Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I guess ole Atwood wasn't telling the truth..... Stadium Events games will be for sale

LOCKED TOPIC

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:03:59 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

Originally posted by: myblackamex

Originally posted by: futureman

Kind of a dick move browsing and posting links to his site, but not surprised given the OP.

its a dick move to post a link to a public ebay auction and to a page that is linked in said auction description?

I edited. Didn't realize Tim posted it himself. 

No don't edit.......... READ before you accuse.... let your words stand.....

Dude STFU. I corrected because I was wrong. Now piss off. 

Too much emotions........... and it obvious your vocabulary is limited. 

Limited vocabulary? 

BTW...It's wasn't, not "was't". Genius. 

Irregardless...

-------------------------
Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:07:21 PM
Rocky (11)
(Rocky ) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Atta boi Atwood! Can't wait for this to screw over the people who were only in it for the money.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:15:41 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Daria

Originally posted by: dra600n

Originally posted by: cirellio

Not only does the mere existence of this clearly have a psychological effect on the value of the games, but now all the people saying he'd never sell it were wrong. I'm thinking he's doing this specifically because everyone was saying he'd never sell it, and even if he did he wouldn't open it, etc. Interesting guy.

I love the way he casually tosses out having already sold 12 other copies by mentioning non-disclosure aggreements. Priceless. XD

Maybe it's 12 people who he showed pictures to and not sold items to? I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet
"including the 12 individuals that already received this game from me"

I think the implication here is clear. If his wording is lisleading, it's intentionally so. He's fucking with people for fun now. 

You shut your mouth, don't correct drunk600n

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:19:18 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Oh no sir. You need to let your words stand! 

XD

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:21:53 PM
A2600 (17)
(Letter Carrier) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
You guys are treating this like the stock market, do you really think this will dent the market? I dont think so.

It just gives other collectors access to this title, if any case It will Raise the market as it will create a temporary bubble

Ah, so you found the secret room, eh? Bask in the glory of a Mario Trilogy, a Pair of Zeldas and a Sextet of Megamans. Yes this is the little grey box that could and continues to do. What lies ahead is entirely up to you. YOU DECIDE

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:23:10 PM
djscompton (3)
(Steve Compton) < Little Mac >
Illinois
This guy rules. I mean, i don't get hording this stuff for decades because i would rather see people have the opportunity to play this stuff. I also don't get VGA grading for this type of stuff either. I'd love to get a stadium events just to make an unboxing video of me opening it haha.

My FO/FT Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
NES:    595
SNES:  282
N64:     251
Genesis: 269
Been collecting since the 90's and after many more moons i would like to have these 4 systems complete.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:23:52 PM
NESfanatic (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Dang this is crazy! Atwood is gonna rule ebay

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:26:08 PM
CD2193 (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: A2600

You guys are treating this like the stock market, do you really think this will dent the market? I dont think so.

It just gives other collectors access to this title, if any case It will Raise the market as it will create a temporary bubble
Hard to say what effect this will have (if any), but at the very least I will say that I doubt it will meaningfully raise prices. Sure, maybe some hype might draw more attention and maybe one higher than usual sale, I guess, but I'd imagine the most likely outcomes are either a decrease in value or no effect. 

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:28:03 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Neat.

I knew they'd be listed soon, someone like Mr. Atwood doesn't take a absolutely legendary rumor and confirm it as true without intent to either move or otherwise disrupt something.

Forget some common-ass sealed Stadium Events (tongue in cheek) list them Soccer and Kid Icarus games. Something tells me he has a circle seal case of Mega Man 1 as well...god the dream can be real.

Still, time will tell if he does move it indeed. I kinda hope he doesn't (or hasn't) open the case. But who had $200k+ lying around for six copies of the same game and some really rare cardboard.

Good luck Mr. Atwood. Hope you're selling to find something fun!

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:30:27 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Originally posted by: CD2193

Hard to say what effect this will have (if any), but at the very least I will say that I doubt it will meaningfully raise prices. Sure, maybe some hype might draw more attention and maybe one higher than usual sale, I guess, but I'd imagine the most likely outcomes are either a decrease in value or no effect. 

Stadium Events value will decrease.........depending on how many he actually puts into the market will determine the drop in my opinion. Either way its good for those who want a copy although it seems he is trying to put some restrictions in place. 

It also could be hype to help sell his cases......... who knows

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:30:49 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
How many times were we told that these would never be for sale in a million years? Very interesting development. Can't wait to see what happens.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:32:59 PM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
For a guy who wants to stay out of the spotlight he sure as hell knows how to create drama, this is stupid why say you are never gonna sell then a month later do so. Well it is his stuff to sell but why shoot yourself in the foot, this picture deal might have just been used to pull out buyers and if it was then NA was just used as a stepping stone so news sites,internet media would do the dirty work of a big free ad for a sale.

