Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:30:38 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I am going to go with D Bryan hehe

People are free to bid on whatever they want, that has always been the case. When you pass on something for a friend it is just a show of respect. I have big againist Dain on items before. I usually call him up and tell him good luck and then talk a little trash about how I am going to win, lol. Do I pass on stuff for my friends, of course I do. I passed on a Dk -CAN cause Erik was bidding tonight, and he generally does the same in return for me. Not mandatory, but more of a show of good faith.
~~NGD

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 11, 2007 at 4:56:54 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I don't normally worry about it if it's something that will turn up again, and I'm not actively hunting it. If I'm looking specifically for an item, I have no problems bidding against a friend, but if it's something I don't really care about then I'm likely going to wait for it. Keeps my spending under control

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:19:55 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
And then why do you think that Braveheart wins most auctions he bids on,becuase everyone backs down to him.He probably loves this becuase he can build a great collection for cheap,while the rest of us get to fight over the remaning things.I thinks it is total b.s not to bid on something regardless of how hard it is to find, just so someone with 2 cib copys of every nes game can have a third to make more money off of to finance other purchases.I never understood why someone who already has everything for nes deems it nessacary to bid up lots with cib games aginst people who really NEED them for there collection, not to sell so the can have 3 copys Stadium Events.Nothing aginst Braveheart but thats just how I feel on the subject,There is no friends in the E-bay game.

Edited: 08/11/2007 at 09:20 AM by NOFRIENDO-banned

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:02:24 AM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Justabum - as for your option, its hard to tell man, this whole ebay thing is getting crazy anymore. i believe we all should just bid on what we want. But cut back on this "haha im the first bidder back off" theory.

Nistle - And yes dustin dont ya miss the good ole days of getting some BIN's added. lol. Man that was always fun, cant do that anymore with everyone throwing bids on stuff the second it gets listed, and then it ends for an insane price and a few of these new ebay people bid it through the roof.

NOFRIENDO - I feel your pain bro, its getting VERY VERY hard for us lower income collectors to even win anything "good" off ebay because some collectors keep buying the same things that come up for sale. I believe Braveheart calls it "upgrading". But i see him bidding on pretty much ANY lot of CIB games. ANY. whether they are beat up or not. And hes my friend and i dont want to outbid him because im afraid he'll turn around and start outbidding me on stuff i realy want just because he can lol.

Although i always notice he bids on stuff but then never wins, and that really sucks because i see some stuff he bids all over, dont win, and then i miss out cause i didnt wanna bid against em. And all his bids did was raise the price, and sare off a few of his buddies lol. :-(

So as i said, this whole staking claims theory is bogus, especially on every single lot of CIB games that ever gets listed.
-Mark

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Edited: 08/11/2007 at 10:04 AM by Parpunk

Aug 11, 2007 at 11:43:22 AM
raregamergirl (24)
(Sara Holmquist) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
I was going to definitely put a nice snipe in near the end, but part of a deal I made was to sit this one out. Hopefully that person wins this one! One of the few things I still need, but I can wait for the next one. Wish I had not sold the one I had.....

Aug 11, 2007 at 11:56:34 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Again, Sara, I thank you . I will also say this, that you can have the next one, even if it's complete, because the four figures this one will hit me for will probably be plenty for a while. Also, again, good luck with Sudoku .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Aug 11, 2007 at 12:41:52 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
So, let me ask you guys. I want your truly honest opinion, good or bad. Would people here really use an in-house auction system? I've had one in the works for a while in an early stage, and I'm just curious if anyone thinks it's a useful notion. Same question about a storefront: if you could list as many items as you want for free, and only pay a small commission on the final sale price, would you list your items here?

-Dain

Aug 11, 2007 at 12:59:37 PM
justabum (142)
(Bryan Digilio) < El Ripper >
Nebraska
I think an in house "auction" would be tough because I'm not sure at this point the member base is large enough to support it and actually get multiple bids on things. Open auctions probably will always bring more on ebay thus sellers would probably list them there still. Its impossible to compete with ebay or the endless number of buyers that they bring in every day.

But, an in house storefront would be cool as shit and I think would work very well. People would be dealing with others they trust and saving ebay fees. It would promote trading and give people a way easier avenue to ask questions on condition and to find random items such as individual manuals and such. I will rarely list a manual by itself in my ebay store because the profit margin is too small for me to go through all the hassle of listing it, packing it, and shipping it. However, to help out others on this site I would list out everything I have for sale or trade and not worry about the profit margin on a $1.50 manual. The effort is way more justified when I feel like I'm helping out someone that I know instead of some random guy on ebay that I'll never talk to again.

If consequenses dictate your course of action, then it doesn't matter what is right, it's only wrong if you get caught. -maynard james keenan

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:07:10 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Dain

So, let me ask you guys. I want your truly honest opinion, good or bad. Would people here really use an in-house auction system? I've had one in the works for a while in an early stage, and I'm just curious if anyone thinks it's a useful notion. Same question about a storefront: if you could list as many items as you want for free, and only pay a small commission on the final sale price, would you list your items here?

