Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bubble Bobble 2 and Panic Restaurant Protos?

LOCKED TOPIC

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:29:25 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
You know, contacting a seller to add a buy it now is one thing...

But you really have to go out of your way and contact a seller after the item is won and paid for? Thats dead wrong, I'm completely pissed off that this score was ruined for no reason. Anyone who contacted the seller after this auction was over should be completely ashamed of them self. You guys can all go fight over them now, because they're no longer mine.

-------------------------

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:29:45 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
I feel sorry for you man, i just saw them posted as well.  What a douche bag. 

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:32:42 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
I'm sorry guys, I really needed to vent about this. Cecil, go ahead and bid on it if you want, the damage is done. This guy is an asshole, he should man up and sell it for what it ended at but he has to be a little bitch about it. I can tell you right now that if this guy is in my state, I'll smash his face in.

I love this site, it does so much for the classic gaming community. At the same time, we see more and more of this stuff going on (like the chubby box) because people can't leave shit alone.

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:35:29 PM
cecilbug (19)
(I H) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario
I still won't be bidding.  He needs to honour the auction. 

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:47:12 PM
nes4ever (22)
(Mel P) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Im sorry for you loss man. This is just a sad example of NOT to post links on threads like this. I warned before that someone who reads these threads will contact the buyer and you will be the one who gets screwed. It's happened before and has now happened again. I hope the person who actually gets the items will be exposed for their actions.

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:47:25 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: cecilbug

I was just about to post here as the seller has offered them to me for $300 each.  I am so sorry to hear that this deal has gone sour.  He has indicated he will be relisting them for sale and I for one will not be bidding.  Ebay sales are supposed to be a binding contract.  I am not sure if there is anything legally that can be done but I really feel for you. 

I say Boycot the new auctions.  Not that it will have much effect but I will be.

How did he know to contact you?

Did you pm him after the auction ended?

If so well I dunno what to say I'll leave that to the winning bidder.

If not THEN you can report him to ebay for trying to sell outside of ebay. The buyer also needs to file a non performance alert (reverse of non-paying bidder) 3 of these and you are booted. Too bad you aren't overseas. You could pay the $300 each and then file a did not recieve form with paypal when he doesn't add the expensive overseas online tracking like the new ebay seller he is. Then send him an anyonomous money order for the correct ammount.

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:54:48 PM
cecilbug (19)
Ontario
The seller just contacted me via Ebay.  I was a bidder on the original auction.  I'm not the one who contacted the seller about this thread. 

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:55:28 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: nes4ever

Im sorry for you loss man. This is just a sad example of NOT to post links on threads like this. I warned before that someone who reads these threads will contact the buyer and you will be the one who gets screwed. It's happened before and has now happened again. I hope the person who actually gets the items will be exposed for their actions.

I didn't post the link man, I know better than that. There is nothing more I could have done, I contacted the thread starter to get rid of the link and he did. I feel bad because I know he didn't mean it, but what the fuck? I got hosed big time.

How do you do a non performance alert? I'll do that ASAP. I contacted EBay, but I really don't know what will be done.

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:58:36 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
this is bullshit. fuck the relisted auctions. if anyone here bids, wins and plans to keep them you are a just as bad as the seller in my opinion. if it gets out of control i'd say this auction would warrant a new ebay account from me if you know what i mean.

it would be great if no one bid on these and then they ended at .99 cents each to someone on the boards and they went to Mark for that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PROTOTYPE-...WQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/PROTOTYPE-...VWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

eBay listings here

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:03:45 PM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
that really sucks man. its pretty funny that the seller said "They are worth quite a bit more than your offer" when you won them in an auction fair and square. tell him not to be so greedy. he didnt know what he had and should be happy with what they went for.

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:05:50 PM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
hmmm well you almost got hosed inadvertnly by me as I missed this thread somehow and almost did the buy it now on that bubble bobble part 2 proto...but out of respect I will not buy it....my advice to Mark...you could buy both auctions with your credit card with paypal...and then do a chargeback stating that you paid a different way (with a money order or check for the original auction amount).  I think that would be the best way to handle it if you want to go that route.

They call me big Papa ....

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:07:25 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
i sent the seller this.

