Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

CIB SE ON THE BAY!!!! Very poorly listed!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2010 at 9:29:24 PM
cyberdogg (0)
(. ..) < Cherub >
United States
I suggest contacting the lucky eBay seller ("lottery winner") to request an interview with her for NA digital magazine, with her identity concealed except for initials. Like does she remember purchasing SE at Woolworth's Department store, where, what led her to purchase the game, did she purchase a family fitness & fun pad (predecessor to Nintendo's Power Pad) that come with the game... original SE release was supposedly distributed at Woolworth's in a test market in the northeast region.

If you want to have some luck finding valuable Nintendo games, patronize thrift stores regularly where they do put up used Nintendo games for sale.

I used to work at a thrift store for over a year as explained in my intro...and I came across Athletic World cart, which is the first of the planned series for Bandai's Family Fitness & Fun series.

Congratulations to the auction seller, it's like being a star at Antiques Roadshow.

Edited: 02/13/2010 at 09:30 PM by cyberdogg

Feb 13, 2010 at 9:48:51 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Man, who keeps making up this Woolworth's stuff? LOL...all I ever said was that was the only place I ever saw it, and I lived in Miami in 1987, and that's not the Northeast. Talk about twisting words.

Also, the seller had no idea what she had. Why interviewing her for a magazine makes any sense is beyond me.

And...Athletic World came with FFF, not Stadium Events, everything in the above statement is incorrect.

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:10:52 PM
cyberdogg (0)
(. ..) < Cherub >
United States
The Woolworth/NE test market was mentioned on Next Level forum in a post made a few years ago.

I clarify...did she buy the fitness pad that SE was designed to be compatible with. How usable would SE be with just a regular NES controller?
type="text/css">body {background: white; margin: 5px;} body, td, p {font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;} .Quote, .FTQUOTE {background-color:#fff; padding:6px; margin-left:30px; border-left:1px solid #777; border-top:1px solid #777; border-right:1px solid #ddd; border-bottom:1px solid #ddd; width:80%;} html,body { border: 0px; } > title="table borders">.htmtableborders, .htmtableborders td, .htmtableborders th {border : 1px dashed lightgrey ! important;} >

Edited: 02/13/2010 at 10:11 PM by cyberdogg

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:16:25 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
i thought angel was just a reseller of sorts? why would she have any of the above information?

p.s. lucky and wild = the BEST arcade game ever!

Let's Go Penguins!

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:22:16 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
cyberdogg: I am 100% certain any info about this was twisted from when I said the only place I saw SE was at Woolworth's. I've been around the NES community a very long time (paypal did not exist, ebay BARELY existed) and the first place I was bidding on NWCs was against thomaser on Usenet message boards, so the history of people who actually "saw" games when they came out was dependent on the older folks like us...

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:50:10 AM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Originally posted by: DreamTR

Also, the seller had no idea what she had. Why interviewing her for a magazine makes any sense is beyond me.

Hopefully this doesn't tick you off, but I think that's actually a good idea.  I would read it!  I would like to know what she was wearing, and smoking that day, as well as any lucky charms/rituals she uses while going garage Saleing   

Also that feeling after the bids passed 1k then 5 then hitting 13 at the very end, must have been thrilling

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:50:56 AM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
Also her brand of thongs is a lingering curiosity

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:51:03 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Well, in that sense, "lace thongs" makes sense, LOL

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:51:40 AM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
Victoria's Secret maybe?

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:18:52 AM
Grooveraider (0)
(Herman McClain) < Little Mac >
California
Originally posted by: cyberdogg

I suggest contacting the lucky eBay seller ("lottery winner") to request an interview with her for NA digital magazine, with her identity concealed except for initials. Like does she remember purchasing SE at Woolworth's Department store, where, what led her to purchase the game, did she purchase a family fitness & fun pad (predecessor to Nintendo's Power Pad) that come with the game... original SE release was supposedly distributed at Woolworth's in a test market in the northeast region.

If you want to have some luck finding valuable Nintendo games, patronize thrift stores regularly where they do put up used Nintendo games for sale.

I used to work at a thrift store for over a year as explained in my intro...and I came across Athletic World cart, which is the first of the planned series for Bandai's Family Fitness & Fun series.

