Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Collection Tool Features Thread Have an idea? Post it here

Nov 29, 2009 at 1:00:30 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
WE ARE HIS FAMILY TOO!!!

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Nov 29, 2009 at 1:55:47 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Perhaps, when searching to add games to a collection, you can add cart, box, and manual, instead of just checking one box and then going back to the collection page later to check those three boxes...?

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:40:23 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: mewithoutYou52

WE ARE HIS FAMILY TOO!!!

Heck yeah you are -- I would seriously have like 2 friends without this site!

Dec 1, 2009 at 4:06:23 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
more ideas (didn't read everyone's posts, just the top post so i apologize if there are any dupes):

- pagination control in settings (50 per page, 100, 200, 500(?))
- a select all button for each row (for example, i imported all nes ntsc and want to tic all the 'manual' boxes on my list)

- generate a new list from a previous list (or the ! of a previous list- err, opposite). so i have my almost complete list of NTSC and want to create a "wanted" list of the 78 carts I need. instead of hunting for those carts, i generate a list of the carts I don't have from the bulk list.
- off of ^^ idea, maybe tying one list to the other, so if i get one of hte needed 78 carts i moves from my want list to my ntsc list. this seems very complicated, sorry.

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:13:38 PM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I'd like to request a basic tutorial / walkthrough / "tips and tricks" or something of the sort from people here on the site who are using the tool.

Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:01:09 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
Forgive me if It is somehow possible, but in 'public view' i think it should be possible to view the comments you make on a game. Just realized I cant view my comments when in public mode.

Dec 3, 2009 at 8:44:39 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: albailey

I'd like to request a basic tutorial / walkthrough / "tips and tricks" or something of the sort from people here on the site who are using the tool.

Al

I'm trying to get one together..  Check out the thread here..

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

It's a slow process, but I hope to get at least the basics in. 

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:08:13 AM
Sivak (44)
(Sivak -) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Here's a thought... Have the page navigation at both the top AND bottom.

My website: Here

Battle Kid 2 demo videos: Playlist
Battle Kid demo videos: Playlist

Check out my current: Want list
Check out my current: Extras list

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:30:08 PM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
Output a PDF or TXT list of what you have for a certain system and what you don't have?
PSP homebrew app version? (This would help me out so much.)
Screw variations?

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Dec 18, 2009 at 12:04:24 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Can't you export as it is?

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:21:10 PM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
Forgive me if this has been asked and I missed it...
Is condition 10 mint colored green because, well, you know, real mint is green?

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:30:37 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Penguin

I don't know if maybe I just missed this, but it would be nice to have the rarity rating for the cart, box and manual as well shown on the list.

*Never mind I found it!  Man there are so many features it's easy to get lost.

Yeah, I was looking and found this also. One problem though, everything just shows "?". I thought it might have to take some time to update, but that was last night. Is there something I missed?

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:24:33 PM
Freedman (36)
(Harrison Freedman) < El Ripper >
Ontario
I made a thread about this about a week ago - an offline option. Somehow, if possible, that you don't need to be on NA or even the internet to use it.

Nintendo Entertainment System
Now you're playing with power!

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:29:21 PM
Zzap (47)
(James ) < King Solomon >
Australia
Harrison, by 'use it' do you want to be able to update your lists as well as look at them, or does the export to pdf, excel, text etc features suffice?

Chunkout for iPhone, iPad and iTouch out now!
Chunkout Games: FaceBook | Web

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:14:39 PM
Freedman (36)
(Harrison Freedman) < El Ripper >
Ontario
No No sorry - I mean like, in order for me to input data into the collection too I a) have to be on the internet and b) be on NA.

This isn't a problem now, but two weeks ago I didn't have internet and it would have been nice to use my spare time inputting data. I get that you can bulk upload using a text document. But it would have been nice to have an offline version of the collection tool to use.

I guess more like a piece of software almost. Probably too much to ask - but future endeavors?

Nintendo Entertainment System
Now you're playing with power!

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:00:27 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
^I would agree with this^

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:01:47 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
With the offline feature, that is..

Jan 16, 2010 at 9:55:05 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Just a quick note that I'll be starting work again on the c-tool in the coming days. I just needed a long break to work on some other things and enjoy the holidays.

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:44:35 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Dain

Just a quick note that I'll be starting work again on the c-tool in the coming days. I just needed a long break to work on some other things and enjoy the holidays.

All right, time to crack that whip!

/Tattooed detective!

Edited: 01/17/2010 at 11:51 AM by dangevin

Jan 17, 2010 at 10:50:09 AM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: MrMiniMog

Originally posted by: Penguin

I don't know if maybe I just missed this, but it would be nice to have the rarity rating for the cart, box and manual as well shown on the list.

*Never mind I found it!  Man there are so many features it's easy to get lost.

Yeah, I was looking and found this also. One problem though, everything just shows "?". I thought it might have to take some time to update, but that was last night. Is there something I missed?

Well it seems that you only get the rarity ratings when you search the database and put the game into your que. If you use the bulk uploaded, it doesn't get the rarity rating, or other info.

Is that a bug, or does it not search the database for the game info when you bulk upload?

see picture - one Bases Loaded was added though the bulk loader, the other was done by hand by searching the database.

Edited: 01/17/2010 at 10:55 AM by Mog

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:42:08 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
^the bulk loader is an arbitrary data loader, with no effort to "figure out" what's being loaded. Think of it as a "quick and dirty" list, the emphasis being on "dirty."

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:50:37 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Originally posted by: udisi

Probably planned, but the ability to browse others trade and selling lists from their profile page, or a searchable tool. Say I wanna find Super mario Bros. just type that into a search and it returns the list of people who have that as a trade or sell item.

I was wondering about this as well. More specifically, for a search tool. a la eGay.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:38:19 AM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
So I have a suggestion for the collection tool! Could you make the it so that the color legend for the grades scrolls with the page when in public view, or possibly have a little description box pop-up on rollover of a grade? Sometimes when looking through even my own list, I have to do a lot of scrolling up and down to figure out what I rated something at, and differentiating between the shades is occasionally difficult when you don't have it right there to look at.

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:12:25 PM
CollectorQuality (121)
(James Dyer) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: nesguy

So I have a suggestion for the collection tool! Could you make the it so that the color legend for the grades scrolls with the page when in public view, or possibly have a little description box pop-up on rollover of a grade? Sometimes when looking through even my own list, I have to do a lot of scrolling up and down to figure out what I rated something at, and differentiating between the shades is occasionally difficult when you don't have it right there to look at.

Please do!!!!

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:13:06 PM
CollectorQuality (121)
(James Dyer) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: chadalleman

Originally posted by: udisi

Probably planned, but the ability to browse others trade and selling lists from their profile page, or a searchable tool. Say I wanna find Super mario Bros. just type that into a search and it returns the list of people who have that as a trade or sell item.

I was wondering about this as well. More specifically, for a search tool. a la eGay.

This would be cool!