- This is BS that you re-listed these. You should sell to the buyer. Nobody in the NES community will buy from you in the future as everyone is aware of what you have done. If I were you I'd make this situation right and ship them to the rightful winner of the previous auction. What you are doing is morally wrong and I hope you feel awful about it. Do the right thing and don't be greedy -

how awful are people. I don't know why, but I am really mad about this too.

eBay listings here

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:07:51 PM
raregamergirl (24)
(Sara Holmquist) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
You could report them to ebay as proto's. ebay will (or usually does) remove them. that sucks, though, that it happened.

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:08:18 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I would neg the living shit out of this seller and report him to ebay. That is breaking ebay policy and the law. An auction is a binding contract between the 2 parites and would hold up in court. Obviously you are not going to take him to court, but a little white threat might scare him into selling them to you still. I for one won't be bidding on his auction ever now.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:09:30 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Originally posted by: antofarabia

hmmm well you almost got hosed inadvertnly by me as I missed this thread somehow and almost did the buy it now on that bubble bobble part 2 proto...but out of respect I will not buy it....my advice to Mark...you could buy both auctions with your credit card with paypal...and then do a chargeback stating that you paid a different way (with a money order or check for the original auction amount). I think that would be the best way to handle it if you want to go that route.

lets think about this...
two wrongs don't make a right. the seller needs to man up and ship the fucking auction he won. NOBODY BID!

I won't. People don''t screw over my fellow collectors.
Who is with me?

eBay listings here

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:10:17 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
I am reporting it

eBay listings here

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:11:32 PM
cecilbug (19)
Ontario
I responded to the sellers offer and told him I think that he is dishonest and needs to honor the original sale.  I will not be bidding on the relisted items.

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:16:11 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
Let me say something real quick...

I haven't been collecting as long as many on here, but I've been around some of these boards (here, DP, NESWorld, RFgeneration, AtariAge, etc.) and I have NEVER been around such a supportive group of people.

The kindness on this board is second to none, and I can tell you all with complete honesty that it means a lot.

Josh, I had a transaction with you over on the DP boards in November of last year (bought complete copies of Ufouria and Aussie Rules Footy) and remembered you being a real nice guy, this just goes to show how right I was. Thanks for sending that message, it means a lot.

And as for Scott, I just want you to know that I completely understand that you had no intention of sabotaging this auction and that there are no hard feelings.

Thanks for the support guys!

Edited: 11/15/2007 at 10:20 PM by VGS_MrMark0673

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:25:23 PM
Spork (0)
(Jason Zielinski) < Cherub >
Missouri
I just sent the seller a long letter questioning his ethics and told him I would never bid on any of his auctions.

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:27:44 PM
jimpoleshuk (279)
(Jim Poleshuk) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
how much did mr mark win in the first place?

Maybe we can get them for that price.

I sent the seller a PM and told him he was a bad person

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:30:31 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
join me in reporting these auctions

go here for Bubble Bobble 2
http://pages.ebay.com/help/con....js&item=220172879169

and here for Panic Restaurant
http://pages.ebay.com/help/con....js&item=220172881329

on each one there are three steps.

Step 1 - Select Counterfeits and Copyright Violations
Step 2 - Select Other Potential Infringment
Step 3 - Select Betasoftware, Test Software or Evalutaion Software

to complete the final step make sure you are logged in and click the Email Us link
and hit SEND. It appears you can report it over and over again... but i don't know if it will go through.

Mark,
I know what it is liked to get screwed on deals like this and I HATE IT.
I hope everyone here speaks up. Put yourself in Mark's shoes, how pissed off would you be!?!?!

eBay listings here

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:33:26 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
Massachusetts
Here is the original auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...e=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

I can guarantee I will find a way to repay the community if these do come my way, you guys are amazing.

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:34:26 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Originally posted by: jimpoleshuk

how much did mr mark win in the first place?

Maybe we can get them for that price.

I sent the seller a PM and told him he was a bad person

is the seller a member here?

eBay listings here

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:34:39 PM
Spork (0)
(Jason Zielinski) < Cherub >
Missouri
I just reported, and was wondering

How long will it take to get them pulled with all of us reporting?

Nov 15, 2007 at 10:36:50 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
not sure, but i'm sure it helps if there are a lot of hits.... ebay will notice it if everyone seems to be flagging it.

eBay listings here