Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Collection Tool Features Thread Have an idea? Post it here

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:07:46 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Current Feature List (in progress):
  • We'll be adding a "filter by condition" option.
  • The ability to view a collection, minus everything that the person doesn't have. In other words, to view a collection only for what is in it and not including lines for what is missing in the public view... this could either be the default or a sorting option. Additionally, there could be an option to view ONLY what is missing from having a complete set.(airlock78)
  • The ability to remove a system from a collection if, for instance, I decide to sell off all of my virtual boy games and stop tracking them... or if I decide to start collecting DS. This wouldn't really be useful for anyone who kept separate lists anyway, but if someone wants to keep everything in the same list it might (airlock78).
  • The ability to change the ordering of collection images. (superNESman)
  • Invite-only lists (you specify the users that have access)
  • Allow users to specify their OWN colors for conditions/grades.
  • Setting: choose default sort (dangevin)
  • Row highlighting on mouseover (airlock78)
  • Matched searching for needs vs available (planned feature, dangevin)
  • Add the ability to set priority levels on wanted items (xARSEFACEx)
  • for users who have uploaded images for specific games in their collection, perhaps their overview of that collection could throw up a "top 10" thumbnails in the header. Would be extremely nice for FS lists, but in general just to show off. They could opt for top 10 by value, condition, rarity, boxes etc. (Dangevin)
  • Add Date Acquired as selectable column and editable field. Right now we have this information (the default date is the date you added it to your collection), we just need to display it. (Zi).
  • for those who subscribe to the NA price guide a way to click on any game and track the price for 3 mo, 6mo, etc.(Zi)
  • Add an a la carte defect system allowing them to expand on condition (future enhancement) (Zi)

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:55:13 PM
Airlock (19)
(- Gordon -) < El Ripper >
Indiana
The option to list (selected or all) of one's collections on our user profiles would be cool.

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:05:37 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Similar to what Gordon just proposed, it would be neat to be able to display collection stats from specific (or all) collections in your forum user signature.

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:08:54 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
Forgive me if its already a possibility, but I would like the option to hide the 'buy' section.
Tool looks awesome so far!

-------------------------

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:12:43 PM
TheFrisbee (194)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Max (Ray) Frisbee) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: NES HERBALIST

Forgive me if its already a possibility, but I would like the option to hide the 'buy' section.
Tool looks awesome so far!

Under the options menu you can set it to private. Sorry, not sure if that is what you are asking though.

[18:07] osg: It is my lifelon goal to be in everyone's signature

Current project: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:17:03 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
^ no, there's a buy section when you are viewing your collection that lets you see listings on ebay amazon or another site. i think that's what he's talking about

Let's Go Penguins!

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:20:00 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
what about being able to add your own carts? ones that are not listed in the database?

the reason i'm asking is because a good portion of my collection are hacks/repros/others (Adv Island IV, Super Contra 7, Powerpak for example)

Let's Go Penguins!

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:24:11 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Wow, just been playing around with it a bit and this thing is great!

A couple things that I would love to see:

1. A "quick tab" located at the top of the forum page for direct access to our personal collections. Either near the "FAQ, Forums, FAQ," part of the top or the "Home, Profile, Today" section.

2. A way to upload photos from another site. Most of my collection is cataloged on photobucket. I would love it if I could upload pictures from the web instead of having to download all of the pictures and re-upload them here.

Again, love it so far. Great job to all involved!

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:25:27 PM
Airlock (19)
(- Gordon -) < El Ripper >
Indiana
Originally posted by: dr.robbie

what about being able to add your own carts? ones that are not listed in the database?

the reason i'm asking is because a good portion of my collection are hacks/repros/others (Adv Island IV, Super Contra 7, Powerpak for example)

On the main "manage collections" page, click on the "list loader". You can add custom entries with it.

I have a feeling this question will be coming up a lot... may need to make it more obvious that it works for this kind of thing, even beyond including an explanation in the eventual "manual".

Might not be a bad idea to link it from the individual collection management pages either. Perhaps an "add custom entries / list loader" link or something like that next to the "expand collection" link... or as a option once you click "expand collection".

Edited: 11/25/2009 at 06:29 PM by Airlock

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:25:37 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: dr.robbie

You can do this (I just did with all my prototypes).

Click on "list loader (bulk)
Copy and paste your list of games
It will create a list for you that you can start a new collection of or import into an existing collection

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:29:16 PM
TheFrisbee (194)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Max (Ray) Frisbee) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

Wow, just been playing around with it a bit and this thing is great!

