Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Would you guys like to see The NES Accessories Thread

Feb 5, 2010 at 4:16:55 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: superNESman

Originally posted by: burdger

instead of a thread, what about an accessories sub board, like the protoculture board? I don't know if I'd ever leave

Can there really be that much to go in there?

I really don't think so. I think that the database combined with the appropriate sub-boards right now would be enough to categorize any post about accessories.

I personally think there's definitely that much to go in there.

I guarantee you that there's far more kinds of accessories/variants out there in collector's hands than there is prototypes. Especially if you're counting things like your NES lock as an accessory... then the scope of things that can be considered an accessory becomes pretty huge.

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:23:14 AM
JJAAMMEESSNNEESS (332)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(James S) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: AllYourBase

Originally posted by: JJAAMMEESSNNEESS

im working on a personal thread that will have all of what im getting from
doug
and that holy grail im getting

Do explain...?

here is what dain said

"I'd say it's very rare, borderline incredibly rare. That's the first boxed one I've personally ever seen"

here is the pic from the seller
im waiting for it

-------------------------
See how I made my way into the HOS!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:39:26 AM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
I'd still love a second hands free controller if anyone has one to play with my friends

-------------------------
Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:09:49 PM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
Originally posted by: AllYourBase

Originally posted by: superNESman

Originally posted by: burdger

instead of a thread, what about an accessories sub board, like the protoculture board? I don't know if I'd ever leave

Can there really be that much to go in there?

I really don't think so. I think that the database combined with the appropriate sub-boards right now would be enough to categorize any post about accessories.

I personally think there's definitely that much to go in there.

I guarantee you that there's far more kinds of accessories/variants out there in collector's hands than there is prototypes. Especially if you're counting things like your NES lock as an accessory... then the scope of things that can be considered an accessory becomes pretty huge.

I agree. And as Speedy has says, I think he has over 200+ accessories. I would like to know all the ones that have been found.

Feb 12, 2010 at 12:31:36 AM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
Just saw James' post over in the Collectors Forum and then saw this.

I have to admit that while I knew the Accessories Database existed here somewhere, the few times I've tried to find it I could not (including just now before I read Dain's post on where it was). Logically speaking, the way to find the Accessories makes sense from a design friendly standpoint. It's a bit awkward to try to find it on your own, though, especially if you're new to the site (or not, as in mine and pats' case, lol). Is it at all possible to put accessories into its own tab across the top bar, and have it then able to be filtered by system? It might be slightly more dummy-friendly then !

Edited: 02/12/2010 at 12:33 AM by removed-07-06-2016