May 11 at 10:13:32 AM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio

May 11 at 10:20:14 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
These things seem to move every year or so. Interesting piece of computing history no doubt, but I can't help but imagine that the parts are going to start failing in these things (same for our little grey squares in the coming decades)

Sidenote. I wonder if anyone ever made some games for the Apple I. Gonna have to see what the google says.

Edit: So that was quick, wow there are games and yeah my suspicion is correct that these things fail...60+ known to exist of which only 6 are known to work. A 10% survival rate;

-------------------------

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Edited: 05/11/2019 at 10:25 AM by PowerPlayers

May 11 at 10:27:30 AM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Provenance:
Serial Number 01-0053 (probably for the Byte Shop)
1977 Acquired by Rick Conte
December 2009 Donated to a non-profit organization
July 2010 purchased for a private collection
Whence acquired by the present owners in September 2014
This is the best part.

December 2009 Donated to a non-profit organization

July 2010 purchased for a private collection

I sure hope it was donated with the intent of it being sold to raise funds.

Edited: 05/11/2019 at 10:31 AM by Buyatari

May 11 at 12:47:24 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
High ballers, Always include clauses when you donate your stuff to museums. Make sure the items go back to your family if they break it.

Although I remember reading somewhere that perpetuity clauses for donated things only last as long as the last living heir of your family who was born during the day of your donation...I think I remember reading something about it when I came across an article of someone claiming to own property in NYC because they didn't respect their ancestors wishes and a judge denied them because they weren't alive during their ancestors lifespan.

-------------------------

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

May 11 at 1:32:08 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

High ballers, Always include clauses when you donate your stuff to museums. Make sure the items go back to your family if they break it.

Although I remember reading somewhere that perpetuity clauses for donated things only last as long as the last living heir of your family who was born during the day of your donation...I think I remember reading something about it when I came across an article of someone claiming to own property in NYC because they didn't respect their ancestors wishes and a judge denied them because they weren't alive during their ancestors lifespan.

Your wishes won't hold up if others can gain from it. You need to watch this movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1326...