pmyoshi (0)
< Cherub >

Aug 27 at 9:29:18 AM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Wonder how much it will go for?

-------------------------
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Aug 27 at 9:45:53 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Im glad someone is telling me its a holy grail in all caps, would have never known

Aug 27 at 10:11:06 AM
johnnyboy113 (352)
(John ) < King Solomon >
New York
Damn this is worth that much now? I think I have the 5 screw cib , wonder what that's worth now

Pizza will be delivered to all in May! ;-)

Aug 27 at 10:49:47 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: tbone3969

Wonder how much it will go for?

There's a guy in the WTB with a $1500 bounty, but to OP's credit it looks like he tried to get a hold of him before putting this on ebay.

Aug 27 at 10:51:15 AM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Im glad someone is telling me its a holy grail in all caps, would have never known
Lol right.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Aug 27 at 7:27:04 PM
Viper0hr (81)
(Ryan R) < Ridley Wrangler >
Florida
Considering I know the story behind this find and how absolutely scum shady it was I find his description hilarious.

He got it from another regular at a trade event for a deal knowing what it was and is flipping it right away.

Not complaining about him making a profit, we all do it, but his overboard description comes off as scummy trying to get max max value out of it when he got it for next to nothing.

Aug 27 at 8:43:31 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: Viper0hr

Considering I know the story behind this find and how absolutely scum shady it was I find his description hilarious.

He got it from another regular at a trade event for a deal knowing what it was and is flipping it right away.

Not complaining about him making a profit, we all do it, but his overboard description comes off as scummy trying to get max max value out of it when he got it for next to nothing.

Were both parties aware of the value? Or did the seller give him a deal on the value of a normal Mega Man cart, which obviously wasn't necessary.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 27 at 8:44:46 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Also, the description oozes that it was written by the same guy that undercuts you at a garage sale while you're in the middle of the transaction.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 27 at 9:19:58 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Ugh what a joke. Searched for it for years and instantly flipped on Ebay? I know plenty of bullshitters in real life and you cant believe a word they say, but when that comes across in plain text you're a real gem.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 27 at 10:03:49 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Estimated 5 to 7 known. Rarer than stadium events

Is this accurate? 

Aug 27 at 10:59:08 PM
Viper0hr (81)
Florida
Originally posted by: Maertens29

Were both parties aware of the value? Or did the seller give him a deal on the value of a normal Mega Man cart, which obviously wasn't necessary.
The guy he was dealing with is another "regular" at the event and gave it to him for a MM1 deal, he had no idea what he was selling.

Aug 28 at 12:35:07 AM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois

The guy he was dealing with is another "regular" at the event and gave it to him for a MM1 deal, he had no idea what he was selling.

This really upsets me. I understand wanting to score a huge win, but I hate when people knowingly try to rip other collectors off. I can understand doing it to someone just trying to make a quick buck, even though I still think one in good conscious should be honest about value. However, to do it to someone who enjoys this hobby is not defensible imo.

Aug 28 at 8:10:02 AM
FooFghtrs33 (12)

(Joe Kaminski) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
In his other auctions, the Mario "first print" is also technically a second print. Picture 5 has the "void" remaining from the gloss sticker removal. Also misleading for buyers.

Aug 28 at 8:43:17 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: gunpei
Estimated 5 to 7 known. Rarer than stadium events
Is this accurate? 

Maybe ten years ago. Feels like there is probably two dozen or more now, my guess.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 08/28/2019 at 08:43 AM by Ferris Bueller

Aug 28 at 12:45:51 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio

Can't really fault the buyer there.   It's the seller's responsibility to know his shit.

If I'm buddies with the seller and it's an egregious error, I'll pick it up, hand it to him, and let him know his mistake.   

I still enjoy giving a certain member here grief over selling a 5 screw Tyson not knowing what it was.   (And it was only worth about $150 at the time.)

EDIT:  Beyond that, I'm not endorsing anything else this guy is doing.   I mean, he has TWO "holy grails" for auction at once!

Edited: 08/28/2019 at 12:48 PM by captmorgandrinker

Aug 28 at 1:25:05 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Can't really fault the buyer there.   It's the seller's responsibility to know his shit.

If I'm buddies with the seller and it's an egregious error, I'll pick it up, hand it to him, and let him know his mistake.   

I still enjoy giving a certain member here grief over selling a 5 screw Tyson not knowing what it was.   (And it was only worth about $150 at the time.)

EDIT:  Beyond that, I'm not endorsing anything else this guy is doing.   I mean, he has TWO "holy grails" for auction at once!