Congratulations to the auction seller, it's like being a star at Antiques Roadshow.

Why do people still think Stadium Events was only available to customers in the Northeast region ?
When in fact Stadium Events was also available on the West Coast in stores like ADRAY-MART and TOYS R US. I know this because I held a copy of Stadium Events before putting it back on the shelf at ADRAY-MART to buy Nintendo's "Pro Wrestling" in 1987 . Plus both those stores carried the original Bandai Family Fun Fitness Set.

I was bored one day and I ended up buying the Family Fun Fitness Set. It was the  worse mistake I ever made and I still have the sales receipt  ( yes, I keep all of my receipts ) to remember it by !

Btw, I think the value of a poorly executed fitness game is just downright retarded.
What the hhhhhhell is happening to the game collecting community ???
Geezus Christ !

Edited: 02/14/2010 at 02:04 AM by Grooveraider

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:47:56 AM
Elijah (161)
Iowa
I'm sure you've caught on Groove, that its rarity that is driving the price of the game, and not the quality, more specifically the desire to have every single nes game, the demand is high the supply is low, just thought I'd state the obvious. I wonder if the game was crappier, would it be worth more?

Selling everything.

God loves everyone

Feb 14, 2010 at 6:16:55 AM
pinge80 (3)
(Per-Inge Johansson) < Tourian Tourist >
Sweden
The News about this auction has reached Sweden now, I hope people don't think there scn games are worth a fortune now
http://www.aftonbladet.se/pryl/ar...

- SCN -

Feb 14, 2010 at 9:38:46 AM
mcetak8 (100)
(-- Kate --) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Pat the NES Punk

Originally posted by: mcetak8

To those who claim it's against ethics and fairness... it's a bunch of hooey.  As an eBay seller, I have the right to end an auction any time I want.  Transparency... fragile system... come on.  For real. 

You have no problem with it because you benefit from it, and that's fine to me. But to go one step further and think ethics and fairness is a "bunch of hooey" to others just because that's not how you operate? Huh? To pretend that at the end of the day that all people care about is money is disingenuous. 

For real.

Sorry Pat, I wasn't trying to insult you.  And I didn't mean ethics and fairness are "a bunch of hooey."  I was simply saying it seems to be a "bunch of hooey" that people are claiming it's unethical to put something up for auction and then take an offer on it before the auction runs to its end.  I sell a good amount on eBay, and I certainly don't rip people off.  I deal fairly as you can see from my feedback on NA and on eBay.  My point was simply that if I put something up for auction, I don't feel as though I should feel bound to let said auction run should someone offer me an amount of cash I feel okay taking.

Feb 14, 2010 at 9:53:15 AM
Hilmarf (13)
(Tork Anonymous) < El Ripper >
Norway
Originally posted by: pinge80

The News about this auction has reached Sweden now, I hope people don't think there scn games are worth a fortune now
http://www.aftonbladet.se/pryl/article6602637.ab

Well, there are actually two CIB on Tradera now, and both get sky high bids. Hope it's not too late too obtain one now for the serious collector, now that morons "invest" in our hobby.

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:17:12 AM
nintendof (11)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(H .) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Originally posted by: jdheins

I'm sure you've caught on Groove, that its rarity that is driving the price of the game, and not the quality, more specifically the desire to have every single nes game, the demand is high the supply is low, just thought I'd state the obvious. I wonder if the game was crappier, would it be worth more?

Rarity is the #1 reason for older gamers like Atari and NES & SNES, now the newer systems, great game and rarity like all the rpg's for Sega Saturn.

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:22:33 AM
OSG (28)
(PEEP and PAMP) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
I don't really buy or sell on ebay, so I'm not really familliar with the rules and whatnot. But. If one chooses to do business on that site, and there's rules about what one is supposed to do regarding auctions ending, it seems to me one oughts to follow them. Whether the rules are agreeable or not.

Originally posted by: pats1717

FINAL WARNING!

If it isn't in regards to this particular auction then start another thread. I will delete any posts after this one that are not about the CIB SE!

