http://myworld.ebay.com/incik1/

if anyone has questions
please ask

-------------------------

Dec 28, 2006 at 9:05:00 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Bids placed on some. I live in Canada though, so to save on shipping costs, would it be possible to send via airmail instead of priority if I win? I'm patient and can wait a week or two extra, especially since I have to pay through the hoop to get them that week sooner

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 28, 2006 at 9:09:26 PM
CartoonEncyclopedia.com (0)

(Ibrahim ) < Crack Trooper >
New York
sure...no problem

Dec 28, 2006 at 10:34:06 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Awesome! Hope I win some

EDIT: And if you'd be willing to pull Conan, I'd be extra-grateful. I really want that one (I actually like the game...), and a mint CIB copy would be killing one of my major hunted items.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Edited: 12/28/2006 at 10:36 PM by the_wizard_666

Dec 28, 2006 at 10:57:06 PM

New York
I hope you win some too

another person from this board wants Conan too...sorry cant tell you who...lol

unless you make me an offer I cant refuse for Conan

Dec 29, 2006 at 12:29:28 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
deleted

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 12/29/2006 at 12:29 AM by Bronty

Dec 29, 2006 at 5:56:28 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
I think I might know who...BRONTY

Probably the one I wouldn't turn over, unless you have a mint CIB copy man...I really want that one. Anyway, PM sent.

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:53:15 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
LOL, actually it's me, but I'd suspect Bronty would want it as well if he doesn't have it already. I'm a passive collector of sealed games -- it's one of the few things I bid on with my final price up-front instead of sniping. If I win, great; if not, I'll wait until the next one. It's amazing how little I've spent on close to 300 sealed games (compared to what they're likely worth as a whole), but that's also why I don't have many of the key sealed games like Bronty does (it's amazing, some of the ones he's got).

-Dain

Edited: 12/29/2006 at 08:53 AM by Dain

Dec 29, 2006 at 12:36:21 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Well, you know what's gonna happen to Conan if I win it...

Dec 29, 2006 at 7:53:26 PM

New York
you gonna open it?

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:39:32 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
I open every sealed game I get. Besides, I like Conan. It's a fun game.

Dec 30, 2006 at 2:24:44 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Dain
If I win, great; if not, I'll wait until the next one. It's amazing how little I've spent on close to 300 sealed games

-Dain

Yep, if you're patient like Dain you can probably buy at least half the library sealed for $10 to $20 a piece. Same with snes. Makes me wonder why more collectors of completes don't do exactly that and just open them... after all there's hundreds of thousands of sealed nes games out there (I'm not exaggerating, I can think of 10,000 or so just between a few sources not even counting all the shit that's on ebay on a daily basis.

Or to think of it another way, they sold hundreds of MILLIONS of copies of nes software. Is it so surprising that hundreds of THOUSANDS are still sealed? That's a one in a 1000 survival rate; seems like a safe bet that many survived). So opening a few ain't gonna kill anyone and what better way to get a truly mint complete if that's the type of library you're going for. (Obviously opening expensive ones is retarded but something like win, lose, or draw? Why the hell not - so more power to you wizard_666).

With snes there's probably 10,000 sealed copies of space invaders alone (Not to mention magic boy and fzero).

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 12/30/2006 at 02:58 PM by Bronty

Dec 30, 2006 at 2:37:48 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
It's funny you mention that Bronty, as I've been talking with Jason for months about doing just that (with about 95% of my really common ones, which is about 95% of them), and cataloging them for the "What's in the Box?" area on the site. Granted, what was in the box changes, based on when it was released, re-released, and based, I'm sure, on variations, but it would give people some pretty definitive goals to shoot for in completing games with inserts.

Some of the sealed games I purchased actually went for less than what a normal CIB copy goes for. I think some folks simply have a thing against buying sealed, as they may feel obligated to keep it sealed instead of opening it. I think you're right though, there are literally tons and tons of them out there, save for the extremely rare.

-Dain

Dec 30, 2006 at 2:44:56 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Dain

Some of the sealed games I purchased actually went for less than what a normal CIB copy goes for.

