Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2015 Weekly Contests Presents: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 Contest ends Sunday, 6/7/15 at 11 PM NA time

May 31, 2015 at 2:28:27 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest installment of the weekly contests!  This week’s game is going to take us to the streets of New York City, where the crime wave is high with muggings mysterious.  The police and detectives are furious ‘cause they can’t find the source of this lethally evil force.  This is serious so get me a quarter.  I was a witness, get me a reporter!  Call April O’Neil in on this case, and you’d better hurry up, there’s no time to waste!  We need help, like quick, on the double.  Have pity on the city, man it’s in trouble!  We need heroes like the Lone Ranger, when Tonto came pronto, when there was danger.  They didn’t say we’d be there in half an hour, ‘cause they displayed…Turtle Power!  T-U-R-T-L-E Power!!  That’s right, dudes and dudettes.  This week’s totally tubular and radical game is going to be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3.  Yeah, you all remember this one when it was first released on the NES when you were kids.  The memories of going to your best friend’s house and popping this game into your NES and taking down the Foot Clan in this awesome beat ‘em up.  Or maybe you played it at home while shouting Cowabunga! and scarfing down pizzas made of anchovies, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream.  Wait, you never tried Michaelangelo’s pizza concoctions?  Well, let me tell you that you are missing out on quite a…oh no!!  Bummer dudes, it looks like Shredder just made off with Manhattan while we were reminiscing about the Heroes in a Half Shell!  Well, don’t just stand there, get out there and save the city.  Oh, and one more thing before you all chase after the Foot…go ninja, go ninja, GO!!  Hahaha, I made a funny!!! (not really)  Here are the rules:

• Play until Life “0.”  You may not play any of the game on Life 0 and must stop and take your picture as soon as you get to this point.  Anyone suspected of playing the game on Life 0 will have their score disqualified.
  • Play as whichever turtle you choose
  • No point racking will be allowed on the Mother Mousers.  You may kill Mousers that are a threat, but you cannot stand around and kill them endlessly
  • If you get to the final battle with a score of 899,990 and higher, you will need to take a picture before fighting Shredder.
  • If you max out the score before the final battle, take a picture immediately after maxing the score.
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Beat ‘Em Up

The contest ends Sunday, 6/7/15 at 11 PM NA time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 06/04/2015 at 09:50 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

May 31, 2015 at 2:37:23 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Just a heads up, you can't pause the game after beating Super Shredder so you'll need to have your camera ready to get your score.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

May 31, 2015 at 4:10:29 PM
Balloon_Kid (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to clear this game. Is there going to be precedence taken with people who clear the game with more lives left in stock than others?

May 31, 2015 at 4:18:17 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Balloon_Kid

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to clear this game. Is there going to be precedence taken with people who clear the game with more lives left in stock than others?

Good point. It's possible to beat the game without maxing out the score, but most lives left would make a good tiebreaker just in case.

May 31, 2015 at 5:09:54 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington

OFFICIAL SCOREBOARD  
  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3  

Place Score Username
1 1,089,500 Balloon_Kid
2 1,086,200 link463
3 1,059,500 bearcat-doug
4 1,009,000 gutsman004
5 964,400 cdbblw
6 876,700 skinnygrinny
7 675,800 arnpoly
8 374,600 EgasKrad
9 329,800 bertsampson
10 259,100 floydfan38
Participation    
11 247,900 barrelsAndRivets
12 221,600 Thundercat08
13 189,600 BilltownSparty
14 155,500 TWarwick07
15 144,000 dropkickorange
16 140,800 ninjistar
17 134,300 zobber
18 87,300 Megamanfan
19 400 Red

Edited: 06/07/2015 at 11:14 PM by bertsampson

May 31, 2015 at 5:18:59 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
1,059,500 (Game Completed)

Edited: 06/07/2015 at 11:51 AM by bearcat-doug

May 31, 2015 at 5:28:11 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

I could be wrong,but I don't see it happening. I have yet to clear this game or even get past Krang. I'm a lot better at it than what I was when we played it 2 years ago,but this game is so freaking long and the (lack of) pizza distribution in this game is terrible.

Edited: 05/31/2015 at 05:28 PM by gutsman004

May 31, 2015 at 5:44:39 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
How long does it take to finish this one? I didn't get to play Starship Hector all the much until today, but 5 minutes per game was great!

May 31, 2015 at 5:45:35 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: gutsman004

I could be wrong,but I don't see it happening. I have yet to clear this game or even get past Krang. I'm a lot better at it than what I was when we played it 2 years ago,but this game is so freaking long and the (lack of) pizza distribution in this game is terrible.

I gave it a quick play through this morning and even though the pizza is lacking, it's pretty fair with extra lives. Given the rules, I'm sure several people will be able to beat the game.

May 31, 2015 at 9:43:13 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
TMNT2 is much harder than this game. Either way the final battle is pretty damn hard for me. Definitely an enjoyable title though, it's the only TMNT title I had for like 10 years.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

May 31, 2015 at 9:50:00 PM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I 1CC'd TMNT 2 when we played it last year but I don't have as much experience with the 3rd game. I will probably only try once or twice and be happy with a mid-tier score.

