Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New Member: Likes corn, but not a Cornball IBtiM on NA

May 3, 2016 at 2:23:09 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
you're welcome. wait. I mean, hello. oh, let the awkwardness begin. I'll start. hello and welcome home!

-------------------------

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

May 3, 2016 at 5:36:21 PM
IBtiM (11)
(Tim Hartman) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: zi

you're welcome. wait. I mean, hello. oh, let the awkwardness begin. I'll start. hello and welcome home!

Thanks Zi. Nice to be home. Wonderful little place you got here.

Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Pre-Order our new NES game Full Quiet now Backerkit! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

May 6, 2016 at 5:14:02 AM
NostalgicMachine (8)
< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
Welcome to NA!

May 7, 2016 at 11:44:15 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: NostalgicMachine

Welcome to NA!

Thanks NostalgicMachine.

Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Pre-Order our new NES game Full Quiet now Backerkit! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

May 9, 2016 at 2:37:38 AM
toshi5o3 (64)
(Sergio E.) < Meka Chicken >
California
Welcome amigo

"A Winner is You" -- Real audio on a cart? Full length NES album? Now you're listening with power. Play it on your AVS (or toaster): RetroUSB.com

May 9, 2016 at 10:57:02 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Welcome to NA!

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

May 9, 2016 at 10:50:02 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: toshi5o3

Welcome amigo

Thanks so much toshi5o3.

May 9, 2016 at 10:50:34 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Welcome to NA!
Thanks man. Glad to be here.

May 9, 2016 at 10:54:30 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Congrats dude and welcome. I also got Halloween '85. I need to actually play it. Too much backlog...

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 05/09/2016 at 10:54 PM by Kosmic StarDust

May 9, 2016 at 11:11:55 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

Congrats dude and welcome. I also got Halloween '85. I need to actually play it. Too much backlog...

Thanks Kosmic StarDust. Please stay in touch. I hear about the backlog man. I have to get back to "The Incident." There is just not enough time in the day and we are currently working on the sequel. You can check out some of the progress on our Kickstarter page if you are interested.

May 9, 2016 at 11:31:28 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: IBtiM

Thanks Kosmic StarDust. Please stay in touch. I hear about the backlog man. I have to get back to "The Incident." There is just not enough time in the day and we are currently working on the sequel. You can check out some of the progress on our Kickstarter page if you are interested.
I missed the Kickstarter sadly, but I ordered the game online last fall. I watched a gameplay vid and it looked like an exiting platformer so I ordered it but was too busy with school at the time to play it.

Aside from a few awesome classics like Castlevania I and III there weren't a lot of great affordable spooky themed NES platformers. Some licensed cash ins like Friday the 13th were awful. I did score a Zombies ate my neighbors SNES a couple years back at GameXChange for $20 during a Halloween sale. I looked it up on pricecharting and it was $40 so I made a good deal on that!

Edited: 05/09/2016 at 11:31 PM by Kosmic StarDust

May 10, 2016 at 9:05:06 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: IBtiM

I missed the Kickstarter sadly, but I ordered the game online last fall. I watched a gameplay vid and it looked like an exiting platformer so I ordered it but was too busy with school at the time to play it.

Aside from a few awesome classics like Castlevania I and III there weren't a lot of great affordable spooky themed NES platformers. Some licensed cash ins like Friday the 13th were awful. I did score a Zombies ate my neighbors SNES a couple years back at GameXChange for $20 during a Halloween sale. I looked it up on pricecharting and it was $40 so I made a good deal on that!
Yeah. Market is crazy right now. I remember picking up games like Maniac Mansion for $5. Castlevania, great soundtrack and great game overall. Friday the 13th is a tough one to get through.

I always wanted a neighborhood style creepy game when I was younger and never really found it. That was the catalyst for Haunted and the sequel we are working on.

May 12, 2016 at 8:49:38 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I need to come into the Welcome subforum more often, I might have missed this otherwise. Happy belated welcome Tim! Seems like I still need to do an Introduce Yourself post myself... three years later .

