Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

MB's Auction Thread. #1 - NES Test Station setup (pics!) - current bid $500/buyout reduced - ends Dec. 3 @ 11:30 PM EST/NA Time.

LOCKED TOPIC

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:44:02 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Hello, and welcome to my first thread in the new auction forum.  If it's alright with the mods, I would intend to keep this as an ongoing thread, so as not to cause clutter.  Of course, I don't have so much to auction off, so I'm unsure how much this thread would end up getting used anyway, heh heh.  The rules, similar to previous auctions of mine, with one change regarding trades:

((1))  The current auction will end at 11:30 PM NA Time (EDT) Thursday, December 3, depending on when the final bid is submitted. If a bid is submitted within 5 minutes of the end time, the auction will be extended 5 extra minutes beyond the time of the late bid. All bid prices will include shipping within the **continental US**: this includes a large box, a bunch of packing material (peanuts, bubble wrap, newspaper...whatever I have lying arond), Parcel Post, delivery confirmation, and an amount of insurance equal to the winning bid.  Buy-Me-Out prices will stand until 85% of that price is reached via bidding.

((2))  Bids are to be submitted via thread posts only, and must be in whole-dollar increments. Side offers will be considered, and may be submitted via PM for anonymity.

((3))  Trades are accepted. One who would wish to use a trade as part of his bid should PM me, listing what he wishes to trade and what he intends to bid on, and I will reply with an assigned amount for each item listed for trade (a "trade figure").  This trade figure will be negotiable to a small extent, depending on the amount and the items involved.  He who wishes to trade will then reply with which item(s) he wants to bid on, and how much of the trade figure he wishes to use in his bid on each one, and after doing so, he may place a bid on any items he wishes to bid on.

------(3A)  Current items I would consider trading for:

Japanese PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP RPGs and/or corresponding limited edition box sets
Stacks of common to semi-rare NES CIBs in 8/10 condition or better to fill out my collection
Pro Sport Hockey manual
Panic Restaurant manual
Mario's Time Machine box

---------------------------------------

Item #1:  NES Test Station w/TV and SNES Add-on

I didn't really want to sell this, but it takes up quite a bit of room, and space is at a premium in my room right now... It works very well, though when I got it a while back, I was told that occasionally the power button on top of the TV needed a bit of wiggling to make it work.  I haven't had much of a problem with it, however...  All the different areas of testing work perfectly, as does the SNES add-on.  Cosmetically, it's in excellent shape...I believe there's a sticker on the RF switch that is connected to it with the location of a certain electronics store in Appleton, Wisconsin.  Also, the SNES system shows yellowing, and there is a touch of black paint towards the upper right corner (as you look straight down on it) in the Nintendo logo.  Pictures can be made available upon request...I believe I have a small few uploaded here, though I can take better pictures if necessary (if I can find my camera...though I believe I know where it is...).  This does have a reserve on it, $650, and if the reserve fails to be met...well...we'll see what I do

A close-up of the SNES add-on.  Note the locations of the paint splatter, as well as the yellowing of the system (it's a bit more apparent actually looking at it):

A couple working pics, one with the AC adapter test, and one with the controller test.  I believe the menu resembles an NTF2 test cart (if I recall correctly, isn't there essentially a 60-pin NTF2 cart inside a test station?)...  Again, crappy cell phone pics here, so there is a bit of glare present:

-------------------------

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Edited: 12/03/2009 at 11:22 PM by mb7241

Nov 26, 2009 at 6:25:29 AM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other
Can I guess $850 is the "hidden" reserve? Anyways $500 sir.

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:39:45 AM
NES.God (10)

(Nintendo God) < Little Mac >
United States
the reserve isn't really hidden, just in white text

I hope you can post pictures of this soon

Edited: 11/26/2009 at 08:41 AM by NES.God

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:18:19 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
skylersz: Your bid has been recorded (though keep in mind, shipping to Australia would be quite high).  Also, you're quite close on your guess of the reserve...less than $100 away from it .

NES.God: I will post pics tonight after work. Time for me to eat some turkey .

Late-night edit:  Pics posted .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Edited: 11/27/2009 at 02:30 AM by mb7241

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:43:20 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
To the top. About 6 1/2 days left. Pics added, in case one didn't catch my last edit.

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:37:51 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
To the top. Now with 3 days left.

As a bonus, if the buyout option is used, I'll throw in a Nintendo Authorized Servicer Technical Training Workbook. It's the only one I've ever seen, and it's in great shape, containing detailed schematics and technical information for the NES, SNES, Game Boy, and several official accessories, as well as information on a Burn-In Station (which, given the picture presented, must've been a sight to behold: looks like it held 36 systems o_O ) and quizzes for one to test his knowledge.

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:38:37 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
One day, 18 hours to go. Buyout price reduced...

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:20:48 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Ten minutes left. Reserve reduced to $650, buyout price further reduced...

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:51:54 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
...? Auction's over, reserve unmet. If anyone wants it, $700 will take it, shipped anywhere in the eastern US ($710 for the western US...international, please ask).

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:04:34 PM
i2a2n2 (39)
(Ian B.) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario
if you had a price in mind for the binder(s) of info shoot me a PM

My NWC High Score 661 950  Jan 19th 2010

---------Wanted: SNES PROTOTYPES !!! PM Me-----------