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:37:10 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
I'll see what I can do with this one later in the week.

Sorry for the griping today everyone. Rough day....

I do want to say I appreciate everyone competing in these contests. You push me to be a better gamer and I'm light years better at games in general than before I started competing in these. So to all competitors past and present,I sincerely thank you.

Edited: 06/01/2015 at 12:37 AM by gutsman004

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:13:30 AM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Hey everyone. I'm still alive. Sorry I have not been competing. Should have a score this week

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:27:31 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: bertsampson

How long does it take to finish this one? I didn't get to play Starship Hector all the much until today, but 5 minutes per game was great!

It takes right around an hour from start to finish. It's a fairly long game for a beat 'em up.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:03:03 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
I got a score up, but I'm still pretty rusty. I was able to finish the game, but I didn't play anywhere near as well as I had hoped.

Edited: 06/01/2015 at 02:55 PM by bearcat-doug

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:10:33 AM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
I can pound the heck out of TMNT 2 any given day, but haven't played 3 much. Good excuse to give it a good shot this week!

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:20:35 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

It takes right around an hour from start to finish. It's a fairly long game for a beat 'em up.
I was always under the impression that it takes quite a bit longer than an hour to beat.  At least for me it has felt that way.  Maybe I'll get more than one or two tries in.    It is a pretty fun game after all!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:00:16 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arnpoly

Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

I was always under the impression that it takes quite a bit longer than an hour to beat.  At least for me it has felt that way.  Maybe I'll get more than one or two tries in.    It is a pretty fun game after all!

I didn't time it exactly, but I think it took me about an hour and 10-15 minutes from start to finish. I'm not sure if I'm going to have a lot of time to play this week, so I'll probably leave my score where it is.

Edited: 06/01/2015 at 03:07 PM by bearcat-doug

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:33:18 PM
Balloon_Kid (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Originally posted by: gutsman004

Yeah, I might have jumped to conclusions too soon.  I've had this game since I was 7 so 1cc'ing isn't much of a challenge.  What is a challenge is the tricky scoring.  Enemies are worth more or less depending on what type of hit you land on them when you defeat them.  Tying to max my score with idea kills, I've noticed I've been taking a lot more hits and losing lives quicker.  Also, up until a practice run last night, I had no idea Mousers were worth a cool 1,000 pts. each if you killed them with the Down + B toss attack.  No wonder point pressing the Mother Mouser is banned. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:02:22 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
I remember my first time playing this it was awesome. It was also when I discovered the Konami code but had no clue what it was at the time. I was just mashing buttons at start screen. Coolest thing ever. We went right to shredder and beat the game.

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:21:56 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
This game just seems to drag on to me. I don't think it's much longer than TMNT 2 if any,but it just seems to be. I also feel like the enemies are cheaper too. One thing I've never understood is how a normal foot soldier punch can supercede a jump kick. Arm punch vs jump kick with full body weight behind it plus downward momentum. Kick in a landslide,but not in TMNT 3. Like games follow reasonable physics....

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:34:07 AM
bigbernie (101)
(Thomas You) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alberta
This game is not easy to me. I havent much expeirence with it.

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:07:17 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Yeah, I might have jumped to conclusions too soon.  I've had this game since I was 7 so 1cc'ing isn't much of a challenge.  What is a challenge is the tricky scoring.  Enemies are worth more or less depending on what type of hit you land on them when you defeat them.  Tying to max my score with idea kills, I've noticed I've been taking a lot more hits and losing lives quicker.  Also, up until a practice run last night, I had no idea Mousers were worth a cool 1,000 pts. each if you killed them with the Down + B toss attack.  No wonder point pressing the Mother Mouser is banned. 

As far as I know, mousers are the only thing that give you more points by killing them with something other than your standard attack. I'm pretty sure the bosses give you a fixed amount of points no matter what. I used the throw attack most of the time and managed 981,600 so if you use the regular attack throughout most of the game, you should be able to max out the score.

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:17:52 PM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
I think this is a lot harder than TMNT2. This mainly stems from not having an overpowered special attack that costs nothing to use. Also, I find it a lot harder to use the jump kick on bosses. Then, of course, enemies seem to spawn forever in certain places. I have actually never beaten this game. I always use up all my lives on Krang and then I have no energy left to fight Super Shredder. Same problem I had for years with TMNT2, but then I finally figured out the key to beating Krang. Any advice for beating him in this game?

Thanks for writing. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this busy time of year.
In regard to your email, it is great to hear that you have found a copy of Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64. Perfect dark was a first person shooter game that was released in May of 2000. I personally enjoyed this game a lot during my mid-teen years since it allows for up to four players to play at one time. All the Perfect Dark cartridges were black.

I hope this information is what you are looking for.

-
Response I received from Nintendo customer support when I asked if they knew any thing about a black Perfect Dark cart.

Edited: 06/02/2015 at 04:18 PM by link463

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:44:39 PM
Thundercat08 (9)
(Alicia G) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Wait... beat the game....I think I played this game once before this