Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

☭FA - Commie Killer LE auction (KHan style) EDIT: Ended (Please read why)☭ ☭Auction ended. Thanks for bidding (Please read reasons why)☭

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:16:45 PM
Carpetbagger1886 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Casey ) < Cherub >
North Carolina
$117

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:49:30 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
^?

Edited: 03/21/2015 at 10:51 PM by neodolphino

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:51:55 PM
JimJames (154)
(Sir Digby Chicken Caesar) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Originally posted by: neodolphino

^?

Yeah, that's sketchy.

-------------------------

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:52:27 PM
The Hero (426)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania

^?

carpetbagger very interesting name none the less in the south! Very Reconstructionist!

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:53:23 PM
Majesty ZX (40)
(Ginger ) < Lolo Lord >
Georgia
Fer sure. I know vec didn't put new users can't bid in the OP, but I doubt he adds that bid to the list.

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:04:16 PM
The Hero (426)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Looks like I'm moving on down instead of up 😔!

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:17:00 PM
Carpetbagger1886 (0)
(Casey ) < Cherub >
North Carolina
my comrades and i wanted to do Abe lincoln proud. And now i want to do ronald reagan proud by killing some commies!!

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:39:23 PM
The Hero (426)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Carpetbagger1886

my comrades and i wanted to do Abe lincoln proud. And now i want to do ronald reagan proud by killing some commies!!

silly me I thought u came to rebuild to rebuild the south after the civil war.

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:44:04 PM
Carpetbagger1886 (0)
(Casey ) < Cherub >
North Carolina
Been there, done that

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:05:52 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Carpetbagger1886

$117

O RLY?

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:06:08 AM
Carpetbagger1886 (0)
(Casey ) < Cherub >
North Carolina
We would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those pesky scalawags...

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:14:01 AM
Carpetbagger1886 (0)
(Casey ) < Cherub >
North Carolina
What?

Mar 22, 2015 at 2:20:24 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Jules337

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Aaaand my hatred for these types of auctions is reenforced...

Yeah.  Half of me wants these guys to get as much as possible for this for their hard work, the other hates the fact that its "  It could end at any time but i am going to let it go as long as possible to extract every cent I can from it"

Either way, the guys that make these deserve the money, next time I am just going to wait way more time to bid.

That's why I'm saying there needs to be a cap set on the auction. Like, it will end in the month of March. Something to hold the sellers accountable. I wonder if there is pre-determined time set or if it just ends when the seller feels like theres enough money. 

Don't get me wrong. These guys deserve every penny. I just think we could improve on this auction format a little.

I'd love to hear what ideas you have.  I don't see how saying "it will end in the month of March" would help.  People would assume it would last until the end of March, and then wait until the last minute to bid.  If we ended it early, they would get upset that we implied that it would be running until the end of March.

I agree, it is certainly not a perfect auction style, but I honestly don't know how to change it to better anything.

What are people's main gripes?  That they don't get a second chance to bid?

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:02:13 AM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

I'd love to hear what ideas you have.  I don't see how saying "it will end in the month of March" would help.  People would assume it would last until the end of March, and then wait until the last minute to bid.  If we ended it early, they would get upset that we implied that it would be running until the end of March.

I agree, it is certainly not a perfect auction style, but I honestly don't know how to change it to better anything.

I am not bidding but I would like to ask a question. What, precisely, is the reason for not allowing one to make more than one bid? And, for the record, I completely agree with everything else that has been stipulated, as we all live in a free country.

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:04:44 AM
JimJames (154)
(Sir Digby Chicken Caesar) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Originally posted by: deathrock83

I am not bidding but I would like to ask a question. What, precisely, is the reason for not allowing one to make more than one bid? And, for the record, I completely agree with everything else that has been stipulated, as we all live in a free country.

I think the single bid thing has to do with the fact that this is a multi-item auction. People are bidding for one of 25 items so the auctioneer is getting the best bids out of the bidders rather than the lowest bids. I posted an example but I think it's pretty self explanatory.

Edited: 03/22/2015 at 10:06 AM by JimJames

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:11:01 AM
Forestfire (0)
(Casey ) < Cherub >
Alabama
$121.02

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:21:23 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Originally posted by: Forestfire

$121.02

Unless you prove not to be an already existing user *cough*Jules337*cough* , your bid will not be approved by the Ministry of Propaganda.

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Edited: 03/22/2015 at 10:25 AM by Vectrex28

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:24:55 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Forestfire

$121.02

Cory, you do realize it's against the rules to make multiple accounts, right?

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:37:54 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska

Originally posted by: Jules337

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Aaaand my hatred for these types of auctions is reenforced...

Yeah.  Half of me wants these guys to get as much as possible for this for their hard work, the other hates the fact that its "  It could end at any time but i am going to let it go as long as possible to extract every cent I can from it"

Either way, the guys that make these deserve the money, next time I am just going to wait way more time to bid.

That's why I'm saying there needs to be a cap set on the auction. Like, it will end in the month of March. Something to hold the sellers accountable. I wonder if there is pre-determined time set or if it just ends when the seller feels like theres enough money. 

Don't get me wrong. These guys deserve every penny. I just think we could improve on this auction format a little.

Always thought a clever way would be have a "reserve" in mind for the last copy. You don't have to disclose it.

To couple that idea, you would also disclose that if there is not a bid made for X hours (lets say X is 24 hours), then the auction ends.

So, the auction ends in 2 ways.
1. Reserve met for last copy
2. Time expires from last bid.

That would at least let the bidders know that there is a definite line in the sand.

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:58:20 AM
The Hero (426)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Wow this auction is definitely intriguing there seems to be many new members who are interested in this item!

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:00:02 AM
Majesty ZX (40)
(Ginger ) < Lolo Lord >
Georgia
That's a clever idea, but then it just seems like it's up until the money's made. I promise you there was a date discussed and set for the end of this auction before it started. Also it's only been 5 days, it's not like it's been up for a month.

Edited: 03/22/2015 at 11:00 AM by Majesty ZX

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:10:44 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
@khan

Yeah that is my main complaint. I "thought" the bidding was going to stay low so I bid accordingly. But in the end, I bid the maximum amount i wanted to pay anyways. My only suggestion would to have a "minimun" day limit ie auction will be for at least 4 days or something- but then again it might not work, because then no one would bid for those 4 days.

Bidding could also be silent as well via pm. Not sure gow that would work though.

Its really not that big of a deal. I am just happy that you guys are releasing quality stuff for the NES. I will be just fine with a regular copy.

PS it sucks some douche had to come in and get in all pissy with second account bullshittery.

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:12:13 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Majesty ZX

That's a clever idea, but then it just seems like it's up until the money's made. I promise you there was a date discussed and set for the end of this auction before it started. Also it's only been 5 days, it's not like it's been up for a month.
Honestly, I don't care how people auction off their items. If I want to bid on it, I will abide by their rules. I was just tossing out a format that could be unique (maybe?).

Anyways, Best of luck with the end of the auction. I'm a cheap ass, so KHAN pretty much bid me out with his bid.

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:25:22 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
$19 even!

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!