Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Holy crap. Analogue Super NT!!!! Preorder up now!

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:25:57 AM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England
Another Super NT production run coming in summer. No NT mini anytime soon. Not good news for the mini  
https://support.analogue.co/hc/en...

Edited: 03/28/2018 at 11:27 AM by Odin Belmont

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:00:41 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Odin Belmont

Another Super NT production run coming in summer. No NT mini anytime soon. Not good news for the mini  
https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us

Really glad to hear the Super NT will see more units. I really want the purple one so I don't mind waiting until the summer. Hopefully the website will accept my new card though.  

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:53:06 PM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England
Originally posted by: ZBomber

Originally posted by: Odin Belmont

https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us

Really glad to hear the Super NT will see more units. I really want the purple one so I don't mind waiting until the summer. Hopefully the website will accept my new card though.  

Preorders start in May so everyone that wants one needs to keep a eye out.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:41:12 PM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPa...

Jailbreak keeps making this thing better and better...CopySNES dumping now enabled (no save rewriting to games though)

Still a cool feature for those who want it!

-------------------------

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:34:50 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Diamante Loco

https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak

Jailbreak keeps making this thing better and better...CopySNES dumping now enabled (no save rewriting to games though)

Still a cool feature for those who want it!

I tested on 3/27 by dumping my Zelda cart.

The fact that it's referred to as "CopySNES" tells you who is involved in this jailbreak behind the scenes  

Apr 2, 2018 at 7:33:43 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Nintendo Switch Pro controller works with the Super NT!! Just pair it to the 8bitdo receiver  

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Apr 2, 2018 at 8:55:28 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Quaze

The Nintendo Switch Pro controller works with the Super NT!! Just pair it to the 8bitdo receiver  

I like using the PS4 DualShock 4 controller with my Retro Receivers. Only problem is trying to feel for the Select and Start buttons (Share and Options) since they match the contour of the PS4 controller.

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:11:15 AM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia

That’s because they worked with that same receiver on a real SNES since right after the Switch launched.  

Retro Receiver was already a must-buy even before the Super Nt launched.  

Edited: 04/03/2018 at 01:11 AM by CZroe

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:25:11 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: CZroe

That’s because they worked with that same receiver on a real SNES since right after the Switch launched.  

I had no idea! Nor did several other NT owners in the NA discord chat. Total game-changer, quite literally. Was playing 2-player Contra III last night using one Switch Pro Controller and one Dualshock 4, it was amazing! I should've known to leave it to you and your brother to discover all the neat little tricks first!  

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:04:06 PM
CZroe (31)
Georgia

I had no idea! Nor did several other NT owners in the NA discord chat. Total game-changer, quite literally. Was playing 2-player Contra III last night using one Switch Pro Controller and one Dualshock 4, it was amazing! I should've known to leave it to you and your brother to discover all the neat little tricks first!  

You're doin' The Lord's work by spreading awareness.  

People may balk at the price if they assume it's just a matching wireless controller with a proprietary receiver, but since it's a RetroReceiver and the controllers are BT you get much more value than the similar-looking line they made available a few months before Super Nt (proprietary receiver and weren't BT)

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:13:44 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia

You can also use a USB cable to connect the Retro Receiver to your PC, then use all of the supported Bluetooth controllers with your PC. The list of supported controllers is impressive and always growing. 

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:51:52 PM
cartman (16)
(The Boss) < King Solomon >
Sweden
Originally posted by: Ichinisan

That's because they worked with that same receiver on a real SNES since right after the Switch launched.  

You can also use a USB cable to connect the Retro Receiver to your PC, then use all of the supported Bluetooth controllers with your PC. The list of supported controllers is impressive and always growing. 

Playing MAME with a SNES style controller would be awesome

Apr 9, 2018 at 7:41:07 PM
R.O.B. 2084 (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Just got my Super NT. Had to go with the black because it was the only one left. I was going to get the Super Famicom style one, but now that I have the black, I think it looks really nice! No regrets  

Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but it looks like the SNES PowerPak is not compatible. They don't list it as compatible, and the fact that I can use custom firmware if I want to run roms means it's no big deal. Just thought some people might want to know! If I'm wrong and it's working for anyone else, let me know! Mine boots, but won't load any games.

So far this thing is well worth the money, in spite of the insane $40 shipping charge :0

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:10:15 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: R.O.B. 2084

Just got my Super NT. Had to go with the black because it was the only one left. I was going to get the Super Famicom style one, but now that I have the black, I think it looks really nice! No regrets  

Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but it looks like the SNES PowerPak is not compatible. They don't list it as compatible, and the fact that I can use custom firmware if I want to run roms means it's no big deal. Just thought some people might want to know! If I'm wrong and it's working for anyone else, let me know! Mine boots, but won't load any games.

So far this thing is well worth the money, in spite of the insane $40 shipping charge :0

PowerPak works. You have to change a setting like "Launch System Timing" or something (after updating firmware).

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:23:14 PM
R.O.B. 2084 (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Ok, I'll have to try that!

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:22:39 PM
R.O.B. 2084 (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Got the PowerPak working, thanks!

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:25:26 PM
R.O.B. 2084 (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Anyone have recommended video settings? I have a 1080p TV and a 4k TV that I can use. Some people were saying that 720p worked best for scaliness. Is that true? Also, what aspect ratio looks best without distortion? I was doing the 8:7, 4.5x height. Is there a video settings guide somewhere online? The options are sort of overwhelming (in a good way).

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:18:39 PM
Wherewilf (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Massachusetts

Anyone have recommended video settings? I have a 1080p TV and a 4k TV that I can use. Some people were saying that 720p worked best for scaliness. Is that true? Also, what aspect ratio looks best without distortion? I was doing the 8:7, 4.5x height. Is there a video settings guide somewhere online? The options are sort of overwhelming (in a good way).
I wrote up a few video settings (and other things) for the Super NT in this Google doc, let me know if it helps:
https://docs.google.com/document/...

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:22:27 AM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Wherewilf

I wrote up a few video settings (and other things) for the Super NT in this Google doc, let me know if it helps:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K4AG7xir3HCW07iYNGXTGv6h...

Thanks for this, I don't have my Super NT yet but will definitely save this for when I buy one.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:26:37 PM
R.O.B. 2084 (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Wow! Thanks for the guide. Super helpful!

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:27:54 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
So has there been word or are they just going to be permanently out of stock on all but the black version as it has been that way like months now.

Apr 25, 2018 at 8:12:22 PM
CZroe (31)
Georgia
Originally posted by: VmprHntrD

So has there been word or are they just going to be permanently out of stock on all but the black version as it has been that way like months now.
Wow. What’s going on with that?!

Apr 26, 2018 at 10:22:35 PM
Wherewilf (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Massachusetts

Yeah, they have posted a long explanation on their support page:
https://support.analogue.co/hc/en...

TL R: They're producing more of all variants, will be ready in a few months, until then the black Super NTs are the only ones available.

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:21:27 AM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Wherewilf

Yeah, they have posted a long explanation on their support page:
https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360002194972-S...

TL R: They're producing more of all variants, will be ready in a few months, until then the black Super NTs are the only ones available.

Looks like sometime this summer.

The wait continues. I should have been more proactive, but that's okay.

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:22:41 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Just buy a black one!