NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

An UNSIGNED Case Fresh Shantae is Being Auctioned

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:05:14 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201847801...

This is too good to be true, a case fresh unsigned copy immediately after the signed copy that everyone loved to argue about.  

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

No need for senseless bickering this time around, just sit back and watch the results!

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:09:32 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: jonebone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201847801...

This is too good to be true, a case fresh unsigned copy immediately after the signed copy that everyone loved to argue about.  

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&thr...

No need for senseless bickering this time around, just sit back and watch the results!

That's more like it. Threw $600 at it just to kick it off  

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:13:36 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: jonebone

I'm sure we'll still have it though!

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:17:13 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Wait, they actually left one unsigned? holy shit, this is fantastic.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:37:19 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
It will be interesting to have an answer to the other thread's speculation.
(though the "real answer" won't be in until a few more from the signed case are sold)

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:22:33 PM
john (21)
(John ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Thanks for sharing. I still hope for discussion, only better and funnier this time.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:25:44 PM
john (21)
Florida
The listing says this is the last one "for now." Maybe they're onto our discussion.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:48:19 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Originally posted by: john

The listing says this is the last one "for now." Maybe they're onto our discussion.

Sounds like he is siting on a few.

Playas Guide Logo

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:02:18 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
...Nice

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:24:11 PM
john (21)
Florida
Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

You mean, like, they are going to hatch in a few months if he does that?

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:01:45 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario

Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

You mean, like, they are going to hatch in a few months if he does that?

Or whenever he could use some extra cash.

Playas Guide Logo

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:45:37 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Well, someone must want it. I just plopped $1,100 on it up from $650 and was auto-outbid. Ehh that's probably it from me, I don't actually care much about the game  

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:52:09 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
So I guess PrinceAshura isn't getting a copy for $15 now?

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:39:43 PM
john (21)
Florida
Originally posted by: Quaze

Well, someone must want it. I just plopped $1,100 on it up from $650 and was auto-outbid. Ehh that's probably it from me, I don't actually care much about the game  

Stop tainting the results   

We're already about to have the biggest argument of all time about the validity of the results - whether it goes higher OR lower. 1) We can't have people involved in the dispute influencing the results 2) Someone can always claim it's just hype and not whether signed or not  3) the new listing says it's the "last one" whereas everyone assumed several more would come during the first listing with no such claim.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:09:03 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Originally posted by: Quaze

Stop tainting the results   

We're already about to have the biggest argument of all time about the validity of the results - whether it goes higher OR lower. 1) We can't have people involved in the dispute influencing the results 2) Someone can always claim it's just hype and not whether signed or not  3) the new listing says it's the "last one" whereas everyone assumed several more would come during the first listing with no such claim.

Ok, but for the record I don't care much for the hype surrounding this and I very legitimately would pay $1,100 for it. I'm not involved in any disputes over it, that's for sure. I'm a member of NintendoAge, not a hive-mind belonger. So if any conversation surrounding its value takes my bid into account, that's as legit of a bid as any from a collector with no weird hype motives. If mentioning my bid feeds into the hype of others, well that's them I guess, but a sale based on buyer hype is still a legitimate sale.

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:18:25 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
So is this being sold by the same guys or what? I has the same picture of them looking like a couple of idiots after signing it.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:31:30 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
BTW, in regards to Bronty's assertion that the sig is considered a flaw by VGA and stuff on the site seeming to contradict that, I emailed VGA about it, linking directly to the signed Shantae auction and the two pages on their site referring to autographs/signatures. Their opinion, if they were to grade that sealed, signed copy:

"No, we could consider the item under the Qualified scale. Regarding, the signature, please know that we do not authenticate autographs. With signed items we offer two options as follows:

1. The item can be considered for grading on the regular scale, however the autograph will be considered a flaw as any other post release marking.

2. The item can be considered for grading on the Qualified Scale and the autograph will not be considered a flaw and the item will receive a Qualified Certificate indicating that the autograph was neither authenticated nor considered a flaw. In this case, the figure was graded under the Qualified Scale, and thus under the grade you have the letter "Q" "

So Bronty is right, in terms of VGA grading, the signatures are a flaw and would reduce the grade, or would be qualified, which is in a sense no grade.

Edited: 03/10/2017 at 06:33 PM by Tulpa

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:50:34 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
People thinking signatures add value on sealed stuff......

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:54:30 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Tulpa

BTW, in regards to Bronty's assertion that the sig is considered a flaw by VGA

the funny thing is, I never said that.   Those were words or words to that effect, that czroe put in my mouth.   I had stopped responding to his posts by that time so I never bothered to contradict him.    He was so busy trying to desperately prove me wrong (about value) that he proved me right!

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 03/10/2017 at 06:55 PM by Bronty

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:08:27 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
I'm interested in this becaus I remember vga gold grades selling under $1000 so this will be neat to see the new benchmark after the franchise had a huge comeback.

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:15:13 PM
john (21)
Florida

BTW, in regards to Bronty's assertion that the sig is considered a flaw by VGA and stuff on the site seeming to contradict that, I emailed VGA about it, linking directly to the signed Shantae auction and the two pages on their site referring to autographs/signatures. Their opinion, if they were to grade that sealed, signed copy:

"No, we could consider the item under the Qualified scale. Regarding, the signature, please know that we do not authenticate autographs. With signed items we offer two options as follows:

1. The item can be considered for grading on the regular scale, however the autograph will be considered a flaw as any other post release marking.

