Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Big problems with AVS on 1.30 and Everdrive N8 firmware v20 RC7

Nov 2, 2018 at 11:43:35 AM
densy (0)

< Cherub >
I wonder if anyone else is running into the same problems I've been having with the Everdrive v20 RC7 firmware in combination with the AVS on 1.30 firmware.

1. PAL mode is completely broken in combination with the Everdrive. The Everdrive with v20 RC7 firmware always crashes and shows garbled text that gets worse when you go through the money. At some point the Everdrive or the AVS, I can't point out which, always crashes.
2. Problems with certain games. Games that used to work fine before now don't. The JP version of Gimmick consistently crashes at the start of level 2 for example, once you get closer to the boat. This happens with the Everdrive in NTSC mode.

Anyone else have these issues? I've tried going back to earlier firmware, but I still can't get PAL mode in combination with the Everdrive to work properly. PAL cartridges work fine. Crashes in Gimmick go away in v16 of the firmware. But v20 is now very very broken in combination with the AVS.

I don't know where the problem lies exactly: with the AVS or with the Everdrive. But I do know one thing: something breaks something that used to work before. 

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:07:40 PM
Nemesis Prime (0)
< Cherub >
I had issues with RC7 as well. RC6 worked fine for me so I just stuck with that. The Everdrive forums have a long troubleshooting thread on v20, including problems with the AVS. 
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php...

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:16:51 PM
densy (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: Nemesis Prime

I had issues with RC7 as well. RC6 worked fine for me so I just stuck with that. The Everdrive forums have a long troubleshooting thread on v20, including problems with the AVS. 
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=7811.0

I experience the exact same issues on RC6. PAL mode is broken and crashes. Gimmick crashes at the exact same spot.

Jun 30 at 4:10:49 PM
BrianC (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Maryland
I highly recommend not using RC7 since it has issues with AVS. RC6 doesn't have the same issues. PAL mode doesn't work right with everdrive on 1.30b6 and 1.30 Final. RC6 is fine in PAL mode with 1.30b5.