Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo DS Collectors Any of us out there?

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:57:41 PM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
The white version seems to be a reprint it mentions an award it won
There's also a version with a slip cover. I don't know which one is inside

-------------------------

Feb 28, 2018 at 9:26:58 PM
gonzo90017 (0)

(gonzo gonzalez) < Cherub >
United States
Originally posted by: Importaku

Thanks, yeah you guessed correctly the dragon in my avatar is indeed the mascot from corocoro comics, love reading that publication. There was also a special 3DS with the corocoro logo on, it looked amazing but sadly a super rare competition prize.

Hmm lets see, recommendations.......

These are ones i really liked

Zombie daisuki: a RTS game where you control hoards of adorable zombies attacking the humans who turned you into them.
English of the dead: basically house of the dead but you type words in english to kill things on screen.
Uttachi: Music game from Konami which is a hybrid of their famous pop'n music rhythm game series
Tottado! Yowiko no Mujintou Seikatsu: a very fun & weird minigame type collection where you have to survive on a deserted island with a handful of cooking ingredients. Stars Arino from game centre CX
The kayou generation: another great music game that uses 1980's japanese pop music. Be warned though the singers are super ugly lol
Taiko no tatsujin: there are 3 taiko games on DS all worth getting if you like music rhythm games
Slide adventure mag kid: a fun top down action game where you control a magnet using the plug in optical mouse to the DS gba slot
Shounen Kininden Tsumuji: this one is very good it's basically plays like zelda but all based around ninjas, one of my absolute top 10 faves on the system.
Okaeri! Chibi Robo! Happy Rich Oosouji!: a sequel to the gamecube chibi robo game, it's actually quite a feat to have it running on the DS. Just as fun packed as the first gamecube game was.
Nanashi no game & nanashi no game me: 2 great horror games for the DS
Mitsukete! Keroro Gunsou - Machigai Sagashi Daisakusen de Arimasu: a keroro gunsou themed spot the difference type game, i rather enjoyed it.
Mister Donut DS: i love cooking games so any like this are right up my street. Kind of plays like cooking mama but you play as a staff member for a mr donut store.
Minna No Conveni: working in a convinience store by the medium of mini games, i really enjoyed this one too.
Koisuru Purin! Koi Wa Daibouken! Dr. Kanmi No Yabou: interesting game mechanic where you play as a girl & her come to life creme caramel pudding lol, you have to swap between characters to get throgh the levels.
Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo: Machiteba Tengoku! Makereba Jigoku! Ryoutsuryuu Ikkakusenkin Daisakusen: stupidly long title but very fun minigame collection based on the kochikame manga.
Keroro RPG: Kishi To Musha To Densetsu No Kaizoku: very fun RPG the battles are fun to play as it uses the battle system from the tales of series of RPG games (might be too tricky in japanese though)
Ninokuni Shikoku No madoushi: one of the best RPG games on the DS, this & keroro are my absolute favourite RPG games, this one is tricky in japanese though as it needs puzzles solving from the book.
Kaitou Rousseau: adventure game where you have to draw the main characters face to get past various puzzles.
Jigsaw World: Daigekitou! Jig-Battle Heroes: an action game where you have to complete jigsaw puzzles while battling several other opponents in an arena at the same time.
Houkago Shounen: this one is quite a unusual one it plays like the boku no natsuyasumi series of games, you basically play as a japanese kid living out his last 2 weeks before he moves towns.
Chousoujuu Mecha MG: a mech battling game where you use the bottom screen to control your mech using various dials & levers, it's pretty good.

Thats most of what i can think of off the top of my head, it's a bit tricky to recommend games as some require at least some language ability. but most of the ones above can be played relatively ok without vast knowledge of japanese (well apart from keroro rpg & ninokuni)
Thanks for the recommendations. Any of these english friendly?

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:34:18 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Been a while fellas, figured why not post an updated-for-2018 shot of the DS collection, in beautiful high-res crispiness  

www.videogamesage.com...

