Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2018 Weekly Contests Presents: Ninja Gaiden 2 Contest ends Sunday, 5/27/18 at 11 PM NA time

May 27, 2018 at 10:48:32 PM
smick (27)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Updated my post with a small improvement to my score on page 2.

-------------------------
Playing through the Zelda games:

Complete: The Legend of Zelda (8/1/13); Zelda II (1/6/14); Zelda LTTP (5/18/14); Link's Awakening (4/8/15); Ocarina of Time (2/7/16)
Up Next: Majora's Mask

May 27, 2018 at 10:53:28 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: mbd39

Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Oh, I see that skinny updated his score. Should I settle for second place or try again? Hmmm... I reallllllllllly don't feel like trying again.

I noticed I was close to one million when after the score from defeating the final form. I can’t believe i fucked up taking the picture. 

I dont really want to play it again though. 

Yeah. This game gives out a ridiculous amount of points. Try getting a million points in the first Ninja Gaiden without exploiting a 1up loop.

I should have been able to beat the game within five lives but didn't try as hard as I could have, and kept having stupid deaths.

I like that we both competed for high score without using any point pressing.

Ya I don’t have any proof lol but I did it twice this week. After you beat the final form there is no time to take the pic. 

I tried once once more but fell off a few platforms early and didn’t have time. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

May 27, 2018 at 11:03:01 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Oh, I see that skinny updated his score. Should I settle for second place or try again? Hmmm... I reallllllllllly don't feel like trying again.

I noticed I was close to one million when after the score from defeating the final form. I can’t believe i fucked up taking the picture. 

Yeah. This game gives out a ridiculous amount of points. Try getting a million points in the first Ninja Gaiden without exploiting a 1up loop.

I should have been able to beat the game within five lives but didn't try as hard as I could have, and kept having stupid deaths.

Ya I don’t have any proof lol but I did it twice this week. After you beat the final form there is no time to take the pic. 

This is not an easy game by any means so beating it within five lives is an accomplishment. The platforming gets ridiculous by act 3 with all the small platforms and birds. And then you have stuff like the ice physics in act 5. I understand why most players this week didn't get far.

I could have put in more effort but I was lazy. And 7-2 and the second form of the final boss are both horrible.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Edited: 05/27/2018 at 11:03 PM by mbd39

May 28, 2018 at 12:19:36 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

This is not an easy game by any means so beating it within five lives is an accomplishment. The platforming gets ridiculous by act 3 with all the small platforms and birds. And then you have stuff like the ice physics in act 5. I understand why most players this week didn't get far.

I could have put in more effort but I was lazy. And 7-2 and the second form of the final boss are both horrible.

Id like to no death it. The second form isn’t to bad with the big Chinese star for that goes like a boomerang. The first form is my least favorite actually and the third form is really easy. 

May 28, 2018 at 12:25:12 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
My god skinny, you need to take safety picture near the end to, at least, get something that is worth your while if you fail to take the last picture!

May 28, 2018 at 12:27:19 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Id like to no death it. The second form isn’t to bad with the big Chinese star for that goes like a boomerang. The first form is my least favorite actually and the third form is really easy. 

The original Ninja Gaiden has a similar third form that showers you with projectiles and they do a whopping three damage each. In this game they only do one damage so it's an easy fight.

However the first two forms are easier in the first game, IMO.

May 28, 2018 at 12:34:13 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: guillavoie

My god skinny, you need to take safety picture near the end to, at least, get something that is worth your while if you fail to take the last picture!

Well, he won anyway, by the skin of his teeth. Because I decided not to do any point pressing or put in a whole lot of effort this week. God dammit.

Second place is still good though.

May 28, 2018 at 1:07:07 AM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Did Skinny really win this? Crazy!

May 28, 2018 at 1:13:49 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
I'm almost embarrassed that I didn't win. It was easy pickings.

May 28, 2018 at 2:20:14 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Originally posted by: guillavoie

Well, he won anyway, by the skin of his teeth. Because I decided not to do any point pressing or put in a whole lot of effort this week. God dammit.

Second place is still good though.

Guil! That’s brilliant... I didn’t even think about it! 

MBD I would have been really upset if I didn’t win because I had finished the game twice. Lol. 

May 28, 2018 at 2:22:23 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: Richardhead

Did Skinny really win this? Crazy!

Skinny got a win little buddy!! 

May 28, 2018 at 2:24:29 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

I'm almost embarrassed that I didn't win. It was easy pickings.

Ya it’s a shallow win but I’ll take it. 

All you had had to do was beat the grinder! But fate stepped in to hand the NGII trophy to the proper owner.. Kobra!!!

Edited: 05/28/2018 at 02:39 AM by skinnygrinny

May 28, 2018 at 7:58:04 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Leaderboard updated.
I almost cannot believe Skinny took another win.  
Congratulations Skinny!

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

May 28, 2018 at 8:34:55 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Congratulations Skinny!

Hehehee. Thank you.
you know I can usually somehow sneak a win or two   

May 28, 2018 at 9:24:00 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Leaderboard updated.
Congratulations Skinny!

Yeah. Congrats Skinny.

We had our own little "no point pressing" contest between us, and stupid mistakes kept keeping me from beating the game with five lives.

Skinny beat the game but couldn't get a picture, lol.

May 28, 2018 at 10:39:33 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

It's actually possible to die on that level?  

May 28, 2018 at 10:42:07 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Well, I had never played this game before and only tried a few runs. The snow part a little further down kept bugging me. The wind effect is nice and all, but throw in that one random enemy that keeps hitting you and bumping you off a platform called it a day. Again, not sure if my controller is just work out or I am not 100% on the jumping controls that made me not care to try again for the night.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Edited: 05/28/2018 at 10:42 AM by Mega Tank

May 28, 2018 at 10:46:23 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Well, I had never played this game before and only tried a few runs. The snow part a little further down kept bugging me. The wind effect is nice and all, but throw in that one random enemy that keeps hitting you and bumping you off a platform called it a day. Again, not sure if my controller is just work out or I am not 100% on the jumping controls that made me not care to try again for the night.

Oh yeah. I understand getting a game over in 2-2 because of the wind and the enemies. That is where the game starts to get hard. But 2-1 is very easy because it has a health refill and no pits to get knocked into.