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 12, 2016 at 9:38:50 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

I need to come into the Welcome subforum more often, I might have missed this otherwise. Happy belated welcome Tim! Seems like I still need to do an Introduce Yourself post myself... three years later .

Hey there. Thanks. Yeah, nice little subforum we got here. K3VBOT'S auction for Enigmacore is doing great. So glad to see that.

May 13, 2016 at 12:00:53 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

I don't recall if I ever started a thread in the introduce myself forum...

May 13, 2016 at 1:24:01 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Welcome to the site!

May 13, 2016 at 1:31:11 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Hey welcome! Glad you got that homebrew lol

Good ol' FieryReign is still trollin'. Saw some rude comments from him on SNESdrunk's new video just the other day.

Instagram
Wishlist

Edited: 05/13/2016 at 01:31 PM by NickTLG

May 13, 2016 at 2:27:31 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Originally posted by: cirellio

Good ol' FieryReign is still trollin'. Saw some rude comments from him on SNESdrunk's new video just the other day.

What? You mean my hero/inspiration is still calling out every rent-a-cop he sees!

Well then, gotta check it out! SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!!!

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Edited: 05/13/2016 at 02:27 PM by Vectrex28

May 13, 2016 at 2:41:40 PM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois
Originally posted by: Vectrex280996

What? You mean my hero/inspiration is still calling out every rent-a-cop he sees!

Ooo, nice Sega reference. Comix Zone, bitches!!!

Instagram
Wishlist

Edited: 05/13/2016 at 02:41 PM by NickTLG

May 13, 2016 at 4:11:29 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

Got a link to that video? I love a good drama.

Anyone remember that Mariotehplumber guy hating on Rosalina? Someone wrote a semi-erotic fanfic about him on deviantart. Boggles the mind how ledgendary trolls inspire people to create.

May 13, 2016 at 4:20:34 PM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois

Got a link to that video? I love a good drama.

Anyone remember that Mariotehplumber guy hating on Rosalina? Someone wrote a semi-erotic fanfic about him on deviantart. Boggles the mind how ledgendary trolls inspire people to create.

Don't expect anything too epic though. He was just being his usual self but failed to get much of a response. Thought I'd mention it because a while back there was a thread where people were worried he was going to commit suicide from a vague post he made on DigitalPress.

Instagram
Wishlist

May 13, 2016 at 4:42:11 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

Don't expect anything too epic though. He was just being his usual self but failed to get much of a response. Thought I'd mention it because a while back there was a thread where people were worried he was going to commit suicide from a vague post he made on DigitalPress.

Wow. Not trying to buzzkill here but killing oneself or threatening to do so is nothing to joke about. I had a deal go south with an eBay dealer who told me once in email I was a stupid moron and should "consider suicide". That takes a special kind of asshole to make remarks like that.

If it's coming from the "victim" then that could be calls for alarm. Whether it's a troll vying for attention or a legit cry for help, it's not a game. My best friend's younger brother committed suicide a few months ago. He had a degree in philosophy from University of New Orleans and was so full of life! My friend and his mom were devastated by it. Guy just left the house one sunday morning without any warning and hung himself in a park. Police arrived at the door that afternoon to drop the news to the family after their son was identified.

Edited: 05/13/2016 at 04:48 PM by Kosmic StarDust

May 13, 2016 at 8:56:27 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Welcome to the site!

Thanks NintendoTwizer.

May 13, 2016 at 9:04:29 PM
IBtiM (11)
Pennsylvania

Thanks Cirellio. I missed all the fun but got one hell of a game out of it. Never thought I would own an NES game cart with the word Cornball or Cocksucker on it. As soon as I heard the name I had to have it. I am so glad K3VBOT had a copy at Midwest.

May 13, 2016 at 9:40:24 PM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois

Wow. Not trying to buzzkill here but killing oneself or threatening to do so is nothing to joke about. 

Who's joking? 
I was serious, and the thread concerned about him was serious too, except nobody could reach him. Suicide is not something we joke around about here on NA.

Instagram
Wishlist