A couple things that I would love to see:

1. A "quick tab" located at the top of the forum page for direct access to our personal collections. Either near the "FAQ, Forums, FAQ," part of the top or the "Home, Profile, Today" section.

2. A way to upload photos from another site. Most of my collection is cataloged on photobucket. I would love it if I could upload pictures from the web instead of having to download all of the pictures and re-upload them here.

Again, love it so far. Great job to all involved!

Really like this idea.

[18:07] osg: It is my lifelon goal to be in everyone's signature

Current project: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:46:41 PM
tuxedocivic (94)
(Ryan Bouma) < Ridley Wrangler >
British Columbia
I may have missed this... Is there a way to search for matches between users who have what is on your want list and they have on their for sale / trade list. Example. I have Turtles Tournament Fighters on my want list. Can I click a majic button that shows me the people with that item?

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:49:10 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: tuxedocivic

I may have missed this... Is there a way to search for matches between users who have what is on your want list and they have on their for sale / trade list. Example. I have Turtles Tournament Fighters on my want list. Can I click a majic button that shows me the people with that item?

I was also wondering this. Would be nice for selling things if you could search for people who want the item your selling.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:58:55 PM
Sivak (44)
(Sivak -) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
I think this would be a good feature for hiding: Have it so users can "hide any titles that do not have any check marks on them".

My website: Here

Battle Kid 2 demo videos: Playlist
Battle Kid demo videos: Playlist

Check out my current: Want list
Check out my current: Extras list

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:26:55 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
^^Guys, read the list at the top please -- many of these are on there.

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:02:31 PM
tuxedocivic (94)
(Ryan Bouma) < Ridley Wrangler >
British Columbia
^ Ah, ok. Thanks Dain

Nov 28, 2009 at 3:00:52 AM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
As others have mentioned, is there any way to disable the ebay, half.com, amazon columns?

This isn't a huge deal btw. Just a suggestion.

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

Nov 28, 2009 at 11:01:18 AM
nesruler22 (94)
(Jeremy Freeman) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Any way you could make a Ipod App so you can load it up on your ipod and take it with ya where ever you go?
Maybe you could sell it for 5 bucks or so and then you can just transfer it to your ipod and you can take it everywhere, i think that would be sweet
Jeremy

http://www.youtube.com/nesruler22...

Nov 28, 2009 at 11:21:08 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I don't know if maybe I just missed this, but it would be nice to have the rarity rating for the cart, box and manual as well shown on the list.

*Never mind I found it!  Man there are so many features it's easy to get lost.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Edited: 11/28/2009 at 11:23 AM by Penguin

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:18:28 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Just a quick update:

We wanted to get this out there as quickly as possible so that people could start building their collections, something that takes a decent amount of time even with the help of this tool. In that time, I really need to take a break from heavy duty programming. I've been going non-stop for weeks and I could use a small break to enjoy the holidays. So, I probably won't be doing too many things until the first of the year minus some minor bug fixes and 1 or 2 of the items on the list above.

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:20:40 PM
nesruler22 (94)
(Jeremy Freeman) < King Solomon >
Illinois
ya dain!
The tool is great the way it is!
Its working great and im so happy with it
Been scanning my carts now for a hour or so!
Thanks again dude for all your hard work!
Jeremy

http://www.youtube.com/nesruler22...

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:28:39 PM
superNESman (102)
(Deniz "Alpo The Great" Kahn) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Dain

Just a quick update:

We wanted to get this out there as quickly as possible so that people could start building their collections, something that takes a decent amount of time even with the help of this tool. In that time, I really need to take a break from heavy duty programming. I've been going non-stop for weeks and I could use a small break to enjoy the holidays. So, I probably won't be doing too many things until the first of the year minus some minor bug fixes and 1 or 2 of the items on the list above.

This is an outrage! Only humans get breaks, and you are merely a robot, get back to work!

I can speak for everyone I think by saying how much we appreciate your work and everything you've put into it, making something that was once a dream for us all a reality after...well, after a little bit . Thanks so much Dain, enjoy the holidays!

Nov 28, 2009 at 5:22:05 PM
Aquanistic (25)
(: Alex :) < El Ripper >
United States
An easy suggestion would be to put the links for browsing pages of a collection on the bottom in addition to the on the top.

But it's a great tool anyways. It really turned out great!

My FO / FT Thread

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:10:09 PM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
Probably planned, but the ability to browse others trade and selling lists from their profile page, or a searchable tool. Say I wanna find Super mario Bros. just type that into a search and it returns the list of people who have that as a trade or sell item.

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:08:49 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
^This gets into the realm of an interactive commerce tool, which is definitely planned but as Dain said, he's going to need some time off to reacquaint himself with his family