-Dain

Amen. Every time I see somebody paying more for a used and somewhat worn CIB copy than what I paid for the same game sealed, I just have to wonder what the hell they are thinking. I think some people just don't realize how reasonably a large number of the titles can be purchased plus I do think you're right that some people have a "thing" against it, although passing up the superior condition copy for a lesser one is beyond illogical to me. Maybe that type of collector is afraid they will become one of those dirty collectors of sealed games they hear about if they allow even one such game into their home

Interesting that you mention checking out the contents of your sealed games for the inserts. That's another reason to me to just buy it sealed... people often call games that have the manual, box and cart "complete" but often that's not true. Who even wants to go through the hassle of trying to figure out whether or not it came with a poster or warranty card or whatever? Errr.... besides the kind contributors to this site

Edited: 12/30/2006 at 03:53 PM by Bronty

Dec 30, 2006 at 5:35:26 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
http://cgi.ebay.com/Snake-Ratt...3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hey wizard, above is a good deal for you, assuming it is factory sealed (there is no pic of the back).

Dec 30, 2006 at 5:53:48 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Wow, that sold quickly. I would have snagged that in a hearbeat.

-Dain

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:08:03 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
alright Dain, I'll give you a second chance:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-GALAX...53QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Costs a little more but looks really mint and well well worth the $40 to me (factory wrap is still on the game even).

Edited: 12/30/2006 at 06:10 PM by Bronty

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:11:05 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Bronty

http://cgi.ebay.com/Snake-Ratt...1QQcmdZViewItem

hey wizard, above is a good deal for you, assuming it is factory sealed (there is no pic of the back).

mike sold me a sealed snake, rattle and roll so I guess he replenished his supply!

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:14:36 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Well, I already have that one in minty condition, so I'll let someone else have at it. I agree that it's a decent price for one in that condition.

-Dain

Dec 30, 2006 at 7:44:58 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Snagged the Galaxy...now hopefully I can remember his username on NESWorld so I don't have to sound like a moron on eBay (no shipping to Canada)

Dec 30, 2006 at 9:23:48 PM

New York
I used to collect things but stopped after seeing the items I collected cost less 5 years later
like comics and action figures

plus some of them are cool but you dont want to open it cause it depreciates

I got grrrrrr.....real mad after they had no value

so I started to open figures and put them on display in my room
like a hulk maestro figure (I attached other heads to this figure looks better now), silver surfer beta ray bill figure, millennium falcon, gargoyles castle, Voltron

plus I found a toy gillatine and started popping the heads off of figures and lined them up next to it

I was so mad I even popped the head off a jaga figure....I just didnt care

Its so much fun opening figures....its like your birthday all the time

dont get me wrong collecting is cool....it just pissed me off seeing a figure I paid $10 for and 5 years later its selling for $5 in the same mint condition

now If I see a lot of loose figures I buy them and pop the heads off

LOL...you think i've gone to the dark (toy collecting) side?

Jan 1, 2007 at 9:09:53 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: incik

I used to collect things but stopped after seeing the items I collected cost less 5 years later

like comics and action figures

plus some of them are cool but you dont want to open it cause it depreciates

I got grrrrrr.....real mad after they had no value

so I started to open figures and put them on display in my room

like a hulk maestro figure (I attached other heads to this figure looks better now), silver surfer beta ray bill figure, millennium falcon, gargoyles castle, Voltron

plus I found a toy gillatine and started popping the heads off of figures and lined them up next to it

I was so mad I even popped the head off a jaga figure....I just didnt care

Its so much fun opening figures....its like your birthday all the time

dont get me wrong collecting is cool....it just pissed me off seeing a figure I paid $10 for and 5 years later its selling for $5 in the same mint condition

now If I see a lot of loose figures I buy them and pop the heads off

LOL...you think i've gone to the dark (toy collecting) side?

That sucks when you back the wrong horse. A lot of comics have gone up over the past few years but I guess you got the 'wrong ones' so to speak.

Jan 1, 2007 at 10:14:54 PM

New York
I've got good issues like early ASM 30's to 60's, I was a die hard Hulk fan I i've got every issue from 102 to 4 or 500, Uncanny X-men 94-350

I was actually referring to issues from the 80's to 2000

they dont have much value, plus now you need to get issues approved by the comic grading authority or something which is expensive

Jan 3, 2007 at 11:39:26 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Conan and Terminator are officially mine...$120 + shipping later. Let me know the combined shipping through eBay and I'll pay for it

Jan 3, 2007 at 11:48:25 PM

New York
Did anyone expect Ninja Gaiden to sell for $104 ???