If this happened at the trade event I’m thinking of, I’m surprised this was able to go down. That is an intimate group of pretty serious collectors. The hosts are very respectable. The event usually will draw 20-30 people mostly the same faces every time, with new ones added once in a while. There is never an issue with leaving high dollar items wide out in the open in your display area with no thought of foul play. A Bucky o’hare And chrono trigger sat unattended for nearly an hour last time I was there. I understand not spilling the beans on someone getting a good deal but like I said the people at this event are all friends imo. I consider them friends. 

The way this was was picked up is on the greasy side considering how and where and who was involved. You can’t fault the op for making the purchase. You can definitely question etiquette.

imo if you pick up something for a steal in what might be considered a greasy way and plan to flip it, it would be wiser and more respectable to do it on the down low. This seems pretty in your face and that does leave a bad taste. 

And the description says “I’ve been looking for years” what for, to flip? And “I found it in the wild” according to Ryan that’s a joke. And Ryan doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to make this up. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 28 at 2:22:08 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

If this happened at the trade event I’m thinking of, I’m surprised this was able to go down. That is an intimate group of pretty serious collectors. The hosts are very respectable. The event usually will draw 20-30 people mostly the same faces every time, with new ones added once in a while. There is never an issue with leaving high dollar items wide out in the open in your display area with no thought of foul play. A Bucky o’hare And chrono trigger sat unattended for nearly an hour last time I was there. I understand not spilling the beans on someone getting a good deal but like I said the people at this event are all friends imo. I consider them friends. 

The way this was was picked up is on the greasy side considering how and where and who was involved. You can’t fault the op for making the purchase. You can definitely question etiquette.

imo if you pick up something for a steal in what might be considered a greasy way and plan to flip it, it would be wiser and more respectable to do it on the down low. This seems pretty in your face and that does leave a bad taste. 

And the description says “I’ve been looking for years” what for, to flip? And “I found it in the wild” according to Ryan that’s a joke. And Ryan doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to make this up. 

How come nobody else tipped the owner off to what it was?   Or did everybody just assume he knew what he had?

Aug 28 at 2:22:50 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Id like to personally thank Laketown again if he's still around.

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 28 at 2:26:05 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

How come nobody else tipped the owner off to what it was?   Or did everybody just assume he knew what he had?

That’s what I’m wondering. If I was at this particular event I was unaware of the sale. 

Perhaps op quietly caught him slipping didn’t gloat until days later?

Aug 28 at 11:19:28 PM
Viper0hr (81)
Florida

That’s what I’m wondering. If I was at this particular event I was unaware of the sale. 

So, it was not actually at our event here in NW Florida, but was at Daves event in Tampa at his Warehouse. They were not aware of it until after the fact or someone there would have pointed out what it was had they known.

Like I said and agree with ctpmorgin for, it's nothing anyone of us would not do. Buy cheap and make some money to put back into the collection, even at a trade event it's shady as hell, but par for the course now a days in the collecting scene...It's his eBay listing compared to the truth that makes me a little wtf lol.

Aug 28 at 11:30:54 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
I remember following an auction on one of these that went for not a whole lot more than the 40-50 bucks the cart was going for at the time. Knew I had missed out on something people were after in general and regretted not bidding, but I had no idea it was that rare of an item. Not sure I buy 5 to 7 known copies. Seems like it used to come up for sale often enough to make those numbers pretty unrealistic. I remember looking for it in other auctions after missing it and seeing at least one, if not two, go in the 250 range. 

Aug 29 at 4:10:40 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

So, it was not actually at our event here in NW Florida, but was at Daves event in Tampa at his Warehouse. They were not aware of it until after the fact or someone there would have pointed out what it was had they known.

Like I said and agree with ctpmorgin for, it's nothing anyone of us would not do. Buy cheap and make some money to put back into the collection, even at a trade event it's shady as hell, but par for the course now a days in the collecting scene...It's his eBay listing compared to the truth that makes me a little wtf lol.
Ok. I’ve meet Dave but have not been to the warehouse.

I understand why op made the move. It’s dog eat dog. But a bit of true colors as a result. 

The listing is hilarious on its own. Add this context and it even better. 

Aug 29 at 8:10:41 AM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: johnnyboy113

Damn this is worth that much now? I think I have the 5 screw cib , wonder what that's worth now
You selling?

Aug 31 at 9:28:12 PM
Brink (1)
< Little Mac >
Michigan
Auction ended at $1,225.