Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Would it be a good idea to have sub-forums in the sellers thread for each console?

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:41:05 AM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
I know many people have games from all consoles for sale so this might not be a practical idea. But for example im mainly hunting snes games and the sale threads move so fast I often miss out on what im looking for or overlook a thread because of the title. Maybe there is a way to filter by a tag so i could filter for snes games and somehow they tag their thread has nes/snes/n64 etc.

This idea may not be practical and I know nothing about coding or anything but I sure would find it useful.

Basically just a way to quickly sort the threads, either sub-forums for selling snes only or some sort of filter system

Edited: 06/09/2015 at 04:42 AM by alekx

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:36:44 AM
eightbithero (25)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(The Hero ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I think this is a great idea. Most people I know have their one or two go to systems and then dabble in other stuff. I rarely check the FS/FO forum just because it's annoying to sort through everything.

-------------------------

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:04:50 AM
J-Bomma (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Victoria
Excellent suggestion. Hope the page devs could do something like this without too much hassle.

CIB PAL-A NES Collection Progress
Carts 296/296    Manuals 290/296    Boxes 288/294

CIB PAL SMS Collection Complete

PAL SMS Wish List
CIB Jurassic Park Portugese Purple box edition
I Game Box Serie Esportes Portugese Purple box edition

PAL-A NES Wish List
IB Corvette ZR-1 Challenge
IB I Puffi
IB Indy Heat, Danny Sullivan's
IB Roadblasters
IB Tiny Toon Adventures 2 - Trouble in Wackyland
IB Trolls in Crazyland, The

NTSC NES Wish List
Spiritual Warfare (manual only)
Any of the 5 Seseame Street games CIBs only

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:21:34 AM
Cheesemeister (91)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Japan
I can get behind this idea. As it stands, there's too much wading through stuff you don't care about.

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:19:55 AM
PhearedPhool (75)
< El Ripper >
Oregon
I think the filter system would be better. People who sell in lots of different consoles it would be hard to run so many different threads. This is a great idea though alekx!

Looking for Nintendo signage/cabinets!!!

I have Exertainment Lifecycle 9xs for sale. Looking for NWC/low serial number SNES/NES and authorized repair center items.

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:26:08 AM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Originally posted by: eightbithero

I think this is a great idea. Most people I know have their one or two go to systems and then dabble in other stuff. I rarely check the FS/FO forum just because it's annoying to sort through everything.

Ditto - great idea. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:35:03 PM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
I seventh this here idear.

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:39:50 AM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
Seems everyone here loves the idea. The lack of response from the team leads me to believe it is too hard to accomplish.

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:08:44 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Well it's not a team, all site programming changes like this need to be done by Dain. Separate Sub forums would be too cluttered and as mentioned earlier would require people to manage too many threads at once.

As far as some sort of filtering option, I would think it would require some sort of categories be built that would then need to be input by the seller. I don't imagine it would be a particularly easy or small change to implement. I'm also not sure how difficult it would be to keep updated and accurate as things get sold and the thread gets updated.

I can understand how it would be a convenient feature, but I suspect that level of filtering with any sort of accuracy would be too sophisticated for a forum.

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:12:18 AM
babywuchki (90)
(Chris ) < Kraid Killer >
United States
It sounds like a great idea to the people that don't have to put in the work to make it happen and then police it so everyone is posting the right things in the right sub-forums. People can't even get the concept of only bumping their threads every 24 hours, you think they're going to be posting things for sale in the right forums? And then theres the man hours that will have to go into making sure it's all sort d out properly by the moderators. They don't get paid to do that either. And this filtering system already exists. It's the search bar in the upper left corner of the screen. Hit the Advanced Search button-Categories To Search-type in your system of choice-voila! There's the items your looking for all sorted out nice like.

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:59:17 AM
Gentlegamer (15)
< El Ripper >
Texas
Surely a keyword tagging system is manageable.

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:50:08 AM
thechristoph (2)

(Ain't Nobody) < Little Mac >
Georgia
I've long found it odd that you can find more Sega games on NA than on SA, but I suppose you go where the people are...