2. The item can be considered for grading on the Qualified Scale and the autograph will not be considered a flaw and the item will receive a Qualified Certificate indicating that the autograph was neither authenticated nor considered a flaw. In this case, the figure was graded under the Qualified Scale, and thus under the grade you have the letter "Q" "

So Bronty is right, in terms of VGA grading, the signatures are a flaw and would reduce the grade, or would be qualified, which is in a sense no grade.

Oh my. Thanks for the detail. Hopefully, since your username isn't CZroe, it will pass the local "VGA" censors as valid. 

Except your interpretation of Bronty is right, signatures are wrong, is... wrong. 

Nothing is nothing. No grade is no opinion. For legal "CYA" they don't authenticate which is fine and smart on their part. They are saying they have no opinion or authority  - in other words the Video Game without the Authority - when it comes to signatures. Our threads are perfect proof. There's no agreement on their impact and no credible body can grade them definitively. 

Edited: 03/10/2017 at 07:22 PM by john

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:39:21 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Oh my. Thanks for the detail. Hopefully, since your username isn't CZroe, it will pass the local "VGA" censors as valid. 

Except your interpretation of Bronty is right, signatures are wrong, is... wrong. 

Nothing is nothing. No grade is no opinion. For legal "CYA" they don't authenticate which is fine and smart on their part. They are saying they have no opinion or authority  - in other words the Video Game without the Authority - when it comes to signatures. Our threads are perfect proof. There's no agreement on their impact and no credible body can grade them definitively. 

No offense, but reread the excerpts quoted?      The other excerpts posted previously clearly stated that they will only grade under the normal scale when they can authenticate the signature.  So they can and do authenticate the signature.   They just consider it a flaw.

As for the 'no opinion' stuff, a qualified grade is not a no opinion, its a grade you give an opened game.

In effect, (an unauthenticated) signature has "ruined" the wrap and they are grading it like the wrap was removed entirely.    As though it weren't even sealed, because that's what you'll be left with if you strip off the wrap.

Ultimately they either treat it as

a) a very significant flaw, if authenticated, or
b) a flaw so critical, if unauthenticated, they will only grade it as though it were an opened game.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 03/10/2017 at 07:51 PM by Bronty

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:19:39 PM
john (21)
Florida
Originally posted by: Bronty

This thread explains it a bit better. Admittedly, I read the "qualified" note in your previous post in a "legal" sense, (by the way - we all know if it really came down to it, random lawyers would dictate the true meaning of the condition irrespective of any of our "true" collectors' thoughts, but anyway), I really tried to get an answer on the "qualified" in terms of VGA and ironically only found a post on our own NA from years ago. This suggests that the meaning is woefully in question (to no fault of anyone here). http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Essentially, my complaint all along is, and I think many others', although I have refrained from naming names to date, Bronty seems to think he is the ultimate supreme GOD of everything and that all are wrong and shall bow to his power almighty. Also, the apparent "vets" of NA protect him and side with him as if he is invincible. Ironically, I'm a member, albeit sporatic (and random!) for 6 years nonetheless with some hundreds of posts and others ostracized have a greater quantity of measures than I.

That said, I think Bronty should release a newfangled console. I bet the same number who bought the Switch at launch would buy the Bronty. Heck, I would at this point just for the nostalgia. 

Save me CZroe, you're our only hope...

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:25:29 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California

Originally posted by: Bronty

This thread explains it a bit better. Admittedly, I read the "qualified" note in your previous post in a "legal" sense, (by the way - we all know if it really came down to it, random lawyers would dictate the true meaning of the condition irrespective of any of our "true" collectors' thoughts, but anyway), I really tried to get an answer on the "qualified" in terms of VGA and ironically only found a post on our own NA from years ago. This suggests that the meaning is woefully in question (to no fault of anyone here). http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&thr...

Essentially, my complaint all along is, and I think many others', although I have refrained from naming names to date, Bronty seems to think he is the ultimate supreme GOD of everything and that all are wrong and shall bow to his power almighty. Also, the apparent "vets" of NA protect him and side with him as if he is invincible. Ironically, I'm a member, albeit sporatic (and random!) for 6 years nonetheless with some hundreds of posts and others ostracized have a greater quantity of measures than I.

That said, I think Bronty should release a newfangled console. I bet the same number who bought the Switch at launch would buy the Bronty. Heck, I would at this point just for the nostalgia. 

Save me CZroe, you're our only hope...

he pretty much is, so yeah, we're going to defend him. his expertise and opinions are about as close to bulletproof as you can get around here. even without being aware of the dumb argument you were making in the other thread, if I saw you arguing with Bronty I'd automatically assume you were wrong. 

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:29:05 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I make mistakes. I don't know it all . But I can recognize when someone doesn't have any familiarity with the topic, at which point I can't take them seriously in the debate. It would be like someone with no kids telling you how to parent; they have no credibility.   Not even knowing what a qualified grade is while pontificating about grades makes you appear uninformed... no offense.   It's like someone that collects only stamps thinking they are an expert on coins

Edited: 03/10/2017 at 08:35 PM by Bronty