Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Border Color video option Seen it in the AVS manual

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:26:01 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
I'm guessing this option is gone like the dodo? I read about it in the AVS manual (seriously who still reads these things?  )

I've run 720x480i composite capture from native NES capture on my Hauppauge and the overscan area is visible. I'm kind of in favor of emulating a "warts and all" picture so an option to enable this would be cool.

I'm guessing it got killed in firmware v1.10? I did a day one update to my AVS and have tried both v1.10 and v1.20b6 but the option was completely absent from the menu.

One more thing, I would like to have an option in the next update to turn the "hide vertical scan" area to completely off. Currently I am using the minimum setting which hides the top two and bottom two scanlines.

Anyway I wanna shoutout to Brian of RetroUSB for creating an awesome piece of hardware. The "extra sprites" eliminates flicker in so many games. I was playing my Parodius Famicom cart the other day and it's like the flicker fest was totally gone! Gotta try Gradius II next...  

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 10/27/2016 at 11:28 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:45:43 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Great job Brian.

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:04:57 AM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Great job Brian.

Agreed. Even with its little flaws here and there, I am enjoying it so much. Wonderful console.