Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dankey Kang NA Edition carts 10 copies available!

LOCKED TOPIC

May 7, 2014 at 1:32:08 AM
ZeldaFreak (36)
(Conor ) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Look, i'm getting tired of this fucking shit, if I spend $160 on a cartridge which at the moment only 19 exist, then they are being mass produced for $20 each, then so fucking be it, it was my choice to bid on one of these. It's not like we are getting scammed out of $25000 here. If you want to conspire about all this, then go right ahead, but take it to PM's, stop filling up this fucking closed suction with arguments. anyways, Majesty ZX, I hope you get banned from here. I don't care what the reason will be, but I hope it happens >: (

-------------------------
Former NES Sharp TV Owner

Edited: 05/07/2014 at 01:33 AM by ZeldaFreak

May 7, 2014 at 1:48:49 AM
th0rpe (36)
(JT ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
 photo Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly_zps659e63f9.jpg

May 7, 2014 at 1:52:48 AM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: ZeldaFreak

Look, i'm getting tired of this fucking shit, if I spend $160 on a cartridge which at the moment only 19 exist, then they are being mass produced for $20 each, then so fucking be it, it was my choice to bid on one of these. It's not like we are getting scammed out of $25000 here. If you want to conspire about all this, then go right ahead, but take it to PM's, stop filling up this fucking closed suction with arguments. anyways, Majesty ZX, I hope you get banned from here. I don't care what the reason will be, but I hope it happens >: (

So if hypothetically next month he started putting them out for $20, you wouldnt feel scammed out of $140?  I mean it's only $140 right, not $25000, so no biggie yeah?  If people weren't so anal about NWCs, many people would own fakes out there and not even know it, they'd be scammed out $25000 or more.  Being anal helps the community keep in check and keeps everyone happy.  No it's not a NWC, but it's happened before with people saying, oh I won't be making anymore, then a few months later more get made and values drop.  Which yes would piss off people who paid more for it to get the "one time only limited" release.  He's trying to help.  If you don't get that then it's your own fault.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

May 7, 2014 at 1:53:26 AM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

May 7, 2014 at 1:54:57 AM
Hydro (49)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
This thread is bananas!

May 7, 2014 at 2:05:24 AM
ZeldaFreak (36)
(Conor ) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Space Jockey

So if hypothetically next month he started putting them out for $20, you wouldnt feel scammed out of $140?  I mean it's only $140 right, not $25000, so no biggie yeah?  If people weren't so anal about NWCs, many people would own fakes out there and not even know it, they'd be scammed out $25000 or more.  Being anal helps the community keep in check and keeps everyone happy.  No it's not a NWC, but it's happened before with people saying, oh I won't be making anymore, then a few months later more get made and values drop.  Which yes would piss off people who paid more for it to get the "one time only limited" release.  He's trying to help.  If you don't get that then it's your own fault.

Yeah, I would feel scammed, but I would most likely just be like "Eh, oh well, it was my choice to bid anyway" Also, when did I say it was no biggie? I me- ah fuck it, I'm just gonna wait till this is locked so all this can stop.

Former NES Sharp TV Owner

May 7, 2014 at 2:36:57 AM
drclaw411 (14)
(Michael ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
It ended as soon as I was outbid. Sweet. $200 bounty.

Now collecting Smash Bros stuff!

May 7, 2014 at 7:56:00 AM
njb2007 (68)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
By far the most entertaining NA auction I've seen yet...

FT/FO Thread - From SNES CIB, 3DO, Dreamcast, NES, N64 and much more:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

May 7, 2014 at 9:24:50 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Wow, this thread got ugly fast.

The original agreement I had with Lee was that he could use the NA logo on 10 carts. After a small amount of discussion, it was upped to 17 and I did not say anything to oppose that increase. I did not agree to 19, however, so I'm not sure how that got to that amount, but I'm going to politely ask Lee that no more get made with the NA logo on them beyond these 19. I appreciate you sending me a copy as well, but please, let's be done with this now as it's only seeming to create friction.

May 7, 2014 at 9:32:20 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Dain

The original agreement I had with Lee was that he could use the NA logo on 10 carts. After a small amount of discussion, it was upped to 17 and I did not say anything to oppose that increase. I did not agree to 19, however, so I'm not sure how that got to that amount, but I'm going to politely ask Lee that no more get made with the NA logo on them beyond these 19. I appreciate you sending me a copy as well, but please, let's be done with this now as it's only seeming to create friction.

I think Lee kept to your agreement with the logo. I think the number 19 getting tossed around is the total number of Dankey Kangs (Dank Edition + NA Edition). But who knows at this point, lol

May 7, 2014 at 9:32:42 AM
Dream2 (4)
(JOSEPH Acito) < Crack Trooper >
South Carolina
Originally posted by: bootleggers deluxe

that picture is of one of the first editions, and judging by the location, I will say it's Dream2. He received that cart months ago.

Dream, care to comment??

me just being an asshole. it's not actually for sale. thus the ridiculous price. i figured i'd pull a trevor and go look at what i have and you don't nah nah nah lol.

May 7, 2014 at 9:40:24 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Br81zad

I think Lee kept to your agreement with the logo. I think the number 19 getting tossed around is the total number of Dankey Kangs (Dank Edition + NA Edition). But who knows at this point, lol

I stand corrected. Lee just contacted me and said only 12 have NA logos.

May 7, 2014 at 9:49:57 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas

I stand corrected. Lee just contacted me and said only 12 have NA logos.

Yeah, I asked at the very beginning of this thread about numbers for the aftermarket price check list. I thought he was pretty straight forward about the breakdown in his reply. Conspiracy theories abound, though.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 05/07/2014 at 09:50 AM by Ferris Bueller

May 7, 2014 at 9:59:33 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Look at it this way guys. If you won the auction then you get the "NA edition" of the cart. Which is awesome and won't be reproduced. Dain already said no more of those are authorized. Maybe someday someone will dump the regular version but who cares. Judging by past Nintendoage carts... like the NA Homebrew Championship cart, it will hold its value no matter if regular copies come out.

May 7, 2014 at 10:08:50 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Look at it this way guys. If you won the auction then you get the "NA edition" of the cart. Which is awesome and won't be reproduced. Dain already said no more of those are authorized. Maybe someday someone will dump the regular version but who cares. Judging by past Nintendoage carts... like the NA Homebrew Championship cart, it will hold its value no matter if regular copies come out.

Yes, everything Aaron just said. All of that^

Now can we all be friends?

Edited: 05/07/2014 at 10:09 AM by Br81zad

May 7, 2014 at 12:36:42 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Auction ended a page or so ago, locking!