-Dain

Its a great idea in theory but personally as a seller I wouldn't list items here. Hate to say it, but I would want ebay's full reach and audience.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:20:34 PM
burnambill333 (0)
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

-Dain

Yes, absolutely I would, especially if all listings were free to begin with. I would not be able to use my "start at a penny" method, though for selling random games.

Also, that being said, just for the Christmas months I'd list on eBay. All other months I'd list on NA.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Edited: 08/11/2007 at 01:21 PM by burnambill333

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:27:12 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
yeah I think auctions would never get used as it would be hard to get multiple bids as justabum was saying. But a store front would be awesome. It could also be used as almost a trade list as well...

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:39:03 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I think they would get some use for sure. Some items would of course go to ebay to acheive maximum cash, but it would be pretty cost effective to sale a lot of it here on the site. The auctions would also make it easier to finalize a deal cause pics could be included from the get go and it would eliminate all the "make an offer" items. Plus if you have a price in mind then place it in a storefront with a fixed price for people to snag.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:52:44 PM
Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
I think it would be great to use as a trading post and maybe something like that could be used in conjunction with your collection engine?  I don't have much time to list items for trade as it is just too much at the moment for me to try and keep track of everything regarding PMs, emails, my current game list, what I am looking for, etc.  If a program was made where I could just stick up a bunch of items I have for trade that would allow people to make me an offer in regards to items that may be missing from my collection, that would be pretty neat.

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:56:21 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Bronty

-Dain

Its a great idea in theory but personally as a seller I wouldn't list items here. Hate to say it, but I would want ebay's full reach and audience.

For auctions - I agree that a storefront might work

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 11, 2007 at 6:13:16 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
I think if there was a set up kind of like ebays stores where you could list your item at a set price with a best offer a lot of people would use it. So if your item didnt get bought or any offers you could always remove it and try ebay. I think it would just take someone giving it a try. If it worked and the word got out you would get a lot of people coming over to the auctions. But starting out Im sure hardly anyone would want to start a auction for less than they wanted for the game. were you thinking just nes stuff or all video games.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Aug 11, 2007 at 6:42:57 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
eBay?

http://s73.photobucket.com/alb...¤t=DSCI0109.jpg

Or stays on my shelf? Hrm.

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:03:01 PM
Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: DreamTR

eBay? http://s73.photobucket.com/alb...¤t=DSCI0109.jpg Or stays on my shelf? Hrm.

Bwahahaha, keep it Jason unless you need the money to buy something nice. 

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:06:17 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
hrm.................. send to parpunk as a nice free gift lol

Man thats an Awesome SE Jason, i hope to have a nice CIB copy some day. Hopefully if i ever have a bunch of cash laying around i can throw a couple grand at a box and manual. but i might have to keep wishing on this one for awhile. :-(

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:41:56 PM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
hey dream tr are u really thinking of putting that 1 up for sale?

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:49:44 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Hahahah, no. There's no way I would put it up for sale unless I came across a double. There are VERY rare occasions you see me selling certain things like this. Protos here and there, but nothing like this....

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:52:13 PM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
yeah figured it was a joke... not that i want it. im just intristed in just the cart, so well see how this auction ends up..

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Aug 11, 2007 at 8:11:26 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Yeah, I sent him a nice lowball offer already -- I got laughed at (I'd laugh at me too)

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:17:12 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: NOFRIENDO

And then why do you think that Braveheart wins most auctions he bids on,becuase everyone backs down to him.He probably loves this becuase he can build a great collection for cheap,while the rest of us get to fight over the remaning things.I thinks it is total b.s not to bid on something regardless of how hard it is to find, just so someone with 2 cib copys of every nes game can have a third to make more money off of to finance other purchases.I never understood why someone who already has everything for nes deems it nessacary to bid up lots with cib games aginst people who really NEED them for there collection, not to sell so the can have 3 copys Stadium Events.Nothing aginst Braveheart but thats just how I feel on the subject,There is no friends in the E-bay game.

Let's also not forget that Erik bids on stuff for me... Hard to get a lot of stuff shipped to Canada. It may look like he's buying a lot for himself... but I've pretty well abandoned my eBay account and asked him to bid on stuff for me with his account. So if we're gunna bash on him, bash on him for the ladies underwear that he wears on his head!

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:23:27 PM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
I was not trying to "bash" Braveheart I was just giving my opinoin on the whole staking claims on e-bay thing.And Parpunk thanks for backing me up on this one so I dont look like im just whineing becuase I lost.Every single CIB lot that I see,before I even click on it I just know that either Braveheart or Jaredkk has a bid on it.I think all the small "poor" guys should band toghter and start kicking some e-bay ass.NOFRIENDO

Edited: 08/11/2007 at 09:28 PM by NOFRIENDO-banned