Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Suggestion: Make a sticky bubble conversation Contain the recurring topic, maybe even make it interesting over time?

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:00:12 PM
Aatos (78)
(Eero loves NTSC!) < Meka Chicken >
Finland
As I didn't get to make this suggestion in the latest bubble thread before it was locked, I thought what the heck, there's a suggestion forum so why not use it:

We have a sticky "post your collections" thread, we have a sticky "Stadium events" thread and we have sticky or at least recurring, single "VGA'd" thread. So why not have a sticky "When is the Bubble going to burst", aka "Retro game economy developments" thread?

While being tired of someone posting a new thread about this at least twice a week, I'm equally turned off by the amount of sarcasm these threads gather these days. However, having been around for a while, I HAVE seen intelligent and genuinely interesting conversation around this very old topic, perhaps best examplified here: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess... .

For the conversation to actually move forward however, there needs to be cumulating data and something that keeps noobs from always starting the conversation from the beginning. Perhaps the best course of action would be to promote that, or another well matured thread into a sticky status and always simply pointing the conversation there from now on instead of the bland ridicule. I'm confident that over time, someone would come up with something new and interesting to say too!

What do you guys think?

And to reiterate: THIS thread is not about whether the bubble is going to burst, but whether having an ongoing thread about it would benefit the community.

-------------------------
It's been a long time since I realized, I'm not building a great collection, but a great library. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:39:08 AM
gomygomy (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Cherub >
I'm equally turned off by the amount of sarcasm these threads gather these days. However, having been around for a while.

Pc Games And Softwares
www.gamesearning.com...