Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

#13/200 Autographed Songbird Statue - Bioshock Infinite (by the creators of the game) with Certificate of Authenticity LOCK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOCKED TOPIC

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:24:38 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
I have to agree with you Simon, I don't think someone would bid it up to $250 who isn't willing to bid $200

-------------------------
Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:35:40 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: ForteSP

Originally posted by: The Hero

Sigh I'll give you a free bump man. If the starting bid was 100$ you know I'd jump on this as well as many others.

I just don't understand what the difference between starting at $100 or $200 is. Could  you explain the logic behind why someone will bid $250 on an auction starting at $100 but not $200 on the same item starting at $200?

The difference is that people want to feel like they get a deal.

-------------------------

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:42:17 PM
ForteSP (24)
< El Ripper >
New York
Originally posted by: thesubcon3

The difference is that people want to feel like they get a deal.

But this is already a crazy good deal. If I'm starting it at $100 I might as well just start it at a penny. It doesn't make sense to me why it would go easily past $200 on an auction starting at half the price.

The last one of these statues to sell sold for $368 or so and the number was 30 something, iirc. that was over a year ago.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:45:58 PM
The Hero (426)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania

Sigh I'll give you a free bump man. If the starting bid was 100$ you know I'd jump on this as well as many others.

I just don't understand what the difference between starting at $100 or $200 is. Could  you explain the logic behind why someone will bid $250 on an auction starting at $100 but not $200 on the same item starting at $200?

Well I'ts called a BIDDER'S HIGH (Tm'd by me lol). When People start bidding people start to usually start to climb and climb with more bids, sometimes going for more than the buy it now that is usually placed. Its fun its like in sports where people have a friendly rivalry they keep wanting to get better than their rival and in turn their rival want to get better than them. Even if one doesn't win its the game that was fun!

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:17:25 PM
ForteSP (24)
< El Ripper >
New York

Well I'ts called a BIDDER'S HIGH (Tm'd by me lol). When People start bidding people start to usually start to climb and climb with more bids, sometimes going for more than the buy it now that is usually placed. Its fun its like in sports where people have a friendly rivalry they keep wanting to get better than their rival and in turn their rival want to get better than them. Even if one doesn't win its the game that was fun!

But wouldn't people bid based on how much they want the item? For example, I'd never pay $100 just to say "HAH i got this and you didn't."

Jun 21, 2015 at 3:06:05 PM
The Hero (426)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania

But wouldn't people bid based on how much they want the item? For example, I'd never pay $100 just to say "HAH i got this and you didn't."

yes hypothetically in thought that would make sense but in practice it is not! As u can see I'm a pretty well versed bidder an have seen many auctions where this has happened!

Jun 21, 2015 at 3:10:57 PM
ForteSP (24)
< El Ripper >
New York
yes hypothetically in thought that would make sense but in practice it is not! As u can see I'm a pretty well versed bidder an have seen many auctions where this has happened!

Well I don't think I'd ever start this at $100. :/. even $200 seemed low to me, but I digress. only 9 hours remain, lol. I'd rather someone who really wants it gets it than someone who just wants to screw someone else out of a bid, even if it costs me a few dollars.

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:15:44 AM
ForteSP (24)
< El Ripper >
New York
lock this shit.