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:37:59 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
So Dope!! Puttin DS Collectors to shame @Quaze!   definitely a selective collection of the best the DS has to offer!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Mar 16 at 8:46:03 AM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Anyone play a good DS game lately? Maybe a not super common one everyone has played? I'm looking to start a new one after I finish botw. I was thinking maybe Pokemon conquest, solatorobo, heck maybe even zombie bbq

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Mar 16 at 9:03:52 AM
dry_bowser (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: yukfou

Anyone play a good DS game lately? Maybe a not super common one everyone has played? I'm looking to start a new one after I finish botw. I was thinking maybe Pokemon conquest, solatorobo, heck maybe even zombie bbq

I recently played Hotel Dusk Room 215 and Ghost Trick Phantom Detective. I thought both were pretty good. Hotel Dusk is a little slow and Ghost Trick is fast paced.

Mar 16 at 9:04:32 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Monster Tale dangit, Monster Tale!

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 16 at 10:16:17 PM
yukfou (107)
Maryland
Originally posted by: Quaze

Monster Tale dangit, Monster Tale!

Lol, that's one I've been on the fence about for a while. Might have to give it a shot.

And I've heard ghost trick is fun too. I don't think I have that one though.

My WTB thread

Mar 17 at 1:20:04 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
I've played through all of those and would probably say:

1 - Ghost Trick
2 - Hotel Dusk
3 - Monster Tale

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Mar 17 at 5:39:03 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Don't listen to him!

www.videogamesage.com...

Apr 28 at 7:46:32 PM
Baddieboy Holden (0)
(Amiibo Collector) < Meka Chicken >
New Zealand
Decided to get Kirby Mass Attack and play it for a bit. It's really good!
Definitely makes me want to pursue the other Kirby DS games when I finish Mass Attack.

Game Collection- 1025 as of 27/01/19 

Apr 30 at 4:35:30 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Man I friggin miss collecting for the DS, but there's just nothing left to get. The Squiltch is filling that void nicely, but I miss those little square cases lol.

www.videogamesage.com...

Apr 30 at 7:24:09 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I finally started playing some stuff on the shelf, since there is not much left to buy. DQIX is pretty decent so far, though I fear that I am a long way from being finished with it.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Apr 30 at 9:47:01 PM
VGS_OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
Originally posted by: Baddieboy Holden

Definitely makes me want to pursue the other Kirby DS games when I finish Mass Attack.

I've played through Mouse Attack (Squeak Squad), which is also a good game. It's a bit more of a traditional Kirby game than Mass Attack, I think, but I enjoyed it. Of course, Power Paintbrush (Canvas Curse) is also a good one! Funny how some of these DS Kirby games ended up with different names in the PAL regions... I guess they were going mad with power in localisation over at NOE in the early 2000's, lol!

www.videogamesage.com...

May 01 at 12:44:02 PM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia

Man I friggin miss collecting for the DS, but there's just nothing left to get. The Squiltch is filling that void nicely, but I miss those little square cases lol.

Put em in your mystery boxes so that you can buy them again. Problem solved  

KDDK Player  

May 01 at 7:48:22 PM
Baddieboy Holden (0)
(Amiibo Collector) < Meka Chicken >
New Zealand
Originally posted by: OptOut

Originally posted by: Baddieboy Holden

I've played through Mouse Attack (Squeak Squad), which is also a good game. It's a bit more of a traditional Kirby game than Mass Attack, I think, but I enjoyed it. Of course, Power Paintbrush (Canvas Curse) is also a good one! Funny how some of these DS Kirby games ended up with different names in the PAL regions... I guess they were going mad with power in localisation over at NOE in the early 2000's, lol!

Yeah haha, it makes things a bit complicated when looking for specific titles. It's not uncommon to find NTSC copies of DS games here since the DS is for the most part region free, I've accidentally bought the same game twice, as its name is different. I guess it'd make too much sense to keep a standard title.   

Game Collection- 1025 as of 27/01/19 

May 01 at 8:57:26 PM
yukfou (107)
Maryland

I feel the same way. I keep trying to find more hidden gems on the DS but I think they've all been uncovered. What are your favorite DS games in your collection?

My WTB thread