Either way this stinks to high heaven.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:38:09 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: zredgemz

For a guy who wants to stay out of the spotlight he sure as hell knows how to create drama, this is stupid why say you are never gonna sell then a month later do so. Well it is his stuff to sell but why shoot yourself in the foot, this picture deal might have just been used to pull out buyers and if it was then NA was just used as a stepping stone so news sites,internet media would do the dirty work of a big free ad for a sale.

Something of this magnitude would create drama regardless. Loose copies are like a reality tv show, complete copies are like a circus, and sealed copies are like a nuclear bomb....a sealed case is absolute grounds for a supernova of passive aggression, angst, jealousy, drama, and community polarization.

Try and find one good thing about the game other than the day people buy it and the day they sell it.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:42:33 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Something of this magnitude would create drama regardless. Loose copies are like a reality tv show, complete copies are like a circus, and sealed copies are like a nuclear bomb....a sealed case is absolute grounds for a supernova of passive aggression, angst, jealousy, drama, and community polarization.

Try and find one good thing about the game other than the day people buy it and the day they sell it.

I knew it was only a matter of time until you weasled your way into this thread.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:45:41 PM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
I do find it funny that today this thread shows up after I get another offer on my time walk stuff, I already said last year that I do not sell my games to said user. At least when some people say they are never gonna sell they mean it, how many times will I see people say this is not a hype thread and it turns out to be one.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:46:34 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida

I do find it funny that today this thread shows up after I get another offer on my time walk stuff, I already said last year that I do not sell my games to said user. At least when some people say they are never gonna sell they mean it, how many times will I see people say this is not a hype thread and it turns out to be one.

Hype thread? Or troll thread?

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:48:43 PM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States

Hype thread? Or troll thread?

Why not both.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:59:11 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

I knew it was only a matter of time until you weasled your way into this thread.

Lol, point proven.

Goon, goonster, goonie, Adam. You ain't that good a troll, and I don't want you to take this hard, but you really haven't been a good cheerleader either. I'm starting to feel you don't like me man.

Anywho. I can post wherever I please so long as I ain't banned. Besides, what you doing here before me. 

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:07:51 AM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
The value of the games will only go up. The circle jerk is too strong to get soft now. We went from a nice chub to a red nosed rager.

VideoGameSage.com

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:11:02 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
This will only affect sealed collectors. Once they are gone theg are gone. I dont see it having a huge effect. Temporary slide in price for sealed closer to mint cib price. Itll affect some titles more than others. There are more people that need an SE than he has copies by a huge margin. Price wont plummet due to demand alone.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:11:53 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

Lol, point proven.

Goon, goonster, goonie, Adam. You ain't that good a troll, and I don't want you to take this hard, but you really haven't been a good cheerleader either. I'm starting to feel you don't like me man.

Anywho. I can post wherever I please so long as I ain't banned. Besides, what you doing here before me. 

First off, I'm not trying to troll. If I was trolling, you wouldn't know. Second, the bolded part is probably true.

Carry on.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:16:57 AM
drewbrim (51)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio

Yeah but he isn't the one saying that he'd "never sell".  It was minusworlds and others.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:17:27 AM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: quest4nes

This will only affect sealed collectors. Once they are gone theg are gone. I dont see it having a huge effect. Temporary slide in price for sealed closer to mint cib price. Itll affect some titles more than others. There are more people that need an SE than he has copies by a huge margin. Price wont plummet due to demand alone.

slide in the positive direction. If this is the only time sealed collectors are going to have to get a case fresh SE, why wouldn't they max bid now rather than years down the road after it had been handled? If condition is what drives these prices, getting it after being slid out of the case should command the higher prices.

the price drop will come when they buyers realized they made a poor financial decision, go to sell it and find them and all the people like them got their fix.

and would shouldn't they get their fix? A case fresh SE?? That has to command the highest price of all SE's ever considering condition based rarity.

these games are gna soar to new heights. Dudes gna burst the bubble.

VideoGameSage.com

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:18:32 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Originally posted by: CD2193

Stadium Events value will decrease.........depending on how many he actually puts into the market will determine the drop in my opinion. Either way its good for those who want a copy although it seems he is trying to put some restrictions in place. 

It also could be hype to help sell his cases......... who knows

People are really exaggerating the effect on this case of 6 stadiums events. It will dip the price of a sealed copy but this isnt really going to affect cib cart SE price. Too much demand.

Not alot of huge demand for unlicensed and at its peak caltron sealed was 1,500-1,800. Hundreds of copies sealed flooded the market. Hundreds!! And it dipped sharply to 200 and carts were almost same price as sealed, but now is back up to 400-500. And cart price isnt much lower now. And it took hundreds to do that with an unlicensed game. 6 SE isnt going to have much longterm effect. So much more demand

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/12/2016 at 12:23 AM by quest4nes

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:20:05 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Thank god i just collect games for fun and to play them.

www.videogamesage.com...