Pats, if you feel the need to overmoderate yet another thread, go nuts. This post has nothing to do with this auction, or CIB SE in general. Indeed, it has less to do with the topic at hand than the last posts of mine you deleted. But everyone is being civil here (except me, obviously, I am being an ass) and discussing an actual topic. Granted, it isn't the original topic, but that's how conversation works. If you feel the need to delete posts simply because people are making them, well okay. I'm pretty annoyed at SE threads too so feel free to delete the whole thread.

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:45:58 AM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: OSG

I don't really buy or sell on ebay, so I'm not really familliar with the rules and whatnot. But. If one chooses to do business on that site, and there's rules about what one is supposed to do regarding auctions ending, it seems to me one oughts to follow them. Whether the rules are agreeable or not.

Originally posted by: pats1717

FINAL WARNING!

If it isn't in regards to this particular auction then start another thread. I will delete any posts after this one that are not about the CIB SE!

Pats, if you feel the need to overmoderate yet another thread, go nuts. This post has nothing to do with this auction, or CIB SE in general. Indeed, it has less to do with the topic at hand than the last posts of mine you deleted. But everyone is being civil here (except me, obviously, I am being an ass) and discussing an actual topic. Granted, it isn't the original topic, but that's how conversation works. If you feel the need to delete posts simply because people are making them, well okay. I'm pretty annoyed at SE threads too so feel free to delete the whole thread.

Why should I delete this you spell it out very nicely. If you have a problem with what I did shoot me a pm about it.

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:52:58 AM
OSG (28)
(PEEP and PAMP) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
I don't actually have a problem with it/you I'm just using it as ammo to further my agenda of being a shit on the internet. But now that I've used it you (probably) won't hear another word about it.

Feb 14, 2010 at 4:56:38 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
This next message does not relate to OSG

I just cleaned up this thread. We are not going to go around and call people names and think it is going to be cool.

Edited: 02/14/2010 at 04:56 PM by pats1717

Feb 15, 2010 at 1:01:12 AM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
Why is this thread still open again?

I'm being completely civil here, but as a dedicated NA member, I dont understand how newer members can conduct themselves with more respect for NAers than those that have been a part of this site for years. Also, not directed at you pats, but mods, if you do delete posts, please message the members while doing it. I had a post deleted, and no clue to the reasons why, nor did another mod who read it understand why.

I do think that with the price, this game is dropping in value. I am also one to be afraid that a sealed case may be out there somewhere. Still, congrats to the winner, however, I think the going rate for this game is under $10k at open auction to someone who truly needs it. With the amount of publicity this got, and the shape the game was in, I am truly surprised it did not even pass the $15k mark.

Feb 15, 2010 at 1:33:18 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
you have a post in another thread where you said bandai told you woolworth's was the main distributor but also "... and Bandai mentioned to me about what happened and stated Woolworth's was the only place..." so that may be causing confusion.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:29:32 AM
kralleman (13)
(Kristofer Hansson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Sweden
The auction made it to swedish press (article from one of the bigger newspapers, in swedish though): http://www.aftonbladet.se/pryl/ar...

kralleman

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:51:53 AM
Sparky1821 (18)
(Mr. Anderson) < El Ripper >
Nebraska
good god...this thread has 16,000+ views?! is that an NA record?

All I need is an F'n Myriad and an F'n NWC!!!!! 

SNES-VB-N64 software libraries complete

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:02:53 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
^yep

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:11:01 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: ars2pd

Why is this thread still open again?

I'm being completely civil here, but as a dedicated NA member, I dont understand how newer members can conduct themselves with more respect for NAers than those that have been a part of this site for years. Also, not directed at you pats, but mods, if you do delete posts, please message the members while doing it. I had a post deleted, and no clue to the reasons why, nor did another mod who read it understand why.

I don't really appreciate posts like this, telling us what we should be doing, but what I'm about to say isn't really directed solely at you. Our mods bust their butts to keep NA up and running as smoothly as possible. If they had to hold everyone's hand through every post deletion, this would be a full time job. If a post was deleted, and poster isn't sure why, he/she should read the FAQ then just take a fair guess. If still unsure as to why, and we're not sure why, then maybe it was a simple mistake or a judgment call that was iffy. I trust our mods to do the right thing, but they're only human, and they (and I) have made mistakes.