Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Collection Checklist/DB

Mar 12, 2008 at 11:43:32 PM
OldSchoolNES (12)
(Chris VanAnda) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Hey Dain, just wondering if there is a feature in the works that allows us to catalog our own collections on the site?  I thought you had mentioned this as an upcoming feature, but I can't remember for sure.  Thanks, love the site.

Mar 13, 2008 at 12:41:12 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Yes, it's coming. Sooner or later.

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Mar 13, 2008 at 12:53:24 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Must resist temptation to comment must resist temptation...

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:56:07 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
LOL, Erik -- thanks for not making a comment about this (Erik has been waiting, semi-patiently, for this feature for some time now).

The skinny is that we will definitely have a collection feature, but "when" is the real question. I've put this off over and over again because I keep changing my mind on how it will work. My final thoughts on this is that I'll be creating two versions: a plain vanilla version that simply allows you to create glorified lists of lists; and a chocolate cream pie version that allows you to track anything you could possibly want to track. I'm hoping that after an upcoming work-related deadline that I'll have a little more time and energy to work on this and get it out to everyone.

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:05:01 AM
Zzap (47)
(James ) < King Solomon >
Australia
Hooray

Chunkout for iPhone, iPad and iTouch out now!
Chunkout Games: FaceBook | Web

Mar 13, 2008 at 7:17:34 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
I will take one Chocolate cream pie please!!

Mar 13, 2008 at 10:29:05 AM
OldSchoolNES (12)
(Chris VanAnda) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Sounds good, thanks Dain. I apppreciate all you do with this site. I just wanted to know before I spent the time making my own list in Excel or something.

Mar 13, 2008 at 11:34:05 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
My gamelist might tid you over for now. It is in Excel format and has checkable boxes to track your stuff. On my site at www.nationalgamedepot.zoomshare.c....
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:27:40 AM
Rachel (10)
(Player of Games, Killer of Threads) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: Dain

LOL, Erik -- thanks for not making a comment about this (Erik has been waiting, semi-patiently, for this feature for some time now).

The skinny is that we will definitely have a collection feature, but "when" is the real question. I've put this off over and over again because I keep changing my mind on how it will work. My final thoughts on this is that I'll be creating two versions: a plain vanilla version that simply allows you to create glorified lists of lists; and a chocolate cream pie version that allows you to track anything you could possibly want to track. I'm hoping that after an upcoming work-related deadline that I'll have a little more time and energy to work on this and get it out to everyone.

Sounds awesome. I wonder if it would be possible to offer a "convert collection to .XML" option? Could be a handy feature for folks who want to post their collections to their personal website. Might be more trouble than it's worth, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Resident collector of and expert on vintage girly games and consoles--especially rare stuff! 

Currently playing: Miitomo (iOS), Yoshi's Woolly World (WiiU)

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:32:42 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Exporting it to XML would be very easy actually, and would allow people to modify it offline and re-upload it; however, we'd need someone to create a shell XLS file that could import and format it (maybe using VBS, etc).

Jun 4, 2008 at 7:37:54 AM
Xed (67)
(Sjoerd Rutten) < King Solomon >
Netherlands
a friend of mine wrote a xml sheet for my collection, including css stylesheet and some more of that stuff (dont really know how it works myself, i just edit the xml files)
its not hard to edit it, not very easy either but the average pc-knowledged person should be able to work with it

ill upload my list thursday and give a link so u can see how it looks
it has the following attributes:
gamename
box yes/no
booklet yes/no
gameplay video link
background info link

might be adding box/cart art link later

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis

aka XtinctHeD and Dr. Retro

Dr. Retro Video Game Channel:  http://www.dr-retro.com...
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/psxco...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drretromd...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/drretro..._
eBay store: http://stores.ebay.nl/Dr-Retros-G...
Playstation Collecting Community: http://www.playstationcollecting.... (browsable with your NA/SA account!)