and the label is really good, but there's some marker on the left side of the front and a bit of resurfacing where the marker was partially cleaned off. It's not too bad though; if the auction had been presented initially the way it was when you bid on it, I would probably have bid on it too. Most of the problem was just the difference from the inital description/picture. So, no worries — I hope I didn't say anything above that worried you D-:

Also, I've done business with this guy in the past, so you shouldn't have any problem.

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:24:45 PM
nes_king (63)
Wisconsin
yeah dude there is black marker on the top right side about one inch by 1/2 inch in the pic u posted!!!

skem it looks like the seller just removed a bit of marker from it.. thats all, just hope he did a good job of it..

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:27:19 PM
Little Samson (27)
(D H) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Originally posted by: nes_king

yeah dude there is black marker on the top right side about one inch by 1/2 inch in the pic u posted!!!

skem it looks like the seller just removed a bit of marker from it.. thats all, just hope he did a good job of it..

Oh, that's a silver rental sticker, I think. The marker on the one I received was on the left side.

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:29:17 PM
nes_king (63)
Wisconsin
huh... looks like marker... if u know what u are doing and have some time, u can actyally get those silver rental stickers off, and do a good job of it... i kno wi have taken a few off in my day...

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:32:40 PM
Little Samson (27)
(D H) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Yeah, exactly what I thought when I bought it — silver rental stickers are no problem, unless they're on the label or something.

Oct 19, 2007 at 8:56:36 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Usually I can get marker off just by taking a sturdy pencil and rubbing the eraser on it. Rub it hard enough to create heat and friction and usually even the most stubborn sharpie marker will come off with enough effort.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Oct 19, 2007 at 9:11:23 PM
jaredkk (57)
(Jared Klinger) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

So what exactly is wrong with this cart?  I am the person who just bought it

Little Samson, didn't you say the surface was damaged when the original seller tried removing the marker.  Marker is removable, but surface damage is irreversible.

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:28:14 AM
Little Samson (27)
(D H) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Originally posted by: jaredkk

So what exactly is wrong with this cart? I am the person who just bought it

Little Samson, didn't you say the surface was damaged when the original seller tried removing the marker. Marker is removable, but surface damage is irreversible.

Yeah, unfortunately. That's the resurfacing I mentioned above...